• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forgotten in all of the Aftermath of the SB

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade-off is well worth it. Bottom line is, the hire itself is proof that the Niners still carry a good amount of cache in the league despite the ownerships attempts to scuttle the franchise.

Unfortunately, that hire is coupled with the GM hiring of Lynch, who has absolutely no experience at that position or scouting in general.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry because the Falcons replaced him with Steve Sarkisian. So we went from a guy who's play calling in the Super Bowl left you to believe he was drunk to a guy who actually will be drunk. So that's cool lol

Bama loses two OCs in the span of two months, lol.

I guess that frees up LaFleur to interview with the Rams to be McVay's OC (McVay is calling the plays, so it's more of an assistant OC position).

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave him and Lynch six year contracts I think......they aren't getting rid of him for at least 4-5 of those years unless they're COMPLETELY incompetent.

For better or worse they hitched their wagons to those two. They better be right.

They are paying 3 head coaches next year, pretty sure their incompetence is unquestionable. :)

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, that hire is coupled with the GM hiring of Lynch, who has absolutely no experience at that position or scouting in general.

Why is it unfortunate? What has Lynch screwed up? So far, he has hired Adam Peters from the Broncos - who is highly regarded around the NFL - for VP of player personnel. The 49ers are going the route of the Broncos and Elway, where Lynch is the figurehead and who will delegate power to those in the know. Lynch was the guy that Shanahan picked, and is highly regarded and not just because he's a great ex player, but because he has a firm grasp of the inner workings of the NFL.

Was he the first guy I wanted for GM? No. Am I still a skeptic? Yes. Most will automatically pigeon-hole him as Matt Millen because that's the lazy/easy thing to do, whereas I will wait and see what he actually does before I make any conclusions.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not calling him the next Matt Millen, I'm simply calling him completely inexperienced and unqualified for the job. Why not just hire Adam Peters as GM?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, Adam Peters was hired to run the scouting department. Lynch is delegating the major duties to those who are qualified. Given Peters' reputation around the league, why would he work with/for someone so 'unqualified' for the job? Because maybe....Lynch has qualities that NFL people like Peters recognizes and resonates around the NFL?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference between a team struggling to try and become an upper echelon team and one that is a step away from being the Raiders for a good decade (prior to last couple of years)....a cesspool that players/coaches/FO type people would avoid because of a terrible culture and reputation. That's what was worrisome.

Understood & I realize that they are a different set of circumstances. Just pointing out that things can change quickly in the NFL. Will they in this case? Who knows, but I would not write it off entirely until seeing how things go in the next few years. Raiders are a good comparison - they have been one of the worst until recently & if Carr had been healthy they likely could have given the Pats a run for their money.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood & I realize that they are a different set of circumstances. Just pointing out that things can change quickly in the NFL. Will they in this case? Who knows, but I would not write it off entirely until seeing how things go in the next few years. Raiders are a good comparison - they have been one of the worst until recently & if Carr had been healthy they likely could have given the Pats a run for their money.

Oh I understand.....I feel good about having Shanahan as HC, and most certainly at least interested in the partnership between him and Lynch. If it was a Doug Marrone type of guy, it would be a clear example of the 49ers at a 00's Raider/90's Bengals/80's Bucs kinda level....where players and coaches simply avoid going to.

That type of death sentence is hard to get out from.