• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football is being played this year! (2020 CFB thread)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 6 recap (Part 2- The SEC)

Once again, the SEC gave us a LOT to talk about.

First, we got LSU confirming that their current defense is the worst that they've ever had after Missouri torched them. Granted, LSU had to play in Missouri because of Hurricane Delta, but there is no excuse for that s--t defense.
Later on, we saw Mississippi State clearly sad about seeing LSU's defense being s--t as they played like s--t against Kentucky.

Elsewhere, we saw Alabama and Georgia face stiff competition (Ole Miss and Tennessee, respectfully), but they both survived. So grab your favorite brand of wings; Bama/Georgia is ON for next week!
Florida vs. Texas A&M - Game Summary - October 10, 2020 - ESPN And finally, Jimbo Fisher gets the Top-5 win he has been jonsing for at College Station by beating Florida.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and as for that Arkansas/Auburn game? Who do we blame for Arkansas's loss? The referees for hosing them, or the Razorbacks for not being quick enough to go after that fumble and instead watch it become a grounded ball? What do YOU think?

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sun Belt had a FUN time over the last 2 days, and it gave us some good and bad news. The good news was, Arkansas State and Georgia State gave us a shootout yesterday (that Ark. State won).

Coastal Carolina vs. Louisiana - Game Summary - October 14, 2020 - ESPN But the bad news was in this game, as Louisiana-Lafayette lost their national ranking to Coastal Carolina.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7 recap

To start this week's recap, I'll confirm that karma did indeed pay back North Carolina, and they indeed lost to Florida State. UNC was just not meant to be a Top-5 team. Also in the ACC, we had Notre Dame escaping Louisville, Miami defeating Pitt, and Wake Forest and NC State both winning at home.

In the SEC, Alabama is fine (Damn). Texas A&M is fine. Everyone else in the conference (including Arkansas!) is 2-2 right now.

Finally, UMass decides to join us this season, Marshall and Liberty are still unbeaten, Houston and BYU won close games on Friday, and Virginia Tech looked pretty good again.

UCF vs. Memphis - Game Summary - October 17, 2020 - ESPN Oh, and hats off to Memphis as they won the best game of the week over UCF!

(A short recap, I know. Don't worry, folks. With the Big 10 starting next week, things will get more interesting. Trust me.)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for me to analyze this week's games and see what's up. Yes, it's the return of the supposedly weekly thing called...

The Top Games of College Football (Week 8)
(All times are Eastern)
7. Utah State @ Boise State [7:00, FOX Sports 1] (The Mountain West is gonna join us this year after all! That means we now have our first chance to see Boise State in action, and they'll be hosting Utah State to kick it off. Just one question: What are their new linemen gonna do?)

6. Georgia Southern @ Coastal Carolina [12:00, ESPNU] (As I mentioned in my last post, the Sun Belt has had a great run so far in 2020. And it's about to get a new wrinkle, as the Chanticleers will play their first game EVER as a ranked team. Awaiting them is a Georgia Southern team with only 1 loss on the year and their usual proud running game. Good luck, CCU!)

5. Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh [3:30, ABC] (People are wondering about Notre Dame after that close call against Louisville last week. Now they go and visit Pittsburgh to keep their dream of winning their first and only ACC title. Oh, and Pitt is REALLY hoping that Kenny Pickett is ready to return as their starting QB; the Panthers have now lost 3 in a row without him.)

4. NC State @ North Carolina [12:00, ESPN] (Just two ranked opponents, ready to duke it out in a in-state rivalry game. What more do you need? ...Although I would LOVE to see the fightback from UNC after they lost their Top 5 ranking last week in that Florida State game.)

3. Iowa State @ Oklahoma State [3:30, FOX] (In another battle of ranked teams, we got Iowa State looking to win at Stillwater against the Cowboys. OK State's defense has been pretty good on paper, but remember: This is the first time in 3 weeks that we're gonna see them in action. Will ring rust be a problem?)

2. Michigan @ Minnesota [7:30, ABC] (As EVERYONE now knows, this is the week the Big 10 will finally join us. And in their first week back, we'll see such beauties as Illinois @ Wisconsin and Nebraska @ Ohio State.
And then we'll have the "Little Brown Jug" rivalry game on prime-time. That's not ideal for Jim Harbaugh, who's STILL trying to get Michigan's mojo back. Even less ideal is the fact that Minnesota is off maybe it's best season ever, and they're hungry for more riches. Will Joe Milton be the QB to save Jim's @$$?)

