• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For you A$$holes that are constantly bashing Phila

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually both love Ohio and would gladly move back, but their asshole significant others basically demand they stay in Philly because they can't cut the umbilical cord, so they have to settle for horrible commutes, an unjustified high cost of living, and driving around to 4 different places to buy alcohol, unfortunately.
Yeah, but the great Schools :noidea:

sidenote: I love the inclusion of the driving around to 4 different places to buy alcohol. I don't know what it means exactly but it's great that it is part of their decision on where to live :thumb:

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP - I like Philly. One of my favorite cities.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the great Schools :noidea:

sidenote: I love the inclusion of the driving around to 4 different places to buy alcohol. I don't know what it means exactly but it's great that it is part of their decision on where to live :thumb:
They don't sell alcohol at groceries store or gas stations. I remember the first time I went out there it took us over an hour because we wanted beer and whiskey and my friend's co-workers that were hanging out wanted us to get them wine. It's the dumbest shit I've ever had to do.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually both love Ohio and would gladly move back, but their asshole significant others basically demand they stay in Philly because they can't cut the umbilical cord, so they have to settle for horrible commutes, an unjustified high cost of living, and driving around to 4 different places to buy alcohol, unfortunately.
I thought they changed their idiotic alcohol rules recently.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't sell alcohol at groceries store or gas stations. I remember the first time I went out there it took us over an hour because we wanted beer and whiskey and my friend's co-workers that were hanging out wanted us to get them wine. It's the dumbest shit I've ever had to do.

Not any more. Grocery stores sell beer and wine now. You have to still go to a state store for the hard stuff though.

Reactions: gob

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not any more. Grocery stores sell beer and wine now. You have to still go to a state store for the hard stuff though.
I thought it was only certain places. Do they all sell it now?

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read it but I always take these as Fluff pieces and half the guys say the same crap. Actions speak louder than words. Honest question because I don't know if people are making this up or not. Did he really live in Jersey?
I have no idea where he lived. People that live directly across the river or within a 50 to 100 mile radius from center city Phila consider themselves as in the Phila area, and most are Phila fans. Most of the people that live in that radius either moved there from Phila or their parents made the move.
In the old days, just about every Flyer lived across the river in NJ.

Reactions: gob

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have had significant others if the Phila area is such a problem for them.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea where he lived. People that live directly across the river or within a 50 to 100 mile radius from center city Phila consider themselves as in the Phila area, and most are Phila fans. Most of the people that live in that radius either moved there from Phila or their parents made the move.
Yeah, it's still metro. How many of these athletes actually live IN the city they play in? Most live out in the burbs.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they changed their idiotic alcohol rules recently.
In Phila I think it is still Beer Distributors for beer needs, and State Stores for Alcohol. It is an outdated system, the state sells the alcohol, there has been attempts to break up that monopoly but it always seems to go away. If you go across the river to NJ you can get anything you want in 1 place.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what it says about Philly, but Southwest Jersey isn't exactly known for it's incredible Schools or quality of life...

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Phila I think it is still Beer Distributors for beer needs, and State Stores for Alcohol. It is an outdated system, the state sells the alcohol, there has been attempts to break up that monopoly but it always seems to go away. If you go across the river to NJ you can get anything you want in 1 place.
Our liquor and beer/wine are sold separately, but a lot of times it'll still be in the same building (grocery store), at least.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what it says about Philly, but Southwest Jersey isn't exactly known for it's incredible Schools or quality of life...
Really? Outside of the Camden School District, from what I have always been told, NJ has very good schools, that is why they pay so much in taxes.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have had significant others if the Phila area is such a problem for them.
Naturally, they're both just better people than their significant others.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure you read the article. He said he wants his daughter to call Philadelphia her hometown. He also mentions he loves the area, the organization, the city and the fans. I don't know how much more comprehensive he could have been.

OK - fair enough. He stated his daughter would call it her hometown since she was born there & had some other kind words.

Again - why do you care how others perceive Philly? I was born there but have no desire to live anywhere near there but so what. I have lived in various parts of the country & each of them have pros and cons. Folks also are going to value the area where they live & were raised more than any outsiders. Again - just enjoy it & your team & don't worry about the opinions of others.