• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

former cowboys rb Marion Barber retires

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
after seven years in the NFL, Marion Barber is hanging up his cleats.

Barber has decided to retire from the NFL, the Chicago Bears announced today.

“I want to thank everyone who helped me become a better player,” Barber told ChicagoBears.com. “I owe a lot to a lot of coaches, and am also very grateful to the owners and organizations I played for. Last but not least, I want to thank the fans for the support and inspiration they gave me.”

A 2005 fourth-round draft pick of the Cowboys, Barber was, at his best, an explosive and powerful runner with a nose for the end zone. In 2007 he carried 204 times for 975 yards and 10 touchdowns and was chosen to the Pro Bowl.

After six seasons with the Cowboys, Barber went to Chicago in 2011. His best statistical game came at Denver, when he carried 27 times for 108 yards and a touchdown and also caught two passes for 32 yards. Unfortunately, Barber’s final season will be best remembered for two crucial mistakes he made in that game: He lost a fumble on one play, ran out of bounds while the Bears were trying to run out the clock on another, and paved the way for Tim Tebow to engineer a comeback as the Broncos won 13-10 in overtime.

Barber finishes his career with 1,156 carries for 4,780 yards and 53 touchdowns.

Marion Barber retires | ProFootballTalk

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda feel like Lynch is gonna have a similar career. Such a hard running style doesn't make for longevity.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow. He is or now was one of my favorite players in the league to watch play. There was a point in time that I would have paid more money to watch him run the ball than anybody in the league EXCEPT for Adrian Peterson. For quite some time it was those two and then a large gap before the next guy.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he is giving up just because he hasnt been sticking with a team. Shame

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Brandon Jacobs, have anything you want to tell us now?

I think the wrong guy retired.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His body is in shambles and he must have been smart with the roughly $15M he's made since joining the league.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If I made even half a million dollars in the NFL I'd immediately retire. It aint worth the punishment you take IMO.

I have no problem with them making those millions of dollars because they earn every cent & pay for it the rest of their lives.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its amazing how short RB's careers are. If there is one position that should be compensated, its them.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised. One of most violent runners the last 7 years, IMO. His body must hurt.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If I made even half a million dollars in the NFL I'd immediately retire. It aint worth the punishment you take IMO.

I have no problem with them making those millions of dollars because they earn every cent & pay for it the rest of their lives.

I agree. Baseball players on the other hand..smh

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I agree. Baseball players on the other hand..smh

Baseball players pay for it with the shrinking of their balls & the growing of their forheads.

Worst ran sport in the United States. That's why I no longer follow baseball.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow. He is or now was one of my favorite players in the league to watch play. There was a point in time that I would have paid more money to watch him run the ball than anybody in the league EXCEPT for Adrian Peterson. For quite some time it was those two and then a large gap before the next guy.

I'm with you on that, I was a big fan of him. I was saying we should have went after him.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball players pay for it with the shrinking of their balls & the growing of their forheads.

Worst ran sport in the United States. That's why I no longer follow baseball.

Baseball is cleaning its act up you sound like the year 2000. Anyway are you saying NFL players don't roid/havent roided? I'd say the worst run sport is basketball, their marketing sucks, their chosen ones are assholes, the superstars get all the calls, and they whine about $ every few years and go on lockout.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Baseball is cleaning its act up you sound like the year 2000. Anyway are you saying NFL players don't roid/havent roided? I'd say the worst run sport is basketball, their marketing sucks, their chosen ones are assholes, the superstars get all the calls, and they whine about $ every few years and go on lockout.

2000? I don't know what Baseball is going to be like that far into the future!
intheyear2000.jpg

I'd still rank it, from worst to best ran major sports:

3. Baseball
2. Basketball
1. NFL

...Oh wait, I think imac mentioned one other major sport; I just can't remember what it is. :canada:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Depends on the position. I'll be grooming my sons to be the next Bryan Jennings in a few years. Career stability, longevity, and minimal contact.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Depends on the position. I'll be grooming my sons to be the next Bryan Jennings in a few years. Career stability, longevity, and minimal contact.

Good point. Long snapper, punter & kicker are the best jobs in the NFL. However, the logevity of the good ones makes it that much harder to break into the poistions.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Long snapper, punter & kicker are the best jobs in the NFL. However, the logevity of the good ones makes it that much harder to break into the poistions.

I wouldn't want to be a kicker. Hit a game winner, and the QB still wins SB MVP. Miss a game winner and you and your entire family get death threats from irrational fans for the rest of time.

Ping pong ace. That's where it's at. That shit is big time in China. That's what you should be teaching your sons.