1. Cincinnati @ SMU [9:00, ESPN2] (Hey! The "Group of Five" gets a main event spot on my countdown! And for good reason; it's a Cincinnati team in the Top 10 taking on a SMU team that's 5-0, and it's in Dallas. Trouble is, Cincinnati is in the same boat as OK State; this is the first time in 3 weeks that they'll play a game. Are they doomed to tumble here?)

My prediction segment is coming up!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8 Predictions

Now it's time for another big segment to come back: My predictions! Here's what I think will happen on this week in college football:

Syracuse 10 @ (1)Clemson 49
(2)Alabama 42
@ Tennessee 14
(3)Notre Dame 28 @ Pittsburgh 21
Nebraska 17 @ (5)Ohio State 31
(17)Iowa State 37
@ (6)Oklahoma State 34
(8)Penn State 35 @ Indiana 17
(9)Cincinnati 27 @ (16)SMU 35
Virginia 14 @ (11)Miami 27
Texas State 7 @ (12)BYU 48
Illinois 14 @ (T-14)Wisconsin 28
(23)NC State 21 @ (T-14)North Carolina 31
(18)Michigan 21
@ (21)Minnesota 20
(19)Virginia Tech 30 @ Wake Forest 28
Kansas 12 @ (20)Kansas State 31
Florida Atlantic 19 @ (22)Marshall 21
Georgia Southern 27
@ (25)Coastal Carolina 24

Other big games:
UL-Lafayette 35
@ UAB 27
Oklahoma 40 @ TCU 35
Baylor 24 @ Texas 31
South Carolina 22 @ LSU 24
Utah State 15 @ Boise State 21

...and I'm done! Hopefully we'll get some activity on this thread shortly, so enjoy this week's slate!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got some bets in the betting exchange.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8 recap (Part 1- Big 12, AAC, and Big 10)

To start this week's recap, we go to the Big 12. Oklahoma and Kansas State looked great in wins, while Texas didn't look AS good but still won anyway. And despite a 2-week layoff, Oklahoma State won over Iowa State.

In the AAC, Cincinnati was in the same boat as OK State, but still won anyway. Temple, Houston, and Tulsa also won.

And in the Big 10, Greg Schiano shocked everyone when he got Rutgers their first conference win in 3 years on his first day back. We also had Michigan impressing my mom on late-night, Purdue winning against Iowa, and Northwestern already looking WAY better than they did in 2019.

Penn State vs. Indiana - Game Summary - October 24, 2020 - ESPN And there was the game of the week, where Devyn Ford screwed over his own team by not simply running out the clock. Or was it the officials screwing over Penn State with that call on the 2-point play? Or was it Indiana simply outhustling the Nittany Lions? ...Hmmm, what do YOU guys think?

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8 recap (Part 2- Everyone else)

Now let's see what everyone else did yesterday:

ACC: Clemson and Notre Dame held firm, while Virginia Tech stumbled at Wake Forest. Oh, and is anyone looking at Boston College? They're 4-2 right now.

Conference USA: They may have suffered a double-OT loss to Middle Tennessee, but at Rice has joined us this season. Also, Marshall is still good and UTSA won over La-Tech 27-26.

Mountain West: Also joining us this week was the Mountain West. And San Jose State, Boise State, San Diego State, Nevada, and Boise State were the early winners here.

SEC: Not much of interest. Auburn and LSU won their games, but that's about it. Oh, and people are starting to worry about Tennessee again.

And finally, Coastal Carolina won their first-ever game as a ranked team (28-14 over Georgia Southern)! Things in the Sun Belt continues to be cheerful!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to tear you guys away from your Halloween (or Election Day) plans to give you...

The Top Games of College Football 2020 (Week 9)
(All times are Eastern)
7. Arkansas @ Texas A&M [7:30, SEC Network] (Arkansas has actually been OK so far this season. But ESPN is now calling it a full-fledged turnaround? Let's hit the brakes for a moment there, ESPN, and see what happens when the Razorbacks visits College Station to take on a conference rival.)

6. Michigan State @ Michigan [12:00, FOX] (Michigan State looked bad in their loss to Rutgers, while Michigan is giddy after their QB Joe Milton led them to a win at Minnesota. But it's only been 1 game in this Big 10 season; let's see what happens when these 2 rivals duke it out once again.)

5. Indiana @ Rutgers [3:30, Big 10 Network] (Apologies to MSU/Michigan, but this looks like the bigger game to me. Both the Hoosiers and the Scarlet Knights will duke it out to prove they're not "one-week wonders" after stunning wins last week. Which one will stumble first?)

