• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For anyone that cares...

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick little breakdown on the Suns and why they've been so successful this year:

First off, I know hardly any of you that aren't Suns fans yourself have actually watched the Suns play multiple times this year... if you have, then kudos to you. Just thought I'd do this since ESPN and other major networks suck at covering us.

We are 17-10 and the 5th seed in the West, btw. Would be the third seed in the East.

1. Jeff Hornacek- Huge reason to our turnaround, obviously. If we keep this up then he has to be COY, no doubt. (With all due respect to Stotts) We were pegged to finish with the first or second worst record in the NBA by most "experts" and looked like a 20 team win at best at the start of the season. Hornacek has maximized the potential of this team by his style of play and had them believing and buying into the system from day 1. Not even the blindest Suns homer saw this coming.

2. The "DragonBlade" or "Slash Brothers" or whatever you wanna call them. Dragic and Bledsoe have tremendous chemistry and cause nightmare matchups for opposing backcourts. They have both been extremely consistent and are playing like all-stars right now. Bledsoe for Jared Dudley? Man did we strike gold with that trade. Two underrated guards, imo.

3. Unexpected contributers- Miles Plumlee, Gerald Green and Channing Frye. I'll start with Plumlee... he can straight up FLY. He has had some filthy dunks and blocked shots that you need to see. Wish I could post a highlight video from his best plays this year for you to see, but this kid is going to be good. Only getting better offensively and can rebound and block shots at will. At first I was skeptical, but after seeing him demolish Cousins and many others head to head I became a believer.

Green is one of the best 3 point shooters in the league this year and also has unreal leaping ability. He's a perfect guy to bring off the bench because of his ability to drop 20 on any given night. I honestly never knew he was this good of a shooter before coming to PHX. Just thought he was some dude with unreal bounce.

Frye, coming back from missing an entire year, has gotten better as each game has gone by and looks better than he was before his heart problems. I really didn't expect much from him this year to be honest.

4. Depth? When Phoenix shipped off Scola, Gortat, Beasley, and co. many expected PHX to have a pretty shallow depth chart. That hasn't been the case. Morris twins are killing it, and Green off the bench has also been a luxury with how well he's played. Those three and Archie Goodwin consist of their 9 man rotation that is very interchangeable due to the ability of those players to play multiple positions. Alex Len hasn't been healthy at all this year... once he returns I'm hoping he'll develop.

This team is hungry and motivated.... I was very skeptical about them for the longest time, but they've proven to be a legit playoff contender. Even if they don't make it this year, I'm loving the direction this franchise is headed. Potentially 4 first rounders this year and 2 the following year as well? WOOO

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick little breakdown on the Suns and why they've been so successful this year:

First off, I know hardly any of you that aren't Suns fans yourself have actually watched the Suns play multiple times this year... if you have, then kudos to you. Just thought I'd do this since ESPN and other major networks suck at covering us.

We are 17-10 and the 5th seed in the West, btw. Would be the third seed in the East.

1. Jeff Hornacek- Huge reason to our turnaround, obviously. If we keep this up then he has to be COY, no doubt. (With all due respect to Stotts) We were pegged to finish with the first or second worst record in the NBA by most "experts" and looked like a 20 team win at best at the start of the season. Hornacek has maximized the potential of this team by his style of play and had them believing and buying into the system from day 1. Not even the blindest Suns homer saw this coming.

2. The "DragonBlade" or "Slash Brothers" or whatever you wanna call them. Dragic and Bledsoe have tremendous chemistry and cause nightmare matchups for opposing backcourts. They have both been extremely consistent and are playing like all-stars right now. Bledsoe for Jared Dudley? Man did we strike gold with that trade. Two underrated guards, imo.

3. Unexpected contributers- Miles Plumlee, Gerald Green and Channing Frye. I'll start with Plumlee... he can straight up FLY. He has had some filthy dunks and blocked shots that you need to see. Wish I could post a highlight video from his best plays this year for you to see, but this kid is going to be good. Only getting better offensively and can rebound and block shots at will. At first I was skeptical, but after seeing him demolish Cousins and many others head to head I became a believer.

Green is one of the best 3 point shooters in the league this year and also has unreal leaping ability. He's a perfect guy to bring off the bench because of his ability to drop 20 on any given night. I honestly never knew he was this good of a shooter before coming to PHX. Just thought he was some dude with unreal bounce.

Frye, coming back from missing an entire year, has gotten better as each game has gone by and looks better than he was before his heart problems. I really didn't expect much from him this year to be honest.

4. Depth? When Phoenix shipped off Scola, Gortat, Beasley, and co. many expected PHX to have a pretty shallow depth chart. That hasn't been the case. Morris twins are killing it, and Green off the bench has also been a luxury with how well he's played. Those three and Archie Goodwin consist of their 9 man rotation that is very interchangeable due to the ability of those players to play multiple positions. Alex Len hasn't been healthy at all this year... once he returns I'm hoping he'll develop.

This team is hungry and motivated.... I was very skeptical about them for the longest time, but they've proven to be a legit playoff contender. Even if they don't make it this year, I'm loving the direction this franchise is headed. Potentially 4 first rounders this year and 2 the following year as well? WOOO

Now I don't like the NBA or follow the suns, but verry good break down. +1:10:and another +1 for being a WILDCAT.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

excellent recap! Green killed it against LA and Marcus! Who would have thunk Marcus? not me.
Getting the "flopper" out of this lineup was key. He slowed us down. Bottom line we have JH and "mac' taking care of business at the front office. Reminds me of the Jerry C days.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when we get the insider info from people who really follow the teams. Great post OP

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wasted your time typing all that. Everyone knows the Suns are winning because before each game, the Morris brothers hold up their rings and yell "WONDER TWIN POWERS ACTIVATE!"

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is sad, AZ fans setting themselves up for more heartbreak.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is sad, AZ fans setting themselves up for more heartbreak.

Heartbreak? Nah. I have absolutely zero expectations for this team... I just like the direction they're heading in right now. Can't say the same for the Lakers.