• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flynn being looked at....allegedly.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Flynn reportedly a trade target of three teams - NFL.com

I personally think this is fluff. This sounds like an agent trying to leak some shit out in order to see if he can get one of the teams that seemingly need a QB to bite on a stupid trade. The Seahawks saying that they are reluctant to trade is an even bigger pile of shit. They would trade him for a ham sandwich if they felt they could.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Seahawks should have actually started Matt Flynn for at least 4 games.
That would have pumped up his trade value.

In hindsight starting Alex Smith for about 1/2 the season really increased his trade value IMHO. If Alex Smith would have not taken a single snap this season we would not have gotten such a good deal for him.

Maybe Alex Smith was started with this in mind as well.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still don't know that Flynn can't be a starter in this league. He hasn't been given an opportunity. I would much rather have him than Kevin Kolb and probably Matt Cassel as well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Flynn reportedly a trade target of three teams - NFL.com

I personally think this is fluff. This sounds like an agent trying to leak some shit out in order to see if he can get one of the teams that seemingly need a QB to bite on a stupid trade. The Seahawks saying that they are reluctant to trade is an even bigger pile of shit. They would trade him for a ham sandwich if they felt they could.

Flynn costs 4 million to the cap this year even if they trade him. He costs six million if they cut him according to Sando (over two years or in one lump sum. He costs like 7.25 this year if he stays. They can cut him next year for nothing. So, for that, 7.25 - 4 no matter what, keeping him costs 3.25 million, the worth of a good backup. But, saving 3.25 in cap, 4 million in actual money, and getting draft picks, of course. Just saying that they can't release him, but wouldn't really be stuck with that much more if they kept him.

Question about Matt Flynn as market moves - NFC West Blog - ESPN

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still don't know that Flynn can't be a starter in this league. He hasn't been given an opportunity. I would much rather have him than Kevin Kolb and probably Matt Cassel as well.

He wasn't pursued by the guy who drafted him this year, didn't get the job in Miami with his former OC, didn't beat out a lower round rookie in the off-season, and reports are that he wasn't that helpful with Wilson once he lost the QB competition. Not saying that he can't be a starter, just saying that the chances he got, the people who are closest, and the work ethic that people sometimes take for granted, wasn't there. Now, I don't think he was disruptive, I just think his attitude was peeved and it showed with his apparent hesitation to help like Alex did.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i looked at flynn

then i laughed

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't pursued by the guy who drafted him this year, didn't get the job in Miami with his former OC, didn't beat out a lower round rookie in the off-season, and reports are that he wasn't that helpful with Wilson once he lost the QB competition. Not saying that he can't be a starter, just saying that the chances he got, the people who are closest, and the work ethic that people sometimes take for granted, wasn't there. Now, I don't think he was disruptive, I just think his attitude was peeved and it showed with his apparent hesitation to help like Alex did.

Oh, I forgot this. "A source said the Jaguars, coached by former Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley, are not involved in pursuing Flynn." I know he's a defensive guy, but it seems everyone that has something to do with him, doesn't want him. Same can be said about Alex - Atlanta (Nolan), Minnesota (Singletary), Cleveland (Norv Turner), etc. didn't get him, but he had a lot of experience and Reid, a QB guy, liked him. Shouldn't Flynn be living off of potential and youth, helped by guys he worked with knowing he had it?

Seattle Seahawks put Matt Flynn on trading block, source

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to be the Raiders, they are forced to trade for a guy like Flynn because they would probably never be able to lure him in as a Free Agent after Seattle cut him

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to be the Raiders, they are forced to trade for a guy like Flynn because they would probably never be able to lure him in as a Free Agent after Seattle cut him

You are right in general, but specifically Flynn would never be released. He costs them 6 million if cut, 7.25 if kept. 6 plus other backup > 7.25 likely. He cost 4 million with the trade but they saved 3.25 and got draft picks.

Revisiting Matt Flynn implications by scenario - ESPN

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland Raiders quarterbacks ripped by reporters

We try not to overreact to offseason practice evaluations. After all, as Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said, it's just "football in shorts." But sometimes we see practice reports that we just can't ignore.

Tuesday in Oakland was one of those days. The Raiders' quarterbacks are not capable of performing basic tasks at this stage, according to various reporters present for the team's first day of minicamp.

From Steve Corkran of the Oakland Tribune: "In 19 years covering the NFL, today's showing by Matt Flynn, Tyler Wilson, Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin rates as one of the worst in memory."

An Associated Press reporter started an article with what he saw out of the Raiders' passing game: "Batted balls. Wounded ducks. Interceptions. Passes into the turf."

From Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle: "It was the opening of duck season, er, the Raiders three-day minicamp, on Tuesday as the team's top three quarterbacks picked up where they left off in the team's organized workouts the last month."

And ...

"On two straight throws, starter Matt Flynn lobbed two wounded ducks downfield -- and they were the plays of the day," Tafur wrote.

It appeared the quarterbacks struggled equally, although the practice reports about Pryor were particularly negative. He had four passes batted down alone. Flynn said all the batted balls were "nerve-wracking."

The Raiders are professing patience publicly because they have to.

"I don't allow that to frustrate me," coach Dennis Allen said. "I understand where we're at in the season."

It sounds like what we heard from the Raiders' offseason practices one year ago.