• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For Las - The growth of JVR

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i think now is as good a time as any to get him more playing time.. everyone is slumping, and he has it in him to be dominant, why not give him a shot at a top 6 slot for the next couple games, its not like anyone else is really deserving a spot right now anyway except for maybe simmonds

jvr.giroux.simmonds
hartnell.briere.jagr
read.schenn.voracek
rinaldo.couturier.talbot

maybe something gets sparked? but please put out a lineup and leave it like that for at least a full game.. dont do the mix and match all game, nobody gets in a rythm

love these lines a lot actually. simmonds deserves a shot on the top spot and you put briere and jvr in good spots to succeed and gain some confidence. even that third line is pretty dangerous. i don't like that couterier gets buried this deep but what are ya gonna do ya know.

that is why in the offseason i am for moving danny b. we thought by getting rid of richards and carter we would have cured the center logjam that we used to have but now its just as bad. which isnt exactly a bad thing but i dont think the flyers expected couterier to play this much this year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love these lines a lot actually. simmonds deserves a shot on the top spot and you put briere and jvr in good spots to succeed and gain some confidence. even that third line is pretty dangerous. i don't like that couterier gets buried this deep but what are ya gonna do ya know.

that is why in the offseason i am for moving danny b. we thought by getting rid of richards and carter we would have cured the center logjam that we used to have but now its just as bad. which isnt exactly a bad thing but i dont think the flyers expected couterier to play this much this year.

instead of moving briere i could see schenn moving to wing full time.. i think when all is said and done, next year our top 3 C's will be giroux, briere, couturier.. and i think schenn will be a top 6 winger.. i can just see him being a simmonds-type winger with a better shot.. which is kinda going to put us in a logjam at power-forward.. with hartnell, simmer, and schenn (and jvr if he figures it out)

but they'd still have a great deal of spead with voracek and read..

the flyers really are set up well if these guys keep improving and we can find some stability in net and on D

Last edited by a moderator:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so you are saying something like this

hartnell giroux jvr
simmonds briere jagr
schenn couterier voracek

...with read buried on the 4th line?

no matter how we look at it, one of our skill guys is going to be buried on the 4th line with the current line up. now if they were able to move briere...

hartnell giroux jagr
simmonds schenn jvr
read couteriere voracek
rinaldo talbot sestito

thats more like a growing youth movement

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually wouldn't mind briere being on the top line.. when roo was a rookie (i think it was), briere and roo had some sick chemistry.. hartsy has had great chemistry with both of them.. i'm going to vote for that line too actually

but i still want to see jvr in the top 6 for a couple weeks, just see what he's got.. i love his game when he plays his game (for las' sake, yes i know he's only done that for like 8 games in his 100+ game career)

jvr.schenn.jagr

could be good? get jagr to teach them things.. schenn can bring some net presence, jvr/jagr can carry the puck and shoot.. i'd be ok with that?

There is no fucking way in hell if I'm Lavy I would reward Briere for his crap ass play with 1st line minutes now. IMO he should be in the press box and not even on the ice if Sestito was healthy, then again I hate Briere with a passion.

He does need to get moved in the off-season to free up cap space and more ice time for our young guys, but I was saying to move him last year before Homer decided to ship both Richie and Carter out.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every one keeps forgetting how hard it actually will be to move Briere. He is one of the tougher contracts on the roster to move. High cap hit and a NMT = good luck moving him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no fucking way in hell if I'm Lavy I would reward Briere for his crap ass play with 1st line minutes now. IMO he should be in the press box and not even on the ice if Sestito was healthy, then again I hate Briere with a passion.

He does need to get moved in the off-season to free up cap space and more ice time for our young guys, but I was saying to move him last year before Homer decided to ship both Richie and Carter out.

we said the same thing about hartnell when he got put on the top line at the beginning of the season.....

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we said the same thing about hartnell when he got put on the top line at the beginning of the season.....

I did not say anything about Hartnell being moved other then he better get his ass to the front of the net if he's getting those minutes, which he did. Putting Briere there serves no purpose in my eyese.

