• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Found this on the Seahawks board

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff scenarios

With two games left all we need is a victory or a 49er loss and we guarantee home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Nothing is a lock in the NFL but we are definitely in the driver's seat for that #1 so for the sake of the discussion let's pretend that we have the #1 seed locked up.

Now...as the 1 seed who would we want to face the most and who would we least like to face?

Obviously teams we would want to face most would be
- Eagles, Cowboys, Bears

Team you wouldn't mind facing but could see them presenting some problems with their talent
- Lions

Then there are the three elite teams in the NFC
- Saints, Niners, Panthers

Which one of those three would you least like to face. My answer would be the 49ers. Although I feel confident we would be able to beat them at the Clink, there's no denying how good they are playing right now. Their defense is just so good when they are healthy.

Saints and Panthers are a toss up to me. Panthers could present a lot of problems with that front 7 but I don't think Cam Newton is ready for a prime time 12th man NFC Championship crowd at the Clink. That performance against Brees on MNF was insane but at the end of the day Drew Brees is still Drew Brees and any time you have someone like that you have a puncher's chance.

So here's how my list would look like from least like to face to most like to face

- 49ers, Saints, Panthers, Lions, Bears, Eagles, Cowboys

Seems like someone else other than I have no confifedence in our team.......They`d rather face us than the Lions?

I think we could beat someone in the playoffs before the lions.
Bush would likely fumble the bal away while Schwartz makes a few boneheaded calls.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole league has yet to catch on how many points we can put on anyone. I cant blame anyone for doubting us as a team tho. Lets face it we can't beat Bad teams let alone good teams. I like being the dog as we play so much better that way. If we can just get in Briggs and Tillman will both be there and Ratliff is finding his legs just now. Anything can happen, if we can just get in.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People constantly overestimate the depth of the Lions talent, because they have such big name talent that jumps out at you. Stafford, Bush, and Megatron on offense. Suh, Fairley, Jones, and Ansah on defense.

What they neglect to mention, is how thin the rest of the team is after that. There's no one worth mentioning in the back seven, their secondary has been bad for years and years. Their offensive line isn't very good, and they don't have all that much receiving talent after CJ.

The Lions big name players fool you into thinking they're something they're not. Which is why I think opposing fans fear them much more than they should.

I mean, look around this offense. Which group would you rather have surrounding the QB position? Forte, BM, Alshon, Martellus Bennett, Earl Bennett, and our offensive line? Or, Reggie Bush, Megatron, Nate Burleson, Pettigrew, (whoever their 3rd WR is), and their offensive line?

I'll take the Bears offensive talent any day of the week. IMO, neither team is too threatening to a team like Seattle. However, the Bears pose more problems, and with Briggs healthy on defense. Would be a tougher out. IMO

We're also neglecting to mention maybe the key piece to this whole argument. The Lions are poorly coached, lack discipline, have no veteran leadership, and have hardly any big game experience. All they've shown they can do is crap the bed on the big stage. This team shoots themselves in the foot time after time again. That's why they're not a legit threat to a super bowl contender.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole league has yet to catch on how many points we can put on anyone. I cant blame anyone for doubting us as a team tho. Lets face it we can't beat Bad teams let alone good teams. I like being the dog as we play so much better that way. If we can just get in Briggs and Tillman will both be there and Ratliff is finding his legs just now. Anything can happen, if we can just get in.

Tillman recently had surgery done . So he won't return this year. Unfortunately.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks only real weakness is the O-Line. The Lions can exploit that weakness. Our D-Line sucks.

I'm not sure what's controversial about that statement.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff scenarios

With two games left all we need is a victory or a 49er loss and we guarantee home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Nothing is a lock in the NFL but we are definitely in the driver's seat for that #1 so for the sake of the discussion let's pretend that we have the #1 seed locked up.

Now...as the 1 seed who would we want to face the most and who would we least like to face?

Obviously teams we would want to face most would be
- Eagles, Cowboys, Bears

Team you wouldn't mind facing but could see them presenting some problems with their talent
- Lions

Then there are the three elite teams in the NFC
- Saints, Niners, Panthers

Which one of those three would you least like to face. My answer would be the 49ers. Although I feel confident we would be able to beat them at the Clink, there's no denying how good they are playing right now. Their defense is just so good when they are healthy.

Saints and Panthers are a toss up to me. Panthers could present a lot of problems with that front 7 but I don't think Cam Newton is ready for a prime time 12th man NFC Championship crowd at the Clink. That performance against Brees on MNF was insane but at the end of the day Drew Brees is still Drew Brees and any time you have someone like that you have a puncher's chance.

So here's how my list would look like from least like to face to most like to face

- 49ers, Saints, Panthers, Lions, Bears, Eagles, Cowboys

Seems like someone else other than I have no confifedence in our team.......They`d rather face us than the Lions?

I think we could beat someone in the playoffs before the lions.
Bush would likely fumble the bal away while Schwartz makes a few boneheaded calls.

I cannot speak on behalf of the Seahawk poster but if I had to guess as to why he would rather face the Bears it is probably because the Bears have the worst rushing defense in the NFL, the fact that you have lost to the Lions both times you played them, and because Jay Cutler can throw INTs in bunches.

The Seahawks are at their best when we can move the ball on the ground and cause turnovers on defense. That is probably why that Seahawks fan would prefer to play the Bears.

Also the fact that the Seahawks lost in Detroit (24-28) last year, but won in Chicago (23-17 in OT) could have something to do with it.

Not trying to talk smack, just trying to bring you guys some insight.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks only real weakness is the O-Line. The Lions can exploit that weakness. Our D-Line sucks.

I'm not sure what's controversial about that statement.

Yeah, the Seahawks have a terrible offensive line. You could make the case our WR squad is mediocre but Russell Wilson has not had a problem with it, so it is not much of a problem. Plus come playoffs the Seahawks will (hopefully) have Percy Harvin back.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears dont have a shot to progress very far in the playoffs with their D. If you cant stop the run, its tough to get the ball back when youre down. Plus i think Sea would beat them up pretty good in Sea.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot speak on behalf of the Seahawk poster but if I had to guess as to why he would rather face the Bears it is probably because the Bears have the worst rushing defense in the NFL, the fact that you have lost to the Lions both times you played them, and because Jay Cutler can throw INTs in bunches.

The Seahawks are at their best when we can move the ball on the ground and cause turnovers on defense. That is probably why that Seahawks fan would prefer to play the Bears.

Also the fact that the Seahawks lost in Detroit (24-28) last year, but won in Chicago (23-17 in OT) could have something to do with it.

I agree with all that except that Stafford and the Lions are double the turnover machine the Bears and Cutler are. They have 31 turnovers this year through 14 games!

The Lions have also lost 4 of 5 and are not playing well at all. Atleast we are playing well offensively.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears dont have a shot to progress very far in the playoffs with their D. If you cant stop the run, its tough to get the ball back when youre down. Plus i think Sea would beat them up pretty good in Sea.

:suds: Here's to hoping we have that chance ( Playing in SEA.).
It would mean we won the div. & beat a pretty good wild card team.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all that except that Stafford and the Lions are double the turnover machine the Bears and Cutler are. They have 31 turnovers this year through 14 games!

The Lions have also lost 4 of 5 and are not playing well at all. Atleast we are playing well offensively.

That is true but I think the Lions defense creates more matchup problems for the Seahawks than the Bears. The Lions stop the run well, and they get good pressure up the middle (where the Seahawks oline problems are the worst)

Between the Lions and Bears I'm not sure who I would rather face.

The Seahawks have a great pass D but the idea of going up against Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery makes me worry more than going up against Calvin Johnson and Kris Durham. Richard Sherman shut down Calvin Johnson last year, whereas the Bears moved Brandon Marshall around and found him ways to get open up the middle and against Brandon Browner. Back then Marshall was all the Bears had at WR and he did a number on us. It worries me to think what they would do with Marshall and Jeffery.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh... Jay has only had two games since mid 2010 that he's thrown more than 2 INT's. His reputation for being an "INT machine" is really outdated, and you have to go back to his younger days to really make that argument.

Over the past three seasons (not including this year) Jay has thrown 37 INT's. That's an average of 12.3 INT's per year. Does he take gambles? Yes, but his reputation definitely supersedes reality in this instance.

All of the other reasons though, are fair game.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to take this show on the road to Seattle and get the Major upset!

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i ever say something stupid, I promise to eat my crow too.

Best way to eat it is grilled , some salsa wrapped in a tort. I've eaten plenty. Have plenty of brews or beverage of your liking on hand.:suds: