• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forte trade rumors?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cubbz, I think you need to step away from the stats and actually watch the games bro. To even suggest that Carey could step in a fill Forte's shoes, let alone imply he could do BETTER is patently absurd.

Forte is by far our best player on the team. Not easily replaceable, and no, not all RB's are a dime a dozen. Some are a once in 30 years, if you're lucky.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is zero sense in trading him now. He will not garner a high enough pick to replace his current value.

It'd be one thing if we were talking a Herschel Walker-type trade to Minny, but those days are gone.

I would sign him for 3 more years and let him play out his career here.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
peppers did some drop backs with some blitz package
cubbz, I think you need to step away from the stats and actually watch the games bro. To even suggest that Carey could step in a fill Forte's shoes, let alone imply he could do BETTER is patently absurd.

Forte is by far our best player on the team. Not easily replaceable, and no, not all RB's are a dime a dozen. Some are a once in 30 years, if you're lucky.

I agree he is one of the best receiving backs in football. But we all know we need a running game and stats show the oline was good enough, it makes it seem like the back might be the issue. Matt has no issue as a receiver. Start in the back field, flank out, get a linebacker on him and beat him every time. Its the tough between the tackles runs that keeps the chains moving and its time to question if he has what it takes.

I dont know about three more years when Forte is gonna still want the 8-9 million if you are thinking of getting a tough back to take some of his carries.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there an accurate way to grade an o-line? With all the variables, you'd have to know every single detail and somehow factor that in. Like say, was it the right play call? Did the defense call the right play.

I didn't see the lanes for Matt this year. Not many were complaining the year before last, when the o-line stayed healthy and looked the best they had in years.

Forte is a top 5 back, and not just cuz he can catch.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agency kinda sucks.

I miss the old days, when ya bought a jersey for life.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
peppers did some drop backs with some blitz package

I agree he is one of the best receiving backs in football. But we all know we need a running game and stats show the oline was good enough, it makes it seem like the back might be the issue. Matt has no issue as a receiver. Start in the back field, flank out, get a linebacker on him and beat him every time. Its the tough between the tackles runs that keeps the chains moving and its time to question if he has what it takes.

I dont know about three more years when Forte is gonna still want the 8-9 million if you are thinking of getting a tough back to take some of his carries.

I tend to think its more the o-line than him....

But anyways,rb is not a need,qb and defense is.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Forte. Good player, good guy... but if you were to trade him- now would be the time.
The Oline and play calling sucked last year. He's been extremely durable which simply means he's got a lot of wear on those tires. It's just a matter of time before he blows one of them. (or slows down so much he can't get the edge and can't get up field) I don't think this happens next year- and he will probably be pretty good in 2016... but a RB with that many touches at 31 isn't going to get you anywhere.

They need a second back. Carey might be that guy, but I don't see it yet. They also HAVE TO USE HIM.

Also- ***CONTROVERSY ALERT*** The Bears have only made the playoffs ONCE in his 6 years. Is he a "playoff" running back? #Makingapoint

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt also tweeted this 4 days ago:
A lot of football left in me. I want to play them for the Chicago Bears and retire a lifelong Bear. But they have to want the same thing...

Is that a hint that maybe the Bears have mentioned something to him... or NOT as in... refusing to talk contract extension?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to think its more the o-line than him....

But anyways,rb is not a need,qb and defense is.

I think we all did, but when there is a post saying that scouts ranked bear OLine 7th or 8th, I just thought they are looking for more than we are.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt also tweeted this 4 days ago:
A lot of football left in me. I want to play them for the Chicago Bears and retire a lifelong Bear. But they have to want the same thing...

Is that a hint that maybe the Bears have mentioned something to him... or NOT as in... refusing to talk contract extension?

I dont think so, pretty sure this is how his last negotiations started, right up to when the threat of holding out started.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, not only on this forum, keep pointing out the O line graded out well in run blocking, but I keep thinking to myself, if this was the case why didn't Forte or Carey ( who put up obnoxious running stats in college) do better running the ball?

Say Forte has lost a step, he did show last year, that given an open field, and a football he still gained yardage. If the run blocking was there, why would someone who can gain yardage in the open field, not be able to gain yardage running near the line, if the D is blocked well? Also, if the O line was blocking well, where are the yards for Carey. I promise you, he can hit a hole and gain yards. I can hit a hole and gain yards if folks are blocked.

I understand PFF and others graded the players individually on the O line, and that they didn't appear to look bad, but all it really takes is 1 wiff per run to ruin a run play. 4 guys grade A, 1 D effort ruins the play (that still grades out a B). I don't know. I just know that I didn't see great blocking last season nor great runs.

I wouldn't trade Forte, even if you say now is the time, you wouldn't garner much for him, he's 30, lots of mileage, and RB's are devalued now. 1900 yards is still freaking 1900 NFL yards, that just can't be that easy to do.

:noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea:

C

cubzzzfanincali

Is there an accurate way to grade an o-line? With all the variables, you'd have to know every single detail and somehow factor that in. Like say, was it the right play call? Did the defense call the right play.

eh, any statistic for something like blo

I don't know that it's "patently absurd." How about "basically unknown"? Or "I think it's unlikely." Matt Forte has been a good back, but it's not like it is a physical impossibility for his shoes to be filled.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I didn't see the lanes for Matt this year. Not many were complaining the year before last, when the o-line stayed healthy and looked the best they had in years.

No doubt, any attempt to quantify blocking is going to be nothing better than a decent guess and nothing better. I do know that they evaluate every single play and make the grades on the basis of things like what the defense is doing. Does it cover everything? Of course not. Are there grades probably somewhat useful? Yeah. I don't think the Bears are a great, elite run blocking team, but I also don't think they weren't bad. I think the pass blocking was a lot worse.

I don't personally think Matt Forte in 2014 was even a top 10 back. 2013 and earlier, yep, he was Top 5, but I think he is starting to show the effects of age.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, not only on this forum, keep pointing out the O line graded out well in run blocking, but I keep thinking to myself, if this was the case why didn't Forte or Carey ( who put up obnoxious running stats in college) do better running the ball?

:noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea:

Do you think the offense abandoned the run too often last year?

I guess one can say that they didnt give it enough of a chance to reap rewards.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the offense abandoned the run too often last year?

I guess one can say that they didnt give it enough of a chance to reap rewards.

I think a lot of us were thinking YPC, which were pretty bad for Forte, a huge chunk of his 1900 yards came from receptions. Which is why some are saying, he's past his prime, this is a Forte problem.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte just listed his house for sale today. :(

(he has another house though)

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"uninteresed" Leo, this isn't a word, stop posting while having a drink or two. I seriously doubt he's looking for this grouping of letters...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Fox reach out to a former player (BU) and then trade away a lifelong Bear (MF) who clearly wants to retire a Bear. I don't want to kill the offense to repair the def. We got a killer offense don't break it up. Run it better and run the D better. Keep Forte. Keep BM.