• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fools Gold

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Bradford, he sucks! Foles is better for a lot less $$! Plus we were able to sign guys once Sammy left. The only good thing about yesterday... was the Eagles played Sammy for 50% of the games! In other words, we keep our 2016 4th round pick and we don't owe Philly squat! .......plus we still own their #2 2016 pick!..........bwahahahahahahahaha

How do you like that Cougie ole boy??:fencing:

Well that's great news Zeke! because it looks like we might have to spend our first round pick on a quarterback. :noidea:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's great news Zeke! because it looks like we might have to spend our first round pick on a quarterback. :noidea:

are you referring to the Eagles?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you referring to the Eagles?

No they have a QB. Sam is getting better every game. He just went to Dallas and beat a very good Defense. I think Foles will be OK against crappy teams like Chicago this week but will struggle against the Avg or good teams.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article sums up exactly how I feel.

http://www.rams-news.com/hochman-foles-looks-like-weak-link-pd/

“I was telling the boys — ‘Are they serious, do they really want to give us the ball?’” recalled Rams receiver Kenny Britt, in what surely sounded like loquacious squawking.

But they were serious — the Vikings dared Nick Foles to try to beat them with a touchdown ... and Nick Foles responded like Nick Foles.

Yup, the Rams signed a guy to be a franchise quarterback, and Rams opponents want him to have the ball in overtime.

Even an overtime win Sunday wouldn’t have masked the overall issue — Foles is flimsy and fallible, and the Rams’ offense has been reduced to surviving with him at the helm.

“I put a lot on myself, and I just have to keep playing better and growing as a quarterback,” he said after going three-and-out in overtime, as his Rams then lost, 21-18, on an ensuing field goal. “We have to get touchdowns, especially on the road. We have to get touchdowns and get in the red zone.”

Ugh, it’s hard to hear that the franchise quarterback, who’s paid as such, needs to continue to grow. But on Sunday, the Rams entered their biggest game since 2006 — they were in the playoff picture, but it appeared they didn’t have a playoff quarterback.

Maybe it’s on the receivers, too. And the offensive line. But Foles infuriates with ill-timed passes and floppy floaters toward St. Paul. From the very first play of the game, when the quarterback missed a preposterously wide-open Britt, Foles didn’t seem all there.

And later, it appeared that even coach Jeff Fisher lacked confidence in Foles.

Down 18-15 late in the fourth, Todd Gurley galloped down field, unleashing a trio of tributes, if you will, to the angry rushing style of Adrian Peterson. The Rams were barely within field goal range. After two more run plays, they faced a third-and-11 play, but Fisher had Foles hand it off to Gurley, setting up a field goal attempt. Somewhere, even Donald Trump was thinking: Man, now that’s conservative.

Of the third-down call, Fisher said: “Big picture, we felt fairly confident that defensively we’d get the ball back and have a chance to win in regulation. And then we missed the kick.”

Greg Zuerlein redeemed himself with a field goal in the final ticks, sending it to overtime.

But then came the game-changing coin toss.

Now, heading into Sunday’s game, the mind wandered.

If the Rams win, they’re 5-3. ...

And five of their final eight games are against teams with losing records. ...

Could the Rams make the playoffs? ...

Could the Rams, just so dominant since the Gurley emergence, actually go to the Super Bowl? All you have to do is get in the tournament. ...

Could the NFL owners then have the audacity to allow a Super Bowl team to move to another city?

OK, OK, let’s reel it back in.

The Rams are now 4-4.

And the onus is on Foles to change games with his arm, and not just get through them by not messing up too badly. It’s not working the way it is. He can compliment Gurley, but he must also complement Gurley.

On Sunday, Foles finished 18 for 33 for 168 yards, 55 of those from one deep connection to Britt, which led to the Rams’ lone touchdown. The Rams converted just two third downs, on 16 tries.

Two third downs.

And in the second half as a whole, the Rams only garnered six total first downs.

The Vikings loaded the box on Gurley. The Vikings started sniffing out the handoff to receiver Tavon Austin. The Vikings dared Foles to win it with his arm.

“When it came down to it, we weren’t able to keep drives alive,” Fisher said. “We’re not as productive as we’d like to be on offense.”

In overtime, Fisher didn’t expect Minnesota to kick to the Rams, who would then have to march into the wind. Britt clearly didn’t expect it. Neither did even some of the Vikings.

Asked about the decision, “First thing was — I was surprised,” said Minnesota defensive end Brian Robison. “Second thing was — that tells me he has confidence in us to go get the job done. Any time your coach has that type of confidence in the defense, you don’t want to disappoint.”

Perhaps the Rams win the next two games because the Rams’ next two opponents stink. Maybe two Sundays from now, they’re 6-4 and we’re again talking playoffs. Maybe some weak defenses are all Nick needs to to discover deep-ball braggadocio.

Here’s hoping that Foles finds what he needs to find, because, frankly, it’s been fun talking about the Rams without also having to talk about Los Angeles.

But January looms. Both the playoffs and the owners’ decision.

Ouch. Sounds like the honeymoon with Foles is over in St. Louis. Rotoworld was ripping him pretty hard yesterday too.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Foles deserves one more year after this one but he should have a hot seat next year. This year is still kind of a rookie year for what the Rams are trying to do.

Right now the Rams have a top RB and a young oline thats slowly getting better every week. They also have a hybrid gadget player in Austin and an above average receiver in Britt. Everyone else is replaceable.

Their depth on the offense is awful. They've sustained one too many injuries on the oline and it doesn't matter who is playing QB. With the way the Rams TEs catch the ball, it doesn't matter who is playing QB. With the way Quick and Bailey have been playing, it doesn't matter who is playing QB.