Yes his contract will be hard to move. I'm actually hoping for the amnesty clause to go into effect in the next CBA and am praying that Homer looks at buying out Briere if Pronger will be able to go on LTIR next year, then buy him out the following season. There are plenty of teams who need C's though, Washington is dying for a 2nd line C and geographically it's not that far and Washington is a competitive team for the most part. He's also said numerous times he loved Buffalo, maybe sendinghim there could be an option and we could take back some salary in a guy like Regier. That's a topic for management to look into in the off season(even though I'm sure they won't).

God I hate him and his fucking contract.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not say anything about Hartnell being moved other then he better get his ass to the front of the net if he's getting those minutes, which he did. Putting Briere there serves no purpose in my eyese.

Yes his contract will be hard to move. I'm actually hoping for the amnesty clause to go into effect in the next CBA and am praying that Homer looks at buying out Briere if Pronger will be able to go on LTIR next year, then buy him out the following season. There are plenty of teams who need C's though, Washington is dying for a 2nd line C and geographically it's not that far and Washington is a competitive team for the most part. He's also said numerous times he loved Buffalo, maybe sendinghim there could be an option and we could take back some salary in a guy like Regier. That's a topic for management to look into in the off season(even though I'm sure they won't).

God I hate him and his fucking contract.

alright well i was livid when hartnell got put on the top line haha

briere's contract at this point really isn't that bad..

brad richards (.69 pts/game)
ilya kovalchuk (1.05)
paul stastny (.655)
alex semin (.695)
mikko koivu (.82)
ryan smyth (.635)
patrick elias (.951)
briere (.642)

are all guys that make right around what he does (obviously i took the ones that are questionable.. the sedins, zetterberg, datsyuk types were left off the list haha)

i'd take briere over most of the guys on my list though.. richards and kovalchuk id take, and elias.. 6.5 mil against the cap right now is about 10% of the cap.. that type of hit is the same as signing a 4 mil contract just 5 years ago.. 6.5 mil just isn't as big of a contract as it used to be, so its not as killer to have a guy making that much.. having eric staal at 8.2 til 2016 is a problem contract if he plays like he has this season

i'm not saying briere is worth the money, but his contract really isn't an enormous problem right now.. he's been around a 30 goal scorer since his last couple years in buffalo and is a little under a point/game player.. and its 6.5 mil for only 2 years, which in todays market would barely have gotten you ville leino based on the contract he did get (ended up with a lower rate for more years)

he's having a bad year, absolutely, 100%, watching him is painful.. but he is not such an albatross as needing to be bought out

if pronger can't be LTIR'd he's the contract that gets bought out.. if he can be, bryz is the one.. of course you could make the argument that bryz is having a bad year as well.. after those guys i might look at briere, but by then his contract will be up

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
bandit absolutely HATES briere haha.

unfortunately that doesnt help to see things logically that involve briere. we are all guilty of it. (las with JVR, me giving everyone a break) it is understandable for sure, i am with you about 80%, but i mean when you take a step back and look at briere objectively he isnt THAT BAD for this team. at least there are much worse contracts out there.

that aside, what briere apparently did to you/your kid/someones kid was inexcusable, but don't give yourself a heart attack over him man haha.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright well i was livid when hartnell got put on the top line haha

briere's contract at this point really isn't that bad..

brad richards (.69 pts/game)
ilya kovalchuk (1.05)
paul stastny (.655)
alex semin (.695)
mikko koivu (.82)
ryan smyth (.635)
patrick elias (.951)
briere (.642)

are all guys that make right around what he does (obviously i took the ones that are questionable.. the sedins, zetterberg, datsyuk types were left off the list haha)

i'd take briere over most of the guys on my list though.. richards and kovalchuk id take, and elias.. 6.5 mil against the cap right now is about 10% of the cap.. that type of hit is the same as signing a 4 mil contract just 5 years ago.. 6.5 mil just isn't as big of a contract as it used to be, so its not as killer to have a guy making that much.. having eric staal at 8.2 til 2016 is a problem contract if he plays like he has this season

i'm not saying briere is worth the money, but his contract really isn't an enormous problem right now.. he's been around a 30 goal scorer since his last couple years in buffalo and is a little under a point/game player.. and its 6.5 mil for only 2 years, which in todays market would barely have gotten you ville leino based on the contract he did get (ended up with a lower rate for more years)

he's having a bad year, absolutely, 100%, watching him is painful.. but he is not such an albatross as needing to be bought out

if pronger can't be LTIR'd he's the contract that gets bought out.. if he can be, bryz is the one.. of course you could make the argument that bryz is having a bad year as well.. after those guys i might look at briere, but by then his contract will be up