4. Memphis @ Cincinnati [12:00, ESPN] (Hmm... Cincinnati is getting closer to the Top 4 with every week that goes by. Let's see if the Bearcats can keep going as they face an always-tough Memphis team.)

3. Boston College @ Clemson [12:00, ABC] (Just a simple ACC Atlantic contest, as Boston College is the next team up to try to stop the Clemson killing machine. But what's this about Trevor Lawrence planning to leave the New York Jets at the alter in next year's NFL Draft? Will it play into this game at all?)

2. Texas @ Oklahoma State [4:00, FOX] (Speaking of outside noise surrounding a program, I just found out that the Texas Longhorns just lost one of their most prized recruits as QB Quinn Ewers has decommitted from the school. That's not a very good look for a program that already has been having a tumultuous season. If they can't stop a high-flying Oklahoma State program this Halloween, things MAY get worse in Austin.)

1. Ohio State @ Penn State [7:30, ABC] (Lost in all of the chaos of the Penn State/Indiana finish was the fact that Penn State looked good in the 2nd half after shaking off their ring rust. Now that they're back home, it's time for them to put their offense to the test as they face a [once again] strong Ohio State team. But as for that Penn State defense? Let's just hope they do a better job than they did last week...)

My prediction segment is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 9 predictions

In unranked games, I actually went 5-0 last week! As for the Top 25... Yeah, whiffing on SMU and Iowa State didn't make me look so good. But let's try again with this week's picks:

Boston College 14 @ (1)Clemson 38
Mississippi State 10 @ (2)Alabama 49
(3)Ohio State 39
@ (18)Penn State 31
(4)Notre Dame 34 @ Georgia Tech 7
(5)Georgia 47 @ Kentucky 17
Texas 27 @ (6)Oklahoma State 38
Memphis 28 @ (7)Cincinnati 35
Arkansas 24 @ (8)Texas A&M 27
Missouri 15 @ (10)Florida 28
Western Kentucky 14 @ (11)BYU 47
Michigan State 21 @ (13)Michigan 28
(15)North Carolina 44
@ Virginia 17
(16)Kansas State 31 @ West Virginia 37
(17)Indiana 42
@ Rutgers 20
(20)Coastal Carolina 31 @ Georgia State 20
Navy 30 @ (22)SMU 27
(23)Iowa State 40 @ Kansas 13
(24)Oklahoma 45 @ Texas Tech 41
(25)Boise State 37 @ Air Force 17

Other big games:
LSU 20 @ Auburn 27
Northwestern 28
@ Iowa 21

My time's up. You've been great. Enjoy "Scream and Scream Again".

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 9 recap (Part 2- The Top 25)

Nobody else from the Top 10 lost yesterday (although COVID-19 tried to bone Clemson before they dug up D.J. Uiagalelei to save them against Boston College), so let's focus on the other Top 25 teams that lost yesterday:

Michigan State over (13)Michigan- My mother is not pleased with this result.
Virginia over (15)North Carolina- She's not happy with this result, either. It looks like recent trends helped Virginia out immensely here.
West Virginia over (16)Kansas State- I know I predicted this upset, but SHEESH! K-State barely showed up for this one.

...and that's about it for that side. Yep, not even Coastal Carolina nor Indiana blew it yesterday!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 9 recap (Part 3- The other stuff)

And finally, here are some other key notes from Week 9:

In the Big 10, Purdue defeated a depleted Illinois team while Pat Fitzgerald got his 100th win as Northwestern coach.

In the Mountain West, San Diego State and Nevada both won on the road. And San Jose State is 2-0 right alongside them.

In Conference USA, Rice won it's 1st game, while UAB lost in double-OT to Louisiana Tech.

LSU vs. Auburn - Box Score - October 31, 2020 - ESPN And finally, we get this stunning result from the SEC. This is no longer just a "championship hangover" for LSU. Now I think they need full-blown rehab.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 10- Top 10 Games

Well, whattaya you know? With all of the conferences now joining us, I now have enough material to do a full countdown. Yep, it's time for...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2020 (Week 10)

(All times are Eastern)
10. San Jose State @ San Diego State [9:00 Friday, CBS Sports Network] (Just a simple rivalry game in the Mountain West, as both the Aztecs and the Spartans shoot for a 3-0 start.)

