• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Floyd Reese: Patriots Knew All About Aaron Hernandez

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what staying at a Holiday inn express is supposed to do. Clearly you're not staying there. The YMCA?

af580f6fdc8f7c3bff2955c3ce892fe7.jpg

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bill-belichick-nfl-combine.jpg

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Urban Meyer and Patriots apologists are just gonna come on with the "you're obsessed" and "you're blind with hatred" bullshit. But the evidence mounts daily.

Will Urban Meyer, Robert Kraft or Belichick face criminal charges? They sure as hell should!

You're not obsessed with the Patriots, bro. You're obsessed with upsetting yourself on purpose. The Patriots are just who you use when you want to be upset about football. Jordan, Tiger Woods, there are others. But you're the common denominator in all of them.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be really tough to prove anything against them, imho. Probably broke the letter of the law in some cases, but I doubt there would be enough evidence.

WTF are you talking about? What letter of the law? You think they knew Hernandez was a murderer before the cops did?

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about? What letter of the law? You think they knew Hernandez was a murderer before the cops did?
Not necessarily, but if they did then it could be Obstruction of Justice. It would also be impossible to prove, so that's why nothing would come of it.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily, but if they did then it could be Obstruction of Justice. It would also be impossible to prove, so that's why nothing would come of it.

I get your hate man but coming up with totally irrational bullshit is ridiculous. Unless the team was tailing him 24/7 they would have no idea he committed any of the shootings before the cops.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your hate man but coming up with totally irrational bullshit is ridiculous. Unless the team was tailing him 24/7 they would have no idea he committed any of the shootings before the cops.
I don't mean they could have known about the shootings before the cops, I mean that they may have known more than they said publicly or to the police, which if it was true would fit the definition of Obstruction of Justice. It would be completely impossible to prove though, even if it was true.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean they could have known about the shootings before the cops, I mean that they may have known more than they said publicly or to the police, which if it was true would fit the definition of Obstruction of Justice. It would be completely impossible to prove though, even if it was true.

whatever..keep drinking from the HD Trough of the Eternal Hate.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, Urban Meyer, trainer of upstanding young men and an unimpeachable character witness.

Eventually, we will hear more about what the Pats knew, or what they chose not to learn more about, when a person who truly cared about background would have been alerted to check further.

And let’s not focus entirely on Hernandez. The Peter King story says:

“At the same time owner Robert Kraft was testifying for the prosecution against his former employee, the Patriots were reportedly extending a contract offer to then-free-agent linebacker Rolando McClain, whose background was more troubling than Hernandez’s was at the time the team drafted him out of Florida or when it gave him a contraction extension….McClain was arrested in 2011 for misdemeanor assault, discharging a firearm and reckless endangerment. Two years later he was arrested for providing false information to the police.”

And of course there are other examples, like drafting Dennard.

So this "we’re more principled than other teams because we cut him as soon as we learned some bad things" is BS. A complete and utter lie.

What’s the lesson here? Urban Meyer is a sleazy snake oil salesman who, in the spirit of Barry Switzer and Tom Osbourne, will allow any and all transgressions from murder, theft, assault, r*pe, not going to classes, etc as long as the team wins championships. He and the administration will cover up or even attack victims.

As long as the player attends his laughable prayer sessions (and produces on the field) he and God will forgive all transgressions and crimes.

Eagles get Tebow and now they are all righteous. ;-)

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to quote anyone or accuse any franchise of wrongdoing, but Boston is Boston, you can't tell me that there aren't mechanisms in place to keep tabs on "certain" individuals in Beantown, nothing goes on in that town w/o sanction.

You lay out 40 mil for a guy and you don't know what's going on?

I am not a Pat "hater", in fact I admire them for their "pushing" of the envelope, IMO, they are the Raiders of the new millennium, Darth Raider, Darth Bill, JUST WIN BABY!

