• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forte trade rumors?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were not nearly as bad as some of you think. We got real coaches now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of us were thinking YPC, which were pretty bad for Forte, a huge chunk of his 1900 yards came from receptions. Which is why some are saying, he's past his prime, this is a Forte problem.

I am not saying its a Forte problem, but we do know the line graded good, and we do know the system just abandoned the run. You never really see a back dominate all game. Wear down the defense then run it often in the second half. Cant really say what running backs we have since the offense abandoned the run by the end of the first half and played comeback thru the second usually.

Hence, we dont know who or what is the problem, so Forte wanting to talk another deal now is premature. I know the patriots have a Revis issue, due 25 million cap hit this year. Everyone knows he signed the two year just so the Pats had the chance to negotiate first, he was never gonna get the 25. Might sign a 3/30 deal instead. I dont think Forte is looking to help the team in that manner, think he wants about the same dollars not to give the team a break.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Your point is well taken about the "unknown" aspect of this due to the bears bailing on the running game too early in games (usually because they were mostly losing early). But it is also a patent fact that in 266 carries he had one run longer than 20 yards. One.

His average went down, his blocking declined. He's 29. The only running back older than him still at the top of his game is frank gore (31) and he is considered an aberration and even he is slowing down. It's not that unlikely that forte is on the end of his career trajectory just like almost every other running back. And he is one of the highest paid in the league.

I like the guy, he's been a great player, and maybe he bears do nothing. Maybe they ask him for a couple million bucks off. They do have some leverage since his dead money hit is small and it is highly unlikely he would make as much on the open market given his age.

So he's a little different than Revis. Everyone in the room knows the pAtriots won't keep him at that number, so it is simply a matter of agreeing to a price or separating. Forte is a little more of a gray area. Maybe nothing happens, but don't be shocked if it does.