I don't know why I'm about to say this, but unless we can get a G like Price, Rinne or Schnieder(yes I drank the koolaid and think the kid will be great)I keep Bryz and give him another full season to rebound. He's been real solid lately and has made some big saves that I'm not sure Bob makes & I'm sure no other Flyers goalie in the past 10 years could make. He can be a difference maker for this team, and honestly franchise goalies don't grow on trees & we still have a log jam at C. We need D right now and that 6.5 might be enough to land Suter or could go toward 2 D-men. His contract may not be that bad when you look around the league, but honestly I want every other team to have those kind of contracts that cripple them, 10% of the cap is a fucking ton. The truth is he's under-sized and doesn't work hard every shift, that just hurts us, I hope I'm wrong and he starts contributing for the play-offs but I just don't see him growing a sack by then and manning up.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why I'm about to say this, but unless we can get a G like Price, Rinne or Schnieder(yes I drank the koolaid and think the kid will be great)I keep Bryz and give him another full season to rebound. He's been real solid lately and has made some big saves that I'm not sure Bob makes & I'm sure no other Flyers goalie in the past 10 years could make. He can be a difference maker for this team, and honestly franchise goalies don't grow on trees & we still have a log jam at C. We need D right now and that 6.5 might be enough to land Suter or could go toward 2 D-men. His contract may not be that bad when you look around the league, but honestly I want every other team to have those kind of contracts that cripple them, 10% of the cap is a fucking ton. The truth is he's under-sized and doesn't work hard every shift, that just hurts us, I hope I'm wrong and he starts contributing for the play-offs but I just don't see him growing a sack by then and manning up.

i think most teams do have a contract that cripples them..

flyers - briere
rangers - richards isn't a very good deal
devils - kovalchuk isn't that stellar for what he's done, though he's been better this year
pens - martin
isles - dipietro

caps - almost everyone right now, but OV at 9.something is ridiculous
carolina - staal
winnipeg - cant think of one off the top of my head, but they aren't big spenders
florida - see winnipeg
tampa - lecava(spell it yourself) is like a 7 mil hit and not worth it

boston - they won the cup for a reason
montreal - gomez
buffalo - leino, and i'm sure they'd say a few others
toronto - cant think of one
ottawa - cant think of one

i'm not as good at the west, but you get the idea.. of the competitive teams, everyone has one..

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking his foot sure doesn't help but in the end it may buy him another year in Philly to get his shit together. I just hope that he comes back strong for the playoffs and proves everyone wrong....I know he has it in him that's the sad part and he's no carter pussy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking his foot sure doesn't help but in the end it may buy him another year in Philly to get his shit together. I just hope that he comes back strong for the playoffs and proves everyone wrong....I know he has it in him that's the sad part and he's no carter pussy.

this.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how anyone can say JVR has it in him???? He has done absolutly nothing in 5 years even in college he wasnt a star, why does everyone think he has "potential". He's played like 15 solid pro games in his entire 3 years here i just dont see it. And yes he is a huge pussy.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how anyone can say JVR has it in him???? He has done absolutly nothing in 5 years even in college he wasnt a star, why does everyone think he has "potential". He's played like 15 solid pro games in his entire 3 years here i just dont see it. And yes he is a huge pussy.

because those 15 solid games he was dominant.. thats why people say he has it in him

we can shelf this argument though, gunna be a while before you can complain about him (similar to me and pronger haha)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because those 15 solid games he was dominant.. thats why people say he has it in him

we can shelf this argument though, gunna be a while before you can complain about him (similar to me and pronger haha)

Thank god now cooter can get the minutes on the top 2 lines and show what he can do.

PS Every one in the league has 15 dominant games over the course of 3 years.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god now cooter can get the minutes on the top 2 lines and show what he can do.

PS Every one in the league has 15 dominant games over the course of 3 years.

i will be getting the last word in this conversation. :hockeysmile:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:eyebrows: