• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seasons Loco Coffee and Total Landscaping Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose the gate revenue from playing in empty arenas, the players lose salary via the escrow too, since actual revenues come in below projections, no?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose the gate revenue from playing in empty arenas, the players lose salary via the escrow too, since actual revenues come in below projections, no?

That's my understanding - The league (and is anybody really surprised) has been very quiet, maybe they've had a conference call with the 31 teams to address this, but you'd think they would want to get out in front of this and be as transparent as possible.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comeds suggested the following at his team meeting today (I call it the rick roll of hand washing):

smswZX1_d.jpg

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my understanding - The league (and is anybody really surprised) has been very quiet, maybe they've had a conference call with the 31 teams to address this, but you'd think they would want to get out in front of this and be as transparent as possible.
Probably makes it legally difficult/time consuming to do though since you have to have the owners and the players to agree on the cancellation, unless they're following a directive a government directive a la San Jose (if they cancel those games entirely that is). Add in that cities are often the owners of the arenas and would presumably also have to sign off and I can see why it would take a while.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably makes it legally difficult/time consuming to do though since you have to have the owners and the players to agree on the cancellation, unless they're following a directive a government directive a la San Jose (if they cancel those games entirely that is). Add in that cities are often the owners of the arenas and would presumably also have to sign off and I can see why it would take a while.

I was thinking of not cancelling the season per se, but continuing to play out the season in empty arenas. I realize the logistics involved, but I think this requires a communication from somebody like Bettman or Daly, if there has been one, then my bad, but I haven't seen anything to date.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if we just go by history, cancelling NHL games is right in Gary's wheelhouse.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox just announced that the new season of Firefly has been cancelled due to the Coronavirus.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not a hoax and not contained then? I mean, I swear I heard this from people in your administration last week...

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when the nhl cancels the playoffs do all teams become lottery eligible?

/what happens when the lottery and draft get cancelled too?

Status
Not open for further replies.