• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Floyd Reese: Patriots Knew All About Aaron Hernandez

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“When he was at Florida, he had some issues there too, there were some things that went on,” Reese said, via Bedard. “We all knew about it. It was just from our standpoint, we were getting a first-round talent in the fourth round under a contract that was going to keep him in line or it wasn’t going to cost us a penny. The real downside for us was the fourth-round pick.”

“We knew he had some issues prior,” Reese said. “[Former Florida coach] Urban Meyer and Bill [Belichick] were very, very close, and I think Urban convinced Bill that, you know, that these things weren’t going to be an issue. When we structured his first contract, his rookie contract, we probably had 75 percent of the money in the contract set up so that he would only make it if he stayed out of trouble, didn’t miss meetings, was always there doing the right thing. And for the period of the original contract, he lived up to every bit of it. So it turned out well. Of course, after that, after he signed [a $40 million contract extension], things kind of went awry.”

Things actually went awry before the contract was signed; Hernandez pulled the trigger multiple times in Boston, killing two men in the process, before he used that same hand to sign his long-term deal. The Patriots obviously didn’t know that things had taken such a negative turn.

As Tom Curran of CSN New England said on Wednesday’s PFT Live, maybe the Patriots should have known that something wasn’t right with Hernandez, generally. Given that they already were on notice regarding potential issues at Florida when drafting him, team security should have been paying closer attention to Hernandez’s lifestyle, his whereabouts, and his overall conduct.

The thing is, as documented in the Rolling Stone piece, they had ex-FBI Special Agents tailing this guy. Belichick even told Hernandez to setup a "safe house!"

Are you kidding me? "I was duped by a most likable young man!" - Robert Kraft

Shameless fuckin liar.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, Urban Meyer, trainer of upstanding young men and an unimpeachable character witness.

Eventually, we will hear more about what the Pats knew, or what they chose not to learn more about, when a person who truly cared about background would have been alerted to check further.

And let’s not focus entirely on Hernandez. The Peter King story says:

“At the same time owner Robert Kraft was testifying for the prosecution against his former employee, the Patriots were reportedly extending a contract offer to then-free-agent linebacker Rolando McClain, whose background was more troubling than Hernandez’s was at the time the team drafted him out of Florida or when it gave him a contraction extension….McClain was arrested in 2011 for misdemeanor assault, discharging a firearm and reckless endangerment. Two years later he was arrested for providing false information to the police.”

And of course there are other examples, like drafting Dennard.

So this "we’re more principled than other teams because we cut him as soon as we learned some bad things" is BS. A complete and utter lie.

What’s the lesson here? Urban Meyer is a sleazy snake oil salesman who, in the spirit of Barry Switzer and Tom Osbourne, will allow any and all transgressions from murder, theft, assault, r*pe, not going to classes, etc as long as the team wins championships. He and the administration will cover up or even attack victims.

As long as the player attends his laughable prayer sessions (and produces on the field) he and God will forgive all transgressions and crimes.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Urban Meyer and Patriots apologists are just gonna come on with the "you're obsessed" and "you're blind with hatred" bullshit. But the evidence mounts daily.

Will Urban Meyer, Robert Kraft or Belichick face criminal charges? They sure as hell should!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, Urban Meyer, trainer of upstanding young men and an unimpeachable character witness.

Eventually, we will hear more about what the Pats knew, or what they chose not to learn more about, when a person who truly cared about background would have been alerted to check further.

And let’s not focus entirely on Hernandez. The Peter King story says:

“At the same time owner Robert Kraft was testifying for the prosecution against his former employee, the Patriots were reportedly extending a contract offer to then-free-agent linebacker Rolando McClain, whose background was more troubling than Hernandez’s was at the time the team drafted him out of Florida or when it gave him a contraction extension….McClain was arrested in 2011 for misdemeanor assault, discharging a firearm and reckless endangerment. Two years later he was arrested for providing false information to the police.”

And of course there are other examples, like drafting Dennard.

So this "we’re more principled than other teams because we cut him as soon as we learned some bad things" is BS. A complete and utter lie.

What’s the lesson here? Urban Meyer is a sleazy snake oil salesman who, in the spirit of Barry Switzer and Tom Osbourne, will allow any and all transgressions from murder, theft, assault, r*pe, not going to classes, etc as long as the team wins championships. He and the administration will cover up or even attack victims.

