• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For Las - The growth of JVR

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how anyone can say JVR has it in him???? He has done absolutly nothing in 5 years even in college he wasnt a star, why does everyone think he has "potential". He's played like 15 solid pro games in his entire 3 years here i just dont see it. And yes he is a huge pussy.

Because he was so dominant in the playoffs now if it was regular season I to wouldn't hold as much stock in his potential but playoffs....absolutely. Everyone knows that power forwards take more time to develop I'm not sure why peeps just don't get it. ie. John Leclair, Cam Neely, Johan Franzen, etc....do you want to be the guy who trades one of these guys away or do you sit and be patient with them? I give him next season to turn the corner and if not there will always be a team waiting to take a chance on him with a change of scenery.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he was so dominant in the playoffs now if it was regular season I to wouldn't hold as much stock in his potential but playoffs....absolutely. Everyone knows that power forwards take more time to develop I'm not sure why peeps just don't get it. ie. John Leclair, Cam Neely, Johan Franzen, etc....do you want to be the guy who trades one of these guys away or do you sit and be patient with them? I give him next season to turn the corner and if not there will always be a team waiting to take a chance on him with a change of scenery.

FFF i can name about 1,000 guys who never panned out so if you want to put together a list of guys who blossomed late i will put together a list of players who didnt. There is one thing you keep calling JVR a power forward and i dont understand why. Power forwards check players and stand in front and fight for their teamates and dig in the corners none of which JVR does and those guys you have in your list all score goals from in front and we certainly know JVR does not do that. So your theory of "power" forwards blossoming late goes down the drain Once again he has played 15 dominant games over the course of 3 years with 2 wasted years. Every player in the league has played 15 dominant games over the course of 3 years do they have all of this 40 goal potential also????

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
john leclair never fought...

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thouht LeClair and Alfreddson got in a bitch fight during the Flyers Sens brawl, I could be wrong though since there were so many fights in a span of 4 minutes I think.

thats the one fight i remember him getting in, and it was more of a hug fest to act like they were taking part of the brawl

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thouht LeClair and Alfreddson got in a bitch fight during the Flyers Sens brawl, I could be wrong though since there were so many fights in a span of 4 minutes I think.

lol...that game was not the norm. Almost every body fought in that game!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFF i can name about 1,000 guys who never panned out so if you want to put together a list of guys who blossomed late i will put together a list of players who didnt. There is one thing you keep calling JVR a power forward and i dont understand why. Power forwards check players and stand in front and fight for their teamates and dig in the corners none of which JVR does and those guys you have in your list all score goals from in front and we certainly know JVR does not do that. So your theory of "power" forwards blossoming late goes down the drain Once again he has played 15 dominant games over the course of 3 years with 2 wasted years. Every player in the league has played 15 dominant games over the course of 3 years do they have all of this 40 goal potential also????

I'm not guaranteeing that JVR pans out but its a fact that it takes these kids longer to find their game mainly because they come into the league so young that their bodies aren't fully developed yet. This is why guys like Doan, Iginla, Leclair, etc...usually take 3-4 years to become dominant. Guys like Kane produce right away which is frustrating but in the long run power forwards is the shit they simply can't be stopped which puts their value through the roof. This is why Homer's being patient he was only willing to trade him for a solid young dman which also has good value in the league but I don't think that he was too excited to move him to TO and its only because Prongers out. In any case once he's fully developed I expect him to do all of those things the question is would you rather him do it here or elsewhere? After all we're not talking about some FA signing or 6th rd pick here.....

Last edited by a moderator: