• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fools Gold

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fools Gold!!! I've been saying it all week. I just don't see the Rams taking the next step. Until we get our Offensive issues solved we're not going to get past the .500 threshold.

At this point I think Fisher has to be thinking of making a change at QB. Foles just is not getting it done. From the very first play of the game his misses reads and wide open targets. Hell, he even didn't target Britt whom had his defender beat by 10 yards. Funny thing is Britt was supposed to be his first read and he had plenty of time to throw the ball. Don't get me wrong I like Foles and I like his passion but he just isn't the guy that's going to take this team to the playoffs.

Today was a very disappointing loss for me. The defense played another good game (besides the penalties) and gave the offense plenty of opportunities to score points. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's not another .500 season or below and the Rams figure out their issues on offense.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fools Gold!!! I've been saying it all week. I just don't see the Rams taking the next step. Until we get our Offensive issues solved we're not going to get past the .500 threshold.

At this point I think Fisher has to be thinking of making a change at QB. Foles just is not getting it done. From the very first play of the game his misses reads and wide open targets. Hell, he even didn't target Britt whom had his defender beat by 10 yards. Funny thing is Britt was supposed to be his first read and he had plenty of time to throw the ball. Don't get me wrong I like Foles and I like his passion but he just isn't the guy that's going to take this team to the playoffs.

Today was a very disappointing loss for me. The defense played another good game (besides the penalties) and gave the offense plenty of opportunities to score points. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's not another .500 season or below and the Rams figure out their issues on offense.

A change at QB? to who? You REALLY think this is on the QB and not the OL who can't protect him for more than 1.5 seconds? If you're going to blame ANYONE on the O besides the OL, it has to be Cook(as usual)who dropped a few very easy passes and can't block worth a damn...Our Offensive line has been offensive(no pun intended, just truth)

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't blame jac for wanting a chance. given my small sample size of the 1st quarter (i had to leave for work) Foles overthrew several passes that could have move the chains.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A change at QB? to who? You REALLY think this is on the QB and not the OL who can't protect him for more than 1.5 seconds? If you're going to blame ANYONE on the O besides the OL, it has to be Cook(as usual)who dropped a few very easy passes and can't block worth a damn...Our Offensive line has been offensive(no pun intended, just truth)

This article sums up exactly how I feel.

http://www.rams-news.com/hochman-foles-looks-like-weak-link-pd/

“I was telling the boys — ‘Are they serious, do they really want to give us the ball?’” recalled Rams receiver Kenny Britt, in what surely sounded like loquacious squawking.

But they were serious — the Vikings dared Nick Foles to try to beat them with a touchdown ... and Nick Foles responded like Nick Foles.

Yup, the Rams signed a guy to be a franchise quarterback, and Rams opponents want him to have the ball in overtime.

Even an overtime win Sunday wouldn’t have masked the overall issue — Foles is flimsy and fallible, and the Rams’ offense has been reduced to surviving with him at the helm.

“I put a lot on myself, and I just have to keep playing better and growing as a quarterback,” he said after going three-and-out in overtime, as his Rams then lost, 21-18, on an ensuing field goal. “We have to get touchdowns, especially on the road. We have to get touchdowns and get in the red zone.”

Ugh, it’s hard to hear that the franchise quarterback, who’s paid as such, needs to continue to grow. But on Sunday, the Rams entered their biggest game since 2006 — they were in the playoff picture, but it appeared they didn’t have a playoff quarterback.

Maybe it’s on the receivers, too. And the offensive line. But Foles infuriates with ill-timed passes and floppy floaters toward St. Paul. From the very first play of the game, when the quarterback missed a preposterously wide-open Britt, Foles didn’t seem all there.

And later, it appeared that even coach Jeff Fisher lacked confidence in Foles.

Down 18-15 late in the fourth, Todd Gurley galloped down field, unleashing a trio of tributes, if you will, to the angry rushing style of Adrian Peterson. The Rams were barely within field goal range. After two more run plays, they faced a third-and-11 play, but Fisher had Foles hand it off to Gurley, setting up a field goal attempt. Somewhere, even Donald Trump was thinking: Man, now that’s conservative.

Of the third-down call, Fisher said: “Big picture, we felt fairly confident that defensively we’d get the ball back and have a chance to win in regulation. And then we missed the kick.”

Greg Zuerlein redeemed himself with a field goal in the final ticks, sending it to overtime.

But then came the game-changing coin toss.

Now, heading into Sunday’s game, the mind wandered.

If the Rams win, they’re 5-3. ...

And five of their final eight games are against teams with losing records. ...

Could the Rams make the playoffs? ...

Could the Rams, just so dominant since the Gurley emergence, actually go to the Super Bowl? All you have to do is get in the tournament. ...

Could the NFL owners then have the audacity to allow a Super Bowl team to move to another city?

OK, OK, let’s reel it back in.

The Rams are now 4-4.

And the onus is on Foles to change games with his arm, and not just get through them by not messing up too badly. It’s not working the way it is. He can compliment Gurley, but he must also complement Gurley.

On Sunday, Foles finished 18 for 33 for 168 yards, 55 of those from one deep connection to Britt, which led to the Rams’ lone touchdown. The Rams converted just two third downs, on 16 tries.

Two third downs.

And in the second half as a whole, the Rams only garnered six total first downs.

The Vikings loaded the box on Gurley. The Vikings started sniffing out the handoff to receiver Tavon Austin. The Vikings dared Foles to win it with his arm.

“When it came down to it, we weren’t able to keep drives alive,” Fisher said. “We’re not as productive as we’d like to be on offense.”

In overtime, Fisher didn’t expect Minnesota to kick to the Rams, who would then have to march into the wind. Britt clearly didn’t expect it. Neither did even some of the Vikings.

Asked about the decision, “First thing was — I was surprised,” said Minnesota defensive end Brian Robison. “Second thing was — that tells me he has confidence in us to go get the job done. Any time your coach has that type of confidence in the defense, you don’t want to disappoint.”

Perhaps the Rams win the next two games because the Rams’ next two opponents stink. Maybe two Sundays from now, they’re 6-4 and we’re again talking playoffs. Maybe some weak defenses are all Nick needs to to discover deep-ball braggadocio.

Here’s hoping that Foles finds what he needs to find, because, frankly, it’s been fun talking about the Rams without also having to talk about Los Angeles.

But January looms. Both the playoffs and the owners’ decision.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the coaching staff for a piss poor game plan. How many games is Gurley really going to rush for 140+? He is our only offensive weapon and news flash!!! The vikings held him in check, Fishers stupid play calling continued with attempt of another 60+ kick that failed. 3rd and 8 and you call a run play which gains only 1 yd. I cannot stand a loser coach that doesn't play to win like this f'in idiot. Prime example why he has never been a good coach.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to blame the offense as a whole! Not just 1 guy. The o-line cannot pass protect PERIOD, or run protect! Our Rbs were getting stopped right at the LOS. Our Wr's cant catch consistently and Jarod Cook shouldn't even be on the field! As far as Foles, sure I'm disappointed, but he's better the Bradford all day long. The fact that this team cannot convert on 3rd down is because the whole offense sucks as a unit, not just one guy. If you bench Foles then you better bench a bunch of others as well.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, It's like a broken record every year. We can't block, we can throw and we can't eliminate stupid penalties. This is the 3rd year in a row we've faced these roadblocks. I think it's time someone is held accountable and it starts with the head coach. After this season comes to a close, I believe it's time for a coaching change and this time, please find someone who knows what the hell they are doing!!!!!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to blame the offense as a whole! Not just 1 guy. The o-line cannot pass protect PERIOD, or run protect! Our Rbs were getting stopped right at the LOS. Our Wr's cant catch consistently and Jarod Cook shouldn't even be on the field! As far as Foles, sure I'm disappointed, but he's better the Bradford all day long. The fact that this team cannot convert on 3rd down is because the whole offense sucks as a unit, not just one guy. If you bench Foles then you better bench a bunch of others as well.

Better then Bradford.. :L He's no where near sam's skill level sorry just the truth. Worst third-down conversion rate in NFL history!! Think about that. Last time I checked Foles is the QB. Isn't he supposed to be the leader make players around him better? He's just hasn't been accurate what so ever. And the alarming thing is he's getting worse. Foles needs to step it up!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's keep this as simple as possible. Why go for two after the first TD? It was 10-6, there is no advantage to push that to 10-8, especially that early. If they take the PAT, that late FG is for the win, not OT.

Foles is essentially early in his 3rd year of starts (36). Of course he still needs to grow, especially in a new offense. Hell, in the Bills/Fins games the announcers were still calling Tannehill a young QB that is still growing, and he's a year and a half ahead of Foles in terms of starts, all with the same team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better then Bradford.. :L He's no where near sam's skill level sorry just the truth. Worst third-down conversion rate in NFL history!! Think about that. Last time I checked Foles is the QB. Isn't he supposed to be the leader make players around him better? He's just hasn't been accurate what so ever. And the alarming thing is he's getting worse. Foles needs to step it up!