Rams need to get healthy.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Coug for bringing up Bradford. Bradford is a shitty qb for the Eagles let them talk about him.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the Rams always led the league in dropped passes when Sammy was here,according to you! now it's the same problem in Philly, it's never Sammy fault!
Why in the Hell would Sammy be doing any better if he was still with the Rams, just because you think so? He has a great 3
headed running back in Philly, Mathews is a better WR than anyone we have, plus he has a TE that can actually catch the ball, and his oline is better!

He sucks in Philly with all that, please do tell why he would do so much better with the Rams?

Yes drop passes are the WR's fault no two ways about it. Foles has attempted the least amount of passes between the numbers. It's like a 100 yds on the season a pathetic stat. He won't throw it down the middle? I'm just saying Foles is missing a lot of reads like wide-open Brett on the first play the game yesterday. Countless others. And so many passes nowhere near the receiver. Sam didn't do that. Not anywhere close to how much Foles is off. And Gurley is better then any of those backs in Philly.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Coug for bringing up Bradford. Bradford is a shitty qb for the Eagles let them talk about him.

Umm I didn't bring him up. I just responded to a comment. :kissass:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they have a QB. Sam is getting better every game. He just went to Dallas and beat a very good Defense. I think Foles will be OK against crappy teams like Chicago this week but will struggle against the Avg or good teams.

Its only mid season Coug, we'll see at the end on whose wanted and whose not. Hell were already up on the Eagles by dumping that massive salary and gaining picks. Plus the fact that Foles numbers are just plain better than Sams. These are facts that you always seem to ignore. Question for you, has Sam signed a new contract yet?? If not please explain.......

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its only mid season Coug, we'll see at the end on whose wanted and whose not. Hell were already up on the Eagles by dumping that massive salary and gaining picks. Plus the fact that Foles numbers are just plain better than Sams. These are facts that you always seem to ignore. Question for you, has Sam signed a new contract yet?? If not please explain.......

He is gambling on himself. If he has a good season he will get multiple offers and he will get to choose which team he would like to play for. It's a gamble though if he gets hurt he might be screwed. But you have to admit it took balls to bet and try to prove himself. Foles on the other hand took a quick offer from the Rams and ran. At 12m a year. Maybe he wasn't so sure about gambling on himself?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is gambling on himself. If he has a good season he will get multiple offers and he will get to choose which team he would like to play for. It's a gamble though if he gets hurt he might be screwed. But you have to admit it took balls to bet and try to prove himself. Foles on the other hand took a quick offer from the Rams and ran. At 12m a year. Maybe he wasn't so sure about gambling on himself?

Yep, every team wants him! Lol , please! Oh and by the way, he already is NOT having a good year!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes drop passes are the WR's fault no two ways about it. Foles has attempted the least amount of passes between the numbers. It's like a 100 yds on the season a pathetic stat. He won't throw it down the middle? I'm just saying Foles is missing a lot of reads like wide-open Brett on the first play the game yesterday. Countless others. And so many passes nowhere near the receiver. Sam didn't do that. Not anywhere close to how much Foles is off. And Gurley is better then any of those backs in Philly.

You are so blind, it's pathetic! Sam didn't do that, right that's why his career completion percentage is awful! That's why Foles stats are better(yes barely) than Sammies this year!
As far as Gurley, he has had 4 great games, Murray, Mathews, and Sprouls are all proven rb's. They all bring something different for defenses to defend, as far as Gurley, they just have to stack the box against him. At this point am I glad we have Gurley, absolutely! But quit being so blinded by your love of this average QB, that's all Sammy is and will be!
The bottom line is Sammy has more weapons around him than Foles does, and he has still proven that he is an average QB, Sammies stats aren't that good and would likely be even worse of he was still with the Rams!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if that is the case, we are still ahead, we got rid of a guy that held us back for 5 years, and we can finally start over, instead of hoping that some average QB will stay healthy and prove that he can make all the throws and be a leader, which he didn't!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so blind, it's pathetic! Sam didn't do that, right that's why his career completion percentage is awful! That's why Foles stats are better(yes barely) than Sammies this year!
As far as Gurley, he has had 4 great games, Murray, Mathews, and Sprouls are all proven rb's. They all bring something different for defenses to defend, as far as Gurley, they just have to stack the box against him. At this point am I glad we have Gurley, absolutely! But quit being so blinded by your love of this average QB, that's all Sammy is and will be!
The bottom line is Sammy has more weapons around him than Foles does, and he has still proven that he is an average QB, Sammies stats aren't that good and would likely be even worse of he was still with the Rams!

yea, if Foles had the receivers that Bradford has we'd probably be undefeated right now. :pop2:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono::nono:
yea, if Foles had the receivers that Bradford has we'd probably be undefeated right now. :pop2:

The WR's aren't the problem :nono:. The problem seems to be Foles ablity to throw it to them where they can catch it. :D

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coug where ya been man? We got a beast RB and defense. We need a stud WR and TE!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug where ya been man? We got a beast RB and defense. We need a stud WR and TE!

What's up guys... The ladies have been distracting me. I agree! I wouldn't mind our 1st rd pick being a stud WR. We need Odell Beckham Like WR.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whoops.....sorry Snake Eyes. All I said was at least Foles is better than Sammy! I guess that was all it took to throw Cougie into one of his Sammy frenzy's! I'll be more careful next time! :pop2:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoops.....sorry Snake Eyes. All I said was at least Foles is better than Sammy! I guess that was all it took to throw Cougie into one of his Sammy frenzy's! I'll be more careful next time! :pop2:

That's right!! I was just taking a peaceful nap and my Sammy radar went off :eek: I fell right out of my bunk bed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas is 25th in pts allowed/game btw. Not exactly "very good", but average at best.