• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Fan Mumbles and Grumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This i could see the the Ducks arent getting enough i thought he was saying the we arent getting enough

i would do the breakdown like this though

Cooter and a number 2 for Ryan
Edler for Coburn.

If the Canucks/Gillis did this deal-they're f-ing brain dead.Major step back IMO.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooter ,Coburn and a number 2 for Edler and Bobby Ryan

i dont really like that either.. you upgrade coburn with a little more offense, and upgrade couturier offensively but take a significant hit defensively.. plus couturier's potential and a 2nd round pick

i really think people need to relax on trading couturier and give him a little time.. he played with talbot / rosehill / hall / rinaldo for most of the year.. tough to generate offense playing with those guys

i dno, maybe i'm just oddly comfortable w/ the flyers defense as it is.. talent-wise i dont think they're lucking much, if any.. when you play an attack system you give up quality scoring chances.. and if your goalie sucks at stopping quality scoring chances, youre sunk. they could use another puck-mover, but the way gustafsson plaid the last month or so and in the WC, he can be that guy.

my two biggest concerns are replacing timonen when he retires, which is probably NEXT summer, when ghost or this year's first might be able to step in and help fill that gap.. and finding more goals.. the flyers are deep with physicality and grinding-type forwards, they're really thin when it comes to offensive catalysts.. thin as in, after G and voracek, i dont think they have any (assuming briere is bought out)

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont really like that either.. you upgrade coburn with a little more offense, and upgrade couturier offensively but take a significant hit defensively.. plus couturier's potential and a 2nd round pick

i really think people need to relax on trading couturier and give him a little time.. he played with talbot / rosehill / hall / rinaldo for most of the year.. tough to generate offense playing with those guys

Booby ryan has has 30 + goals 4 straight seasons i would say if your going to use the "significant" word it should be on the offensive of both players. defensive forwards are a dime a dozen but thirty goals scores arent. unless Cooter makes tremendous strides in the next few years on offense the word potential will be only that. Plus as i have stated before he played with those forwards because he played his way to that line. If he scored or assisted constantly he wouldve stayed on line 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booby ryan has has 30 + goals 4 straight seasons i would say if your going to use the "significant" word it should be on the offensive of both players. defensive forwards are a dime a dozen but thirty goals scores arent. unless Cooter makes tremendous strides in the next few years on offense the word potential will be only that. Plus as i have stated before he played with those forwards because he played his way to that line. If he scored or assisted constantly he wouldve stayed on line 2.

i dno, i just hate how frequently the flyers give up on their young players for what they think is greener pastures, only to have the guy come in, be a bust, and the outgoing guy starts tearing it up.. he had one somewhat down season, in a season where just about everyone on the team underperformed.

also, there's just no way to be competitive in this NHL without guys like couturier on ELC's.. aside from arguing the benefit for the flyers, you're talking about adding 6-7 mil in cap space when all is said and done, and the flyers, even after buying out bryz AND briere, dont have that kind of space.. the cupboard is bare as it is, getting rid of one of those ELC guys just makes it that much worse

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan on a line with G and Jake would be pretty damn scary. G and Jake are both pass 1st and Ryan is a scorer. He would go for 50. G and Jake would both go 30+. Get it done. That's 110+ goals from 1 line or about 1.3 per game. I like it.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trding Cooter would be a huge mistake.

The kid is 19 years old

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan on a line with G and Jake would be pretty damn scary. G and Jake are both pass 1st and Ryan is a scorer. He would go for 50. G and Jake would both go 30+. Get it done. That's 110+ goals from 1 line or about 1.3 per game. I like it.

My only issue with that is then you are very reliant upon one line for you scoring. F kin awesome line, yes, but then you have a bunch of grinder type guys as your depth. I worry about who drives offense after that top line.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an insult to the Sabres btw. I understand that signing Leino was a bad move on their part, but to trade Miller for Bryzy, as a Flyers fan I'd friggin give Darcy Regier a tug if he was dumb enough to do this. Lol! I hope Bossman checked this dude's blog.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya.. that's definitely not going to happen.. nobody will trade for bryz's contract.. he'll leave philly this summer or next summer, but it will be a buyout, not a trade. the flyers would have to give up a 1st and a roster player to get someone to take on that contract, let alone get something in return for it

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be intrigued by richards though to be honest.. he's gunna get bought out and can probably be signed on the cheap.. dude's got skill and won a cup, he'd be a great 2C i think.. the flyers cap situation just blows.

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be intrigued by richards though to be honest.. he's gunna get bought out and can probably be signed on the cheap.. dude's got skill and won a cup, he'd be a great 2C i think.. the flyers cap situation just blows.

exactly

Wasn't keen on the Kimmo resigning-too much,and to get any kind of upgrade,they are going to have to give up some young talent.The best alternative(which won't happen IMO)is to stick with what they have for now,and let the guys develop.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

exactly

Wasn't keen on the Kimmo resigning-too much,and to get any kind of upgrade,they are going to have to give up some young talent.The best alternative(which won't happen IMO)is to stick with what they have for now,and let the guys develop.

exactly yourself.

i didn't love the kimmo resigning either, but if you really sit back and look at it, to replace him was going to cost at least that much in cap space, plus assets, so it's really not a bad signing. timonen is even under-rated by flyers fans, he's a bonafide #1 dman in this league. he was top 5 in points for dmen this season i'm pretty sure.

4thstreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly yourself.

i didn't love the kimmo resigning either, but if you really sit back and look at it, to replace him was going to cost at least that much in cap space, plus assets, so it's really not a bad signing. timonen is even under-rated by flyers fans, he's a bonafide #1 dman in this league. he was top 5 in points for dmen this season i'm pretty sure.

I like the guy ,just not the $$$.Thought they could use 6 mil on a younger,proven dman.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the guy ,just not the $$$.Thought they could use 6 mil on a younger,proven dman.

not without giving up a lot in terms of picks/prospects.. contract-to-performance wise, i dont think they could've done any better either.. dmen get paaaaid these days

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not without giving up a lot in terms of picks/prospects.. contract-to-performance wise, i dont think they could've done any better either.. dmen get paaaaid these days

He needs to have a excellent year for us or for all the good he did for us over years he will be on the bad side of the fans

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning boys. It's wonderful to see that the Pens are now 2 games away from elimination and now go on the road:) It appears the Pens will be looking at goaltending this offseason. Let's go B's.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the pens just dont play good playoff hockey.. they can beat teams like the sens and isles who just aren't talented enough (yet) to keep up with them.. when they play more veteran teams, they get embarassed

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope the Sabres wouldn't make that trade but you never know. Miller/Vanek will be traded but I just don't see them making a deal with any team in the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.