They are both below average, with Sam a little worse:

Foles: 7 TD, 5 INT, 6.72 yards/attempt, 37.9 QBR, 79.7 rating
Bradford: 10 TD, 10 INT, 6.65 yards/attempt, 35.3 QBR, 79.5 rating

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher has to take shots downfield when he's on the Vikings 35 in the Q4. Throwing it deep helps Gurley and run the game.

Fisher played for the tie and that's why he lost. And give credit to Minnys defense. They have a pretty good RB too.

I don't like watching Shaun Hill beat us, but he really didn't.

Until we get a 6'3 WR that is a stud, we are going to have a tough time on offense.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow a Cougar sighting!

While im not thrilled by Foles 's play so far, Last I checked Foles has done more than Bradford ever has!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both below average, with Sam a little worse:

Foles: 7 TD, 5 INT, 6.72 yards/attempt, 37.9 QBR, 79.7 rating
Bradford: 10 TD, 10 INT, 6.65 yards/attempt, 35.3 QBR, 79.5 rating

That's alot of interceptions for someone that throws as many short passes as he does, and is so ridiculously accurate, I mean teams rave about his accuracy, don't ya know!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's alot of interceptions for someone that throws as many short passes as he does, and is so ridiculously accurate, I mean teams rave about his accuracy, don't ya know!

Neither have played that great but I think Bradford would be doing way better with the Rams right now then Foles is. Many of Bradford's INT's this year have gone off the WR's hands or the WR's running the wrong route. And The Eagles lead the NFL with drop passes.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither have played that great but I think Bradford would be doing way better with the Rams right now then Foles is. Many of Bradford's INT's this year have gone off the WR's hands or the WR's running the wrong route. And The Eagles lead the NFL with drop passes.

Funny how the Rams always led the league in dropped passes when Sammy was here,according to you! now it's the same problem in Philly, it's never Sammy fault!
Why in the Hell would Sammy be doing any better if he was still with the Rams, just because you think so? He has a great 3
headed running back in Philly, Mathews is a better WR than anyone we have, plus he has a TE that can actually catch the ball, and his oline is better!

He sucks in Philly with all that, please do tell why he would do so much better with the Rams?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Coug, it's funny that a pre game announcer stated that he has always liked Bradford, but he's done making excuses for him, it's time he actually did something!
Other people are finally admitting it, you on the other hand continue to make excuses for him. I can see 1 year of excuses, maybe even 2, but 6 years of excuses that it's never Sammies fault, is a little much, isn't it?

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks because Foles technically is the leader of the team but lets be honest here, he needs some help outside of Gurley who also needs support as well. The FO has failed to bring in quality lineman that can do the job. This regime has drafted a bunch of lineman just to satisfy having lineman. 3 or 4 lineman taken in this draft and none of them can pass block? Very unacceptable, WR has not been addressed as we have 2 6-3 WR's who are a non factor. TE's who are a non factor and so far a defense in which each week the effort seems to be wasted because of stupid play calling, a stupid coach and worthless turds on Offense. If the team goes 8-8 hopefully it'll be good enough to get that idiot fired.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, at least Sam is throwing the ball downfield this season. I will give him that.

3 of his INT's have not been on him ( 2 went off receivers hands and Cooper stopped running a deep route on 1 ). the others are all on him and they were bad too.

but I'd take Kelly as a coach any day over Fisher. at least that guy has guts. 4th and 1 in OT and you go for it vs punting. if they fail, they give Dallas the ball at the 45 and basically hand them the game. now that's a gutsy call.

playing for a tie and hoping your kicker can consistently hit 60 yd FG's is ridiculous and irresponsible.

that's now 2 wins that the Rams should've had ( Pitt and Minn ) and choked. we should be looking at 6-2, not 4-4.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Bradford, he sucks! Foles is better for a lot less $$! Plus we were able to sign guys once Sammy left. The only good thing about yesterday... was the Eagles played Sammy for 50% of the games! In other words, we keep our 2016 4th round pick and we don't owe Philly squat! .......plus we still own their #2 2016 pick!..........bwahahahahahahahaha

How do you like that Cougie ole boy??:fencing:

Last edited: