• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For Those Of You That Want An 8-Team Playoff...

sudokujesus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An 8 team playoff would just further dilute the regular season. There would be quite a few times when conference championship games would be rendered meaningless. The Iron Bowl in 2013 would have been pointless. Michigan/Ohio State a few years back when they met in a 1v2 game would have been meaningless.

And to make it even worse, the common idea thrown around where the power 5 conferences get an automatic bid is just awful. Do people not remember when UCLA played in the PAC-12 championship game when they finished their season with EIGHT losses (I think 2011)? Why on earth should a 7-6 team get a shot at the playoff? How about when Wisconsin did win the Big 10 with 6 losses? Automatic bid? Give me a break. I think Georgia Tech also played in the ACC title game one year after going 6-6.

If you want to ruin what makes college football great, then expand it to 8 teams and give conference champions an automatic bid, even when a conference doesn't warrant it (arguably, the PAC-12 would fall into that category this year). I, for one, would prefer to leave it as is.

Default2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An 8 team playoff would just further dilute the regular season. There would be quite a few times when conference championship games would be rendered meaningless. The Iron Bowl in 2013 would have been pointless. Michigan/Ohio State a few years back when they met in a 1v2 game would have been meaningless.

And to make it even worse, the common idea thrown around where the power 5 conferences get an automatic bid is just awful. Do people not remember when UCLA played in the PAC-12 championship game when they finished their season with EIGHT losses (I think 2011)? Why on earth should a 7-6 team get a shot at the playoff? How about when Wisconsin did win the Big 10 with 6 losses? Automatic bid? Give me a break. I think Georgia Tech also played in the ACC title game one year after going 6-6.

If you want to ruin what makes college football great, then expand it to 8 teams and give conference champions an automatic bid, even when a conference doesn't warrant it (arguably, the PAC-12 would fall into that category this year). I, for one, would prefer to leave it as is.
8 team playoff with P5 CC's in unless the committee votes them out (to stop your example or an 8-4 UCONN), so there would a minimum number of losses (2?) and the rest filled out with the other conferences or wildcards. I agree with DC...this year #8 might be able to win it all if given the chance.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... You practically get one this year.

Ohio State vs Wisconsin - Play in game (fight me)
Miami vs Clemson - Play in game
Auburn vs Georgia - Play in game
Oklahoma vs TCU - Play in game (if OU wins they are in, if TCU wins, Bama is in)

There are 7 teams that control their own destiny playing for 4 spots next weekend.

I.E. 8-team playoff. You're Welcome

Foul! You left out Alabama. :nono:

Kirby would never go for it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There would be quite a few times when conference championship games would be rendered meaningless.
Already are meaningless when a team who isn't good enough to win a title gets in over a team who does.

Kirby Bowl has one point - to make TV people $$$. Has really nothing to do w football and certainly nothing at all to do with crowning a real champion.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. I want more football.