9. Oklahoma State @ Kansas State [4:00, FOX] (Beating out West Virginia @ Texas for the #9 spot is this contest. That's because Kansas State [to WVU] and OK State [to Texas] just lost their first Big 12 games last week, and they both are hoping for a quick recovery.)

8. Stanford @ Oregon [7:30, ABC] (So the last straggler has come out of the cold, and is ready to play some ball, eh? The PAC-12 has 2 games that I'm interested in [I'll get to the 2nd one later], but here's the first one. I'm willing to bet that ESPN is [silently] hoping that the PAC-12 gets a team into the playoff, and it's time to see if Oregon will be the one. It's the new-look Ducks vs. a Stanford team looking to recapture the magic of past years.)

7. Miami @ NC State [7:30 tomorrow, ESPN] (Just a simple ACC contest here as Miami visits a NC State team that can run the football. Although I would personally like to see Miami win this so they can stay in the ACC race.)

6. Liberty @ Virginia Tech [12:00, ACC Network] (The Liberty Flames are now REALLY having a ball in their new home in the FBS. In only their 3rd year, they're 6-0 and holding their first-ever Top 25 ranking. But now it's time to see how good these kids REALLY are, as they're a 14.5 point underdog in Blacksburg. Is Liberty QB Malik Willis ready for the challenge of his life?)

5. Michigan @ Indiana [12:00, FOX Sports 1] (...Look. Everyone in Ann Arbor knows about the disaster that Michigan went through last week. And now everyone is questioning Jim Harbaugh's leadership skills as Michigan goes to visit a Indiana team that wants to prove it's critics wrong again. If Indiana wins this big game, OH are the Michigan faithful gonna be upset.)

4. Arizona State @ USC [12:00, FOX] (Huh... an early morning kick-off for both teams. Anyway, here's the biggest game of the PAC-12 restart going on this weekend. It's a Southern Cal team we're all rooting for hosting an Arizona State team that... I predicted to win the conference in the summer?! Man, this is gonna be awkward for me when I meet the loser of this game.)

3. BYU @ Boise State [9:45 Friday, FOX Sports 1] (Why is this game up so high on my list? Blame it on BYU, who's currently carrying their first Top-10 ranking since 2009 [I think]. Yet they haven't beaten ANYBODY noteworthy. And at the moment, Boise State is the toughest team left on their schedule. If BYU loses in Boise, it'll be a relief for the playoff committee. But if they win...)

2. Florida vs. Georgia {From Jacksonville, FL} [3:30, CBS] (Once again, you don't need a fancy setup for the Georgia/Florida game. It's two Top-10 teams fighting it out, and that's it.)

1. Clemson @ Notre Dame [7:30, NBC] (It's Notre Dame's ultimate test of legitimacy! Are they strong enough to stop Clemson and be a playoff contender? ...Actually, this will be Clemson's big legitimacy test, too [D.J. Uiagalelei is subbing in for Trevor Lawrence again]! Hopefully they'll have a better start than they had against Boston College last week...)

My prediction segment is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 10 Predictions

Let me just give you my predictions now, so that you guys can get back to your election crap sooner:

(1)Clemson 27 @ (4)Notre Dame 31
Rutgers 13 @ (3)Ohio State 50
(5)Georgia 26
vs. (8)Florida 24
Houston 21 @ (6)Cincinnati 47
(7)Texas A&M 39
@ South Carolina 24
(9)BYU 30 @ (21)Boise State 37
(11)Miami 34
@ NC State 24
Stanford 17 @ (12)Oregon 21
(23)Michigan 17 @ (13)Indiana 31
(14)Oklahoma State 45
@ Kansas State 30
South Alabama 19 @ (15)Coastal Carolina 34
UMass 10 @ (16)Marshall 52
Baylor 32 @ (17)Iowa State 35
(18)SMU 47
@ Temple 16
Kansas 7 @ (19)Oklahoma 48
Arizona State 27
@ (20)USC 24
West Virginia 41 @ (22)Texas 35
(25)Liberty 20 @ Virginia Tech 30

Other big games:

Ohio 13 @ Central Michigan 17
Minnesota 30
@ Illinois 14
UCLA 24 @ Colorado 21

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 10 Recap (Part 1- The early action)

Earlier this week, we got the kickoff of the MAC season, with Central Michigan and Kent State among the early winners. Then we saw Miami outshoot NC State, and San Jose State going to 3-0 on the year.

BYU vs. Boise State - Game Summary - November 6, 2020 - ESPN But then we got this stunning result.
Now we got a problem! The playoff committee has a major proportional problem here!