Go ahead and lay it on me, I know for a fact you don't get ahead in this world w/o getting your hands dirty, one way or another.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the Rolling Stone piece or turn the TV on. Til you know the basics, fuck off from this thread. Fair enough?

My 2 cents is that the Rolling Stone piece is a piece. This would not be the first time they got the story wrong, they do it all the time, shabby journalism is what RS is, they ran out of music commentary and started to do stories, as if they knew.
:L

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ran into a 49ers fan today in a bar at the airport today, we talked about boxing, baseball and football. I pretended to be a Bengals fan just for the F of it, so we could have an unbiased conversation. He said that teams like his admire the Pats for stretching the rules until the NFL changes them - he was sad but not butt hurt about the dismal moves made by his team. Also, said he admired but hated the Seahawks for different reasons. Go figure.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to quote anyone or accuse any franchise of wrongdoing, but Boston is Boston, you can't tell me that there aren't mechanisms in place to keep tabs on "certain" individuals in Beantown, nothing goes on in that town w/o sanction.

You lay out 40 mil for a guy and you don't know what's going on?

I am not a Pat "hater", in fact I admire them for their "pushing" of the envelope, IMO, they are the Raiders of the new millennium, Darth Raider, Darth Bill, JUST WIN BABY!

Go ahead and lay it on me, I know for a fact you don't get ahead in this world w/o getting your hands dirty, one way or another.

God knows the Patriots screwed up.

Maybe the idea of Gronkowski and Hernandez tearing up the league was too much for them and they didn't want to know too much. They were willing to believe.

You really think the Patriots are the only organization in the NFL that can do that?

Still a loooong stretch from that to foreseeing one of their players as a murderer. How many times has someone here or in the press say it's inconceivable that someone would throw away 40 million dollars for something like that? It is pretty inconceivable.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God knows the Patriots screwed up.

Maybe the idea of Gronkowski and Hernandez tearing up the league was too much for them and they didn't want to know too much. They were willing to believe.

You really think the Patriots are the only organization in the NFL that can do that?

Still a loooong stretch from that to foreseeing one of their players as a murderer. How many times has someone here or in the press say it's inconceivable that someone would throw away 40 million dollars for something like that? It is pretty inconceivable.

That's an old standby of Pats fans.

"Everyone does it."

So that makes it ok?

"Everyone " drafted Aaron Hernandez and paid a violent, drug-addicted gang member $40M?

I swear I think some of you numbnuts actually enjoy being wrong. At this point, that's the only thing that seems to make sense. You enjoy it.

And LOL @ @RobBase in this thread. Dude would KILL to offer felatio to Brady. :L

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an old standby of Pats fans.

"Everyone does it."

So that makes it ok?

"Everyone " drafted Aaron Hernandez and paid a violent, drug-addicted gang member $40M?

I swear I think some of you numbnuts actually enjoy being wrong. At this point, that's the only thing that seems to make sense. You enjoy it.

And LOL @ @RobBase in this thread. Dude would KILL to offer felatio to Brady. :L

LOL. I'm saying it could happen to other teams and has happened to other teams.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question: Does anyone really think that the Pats threw 40 million dollars into the face of Aaron H just FtFoI? :nono: These hidden agenda accusations are getting really creepy, get a life dudes.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question: Does anyone really think that the Pats threw 40 million dollars into the face of Aaron H just FtFoI? :nono: These hidden agenda accusations are getting really creepy, get a life dudes.

I don't know what you're trying to say. What I do know is that Bobby Kraft sleeps with a prostitute and @RobBase wants to felate Brady.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you're trying to say. What I do know is that Bobby Kraft sleeps with a prostitute and @RobBase wants to felate Brady.

Just sayin that I don't understand all the speculation about why the Pats drafted AH and forked out the big bucks. They saw a potentially great player and ended up screwing the pooch. Bad decisions occur frequently in the NFL business, nothing more to it.
:L