• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For Those Of You That Want An 8-Team Playoff...

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... You practically get one this year.

Ohio State vs Wisconsin - Play in game (fight me)
Miami vs Clemson - Play in game
Auburn vs Georgia - Play in game
Oklahoma vs TCU - Play in game (if OU wins they are in, if TCU wins, Bama is in)

There are 7 teams that control their own destiny playing for 4 spots next weekend.

I.E. 8-team playoff. You're Welcome

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bama doesn't have to play-in? Seems about right if they made an 8-team playoff :L

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think OSU gets in with a win. One of their 2 losses was a blowout and the other was at home. Losing to Oklahoma is forgivable, but not both. If Ok wins, then bama gets in over OSU

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oklahoma vs TCU - Play in game (if OU wins they are in, if TCU wins, Bama is in)

There are 7 teams that control their own destiny playing for 4 spots next weekend.

UCF says hello.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Bama is in if OSU wins as well, but otherwise this is correct.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think OSU gets in with a win. One of their 2 losses was a blowout and the other was at home. Losing to Oklahoma is forgivable, but not both. If Ok wins, then bama gets in over OSU

Bama doesn't have a win over a ranked team and didn't win their conference.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoff format should simply include the Power 5 champs and three at-large teams.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama doesn't have a win over a ranked team and didn't win their conference.
Same amount of ranked win as Wisky...but definitely won't win their division...much less their conference. In fact, Bama is in the exact position tOSU was last year.

As far as ranked wins (right now), they look about the same as Wisky.

Bama beat #18 LSU
Wisky beat #22 Northwestern

Not a lot of meat on either bone right there.

Wisky has a zero in the loss column but hasn't played anyone near Auburn's quality.

But, Wisky gets to add to their resume with a much better ranked win if they beat tOSU. That will make quite a bit of difference.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the conference championships should be a bump for any team that wins them. A team that does not even make their conference championship should not be in the final 4 though.

I would say just rank the conference champions at the end of the year to avoid confusion.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the conference championships should be a bump for any team that wins them. A team that does not even make their conference championship should not be in the final 4 though.

I would say just rank the conference champions at the end of the year to avoid confusion.
I would support this.

Those teams that make their conference championship game are also taking the risk of another loss, player injuries, etc. When you think about it, it’s not really fair for a team to be in the playoffs after 12 games when the others have played 13.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same amount of ranked win as Wisky...but definitely won't win their division...much less their conference. In fact, Bama is in the exact position tOSU was last year.
No they're not. First off, OSU's loss was a close last second game that OSU had otherwise completely dominated. Auburn beat Bama by 2 scores and physically imposed their will on them.

Secondly, Bama's best win is going to be an LSU team that might be lucky to be 15th and that might (should) be their only ranked win. Ohio State had 3 top 10 wins and a 4th ranked win.

These situations are not comparable.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I actually don’t see how anyone could say that Alabama’s resume this season is comparable to Ohio State’s last season. And I’m on the record as believing that Penn State should have gotten the nod over OSU last year, anyway.

Bama got its ass beat yesterday, and it isn’t going to jump any one loss teams. It would only make it because others (Ohio State, Miami) have bad losses as well.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bama is in if OSU wins as well, but otherwise this is correct.

Why would 11-1 non conference champion Alabama with a loss to 2 loss Auburn get in over 12-1 non conference champion Wisconsin with a loss to 2 loss big ten champion Ohio State? Wisconsin and Alabama had nearly identical strength of schedules going into this week, and Wisconsin added an extra win. Wisconsin and Alabama are also similar on game control, and strength of records.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, Bama is in the exact position tOSU was last year.

I said last year I was okay with OSU being left out. OSU beat 3 teams Top 10 teams and won their last game. Not saying that it's Bama's fault but teams on their schedule have played badly and they lost their last game. But Alabama has history on it's side.

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would 11-1 non conference champion Alabama with a loss to 2 loss Auburn get in over 12-1 non conference champion Wisconsin with a loss to 2 loss big ten champion Ohio State? Wisconsin and Alabama had nearly identical strength of schedules going into this week, and Wisconsin added an extra win. Wisconsin and Alabama are also similar on game control, and strength of records.

Bama has been a charity case for years. Remember when they lost to LSU at home, didn’t play in the SEC CG and still got a rematch with LSU at home?

Although they’re in a slump presently Florida has is also an NCAA welfare queen.

I will NEVER understand not settling it on the field. And if I her Herbstreit mention the “eyeball” test again I might shot my TV.

And nods to UCF. That game against USF was historic. There’s no reason why they shouldn’t control their own destiny.