As long as the player attends his laughable prayer sessions (and produces on the field) he and God will forgive all transgressions and crimes.
dennard was actually shown to be set up by the cop involved. its why everything went away quietly.

mcclain, dumb idea to have him here the day kraft was on the stand...but the pats DID make an offer..an extremely low offer...from what i read, knowing he wouldnt take it. "due diligence" i guess.

i think kraft has this delusional idea about how much of a "good, clean franchise" he runs. is it "cleaner" than a lot of other NFL teams?

yes, and its hard to argue...as for years they didnt draft or sign troubled guys, but passed for lesser talent...and it bit them. check out the bengals of the 2000's if you want to see what a real criminal franchise is.
I think AH, a first round pick dropped to the 4th...was simply too good to pass up. bills connection with meyer...perfect storm for a scenario like this.

this all stems from christian peter and myra literally telling her husband "its him or me" the day they drafted him. kraft i think trusted what bill had to say...and bill trusted meyer. owners not named jones dont really get into player scouting or GM work. they own. they have bigger fish to fry.

kraft is just the owner...an old guy with a big bank account and a soft heart. i really think he can feel "duped"...but not by AH, by the organization below him and meyer.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dennard was actually shown to be set up by the cop involved. its why everything went away quietly.

mcclain, dumb idea to have him here the day kraft was on the stand...but the pats DID make an offer..an extremely low offer...from what i read, knowing he wouldnt take it. "due diligence" i guess.

i think kraft has this delusional idea about how much of a "good, clean franchise" he runs. is it "cleaner" than a lot of other NFL teams?

yes, and its hard to argue...as for years they didnt draft or sign troubled guys, but passed for lesser talent...and it bit them. check out the bengals of the 2000's lol.
I think AH, a first round pick dropped to the 4th...was simply too good to pass up. bills connection with meyer...perfect storm for a scenario like this.

this all stems from christian peter and myra literally telling her husband "its him or me" the day they drafted him. kraft i think truste what bill had to say...and bill trusted meyer. chain reaction...

kraft is just the owner...an old guy with a big bank account and a soft heart. i really think he can feel "duped"...but not by AH, by the organization below him and meyer.

Robert Kraft. Self-made billionaire. One of the smartest, richest men in America.

But suddenly when it comes to Aaron Hernandez' character it's "golly gee whiz, fellas. I'm just an old man who was trying to do the right thing by my beloved Myra."

Yeah, bullshit. You know better than that, Rock.

Dude is grimy.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Urban Meyer and Patriots apologists are just gonna come on with the "you're obsessed" and "you're blind with hatred" bullshit. But the evidence mounts daily.

Will Urban Meyer, Robert Kraft or Belichick face criminal charges? They sure as hell should!

They're practically accomplices. Let's not forget Brady's role in all of this, either. If Tom hadn't thrown Aaron all of those fluttery, ankle-high wounded quails he probably wouldn't have had these anger issues. They should lock them all up.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're practically accomplices. Let's not forget Brady's role in all of this, either. If Tom hadn't thrown Aaron all of those fluttery, ankle-high wounded quails he probably wouldn't have had these anger issues. They should lock them all up.

"That was Tom putting the ball where only the receiver could catch it."

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Kraft. Self-made billionaire. One of the smartest, richest men in America.

But suddenly when it comes to Aaron Hernandez' character it's "golly gee whiz, fellas. I'm just an old man who was trying to do the right thing by my beloved Myra."

Yeah, bullshit. You know better than that, Rock.

Dude is grimy.

i think you misunderstood me.

kraft is a hands off owner and is more involved in greater league issues than most owners. he doesnt typically get involved in delegated authority like personnel, etc.

that being said, AH is a classic sociopath. he fed kraft the bait and kraft swallowed the hook. he just thought AH was a nice, local kid trying to make himself into a better person. i can honestly see how he could have been fed a bunch of "hes ok, bobby" from belichick and meyer. he pays people to evaluate people.

like in my company, HR interviews, does the drug testing...department heads approve the hire...the owner doesnt come in to meet smitty in laser or get involved in his life or background. thats the job of people he pays.

i think your view on kraft is muddled. you really just dont like us/boston/new england.

you hate the celtics

you hate the red sox

you hate the patriots.

i dont know if you do hockey but you may hate the bruins too...

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was known he was a punk. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Should BB/Kraft predicted the future? Followed him around 24/7? I don't get the point of this thread.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like in my company, HR interviews, does the drug testing...

If you're still working there, Kraft must have hired them to test Hernandez too. :D

You're going to have a very, very tough sell to convince anyone that Kraft was duped, yet was subpoenaed to testify in the murder case.

He knew. A lot.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was known he was a punk. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Should BB/Kraft predicted the future? Followed him around 24/7? I don't get the point of this thread.

Don't even start with that "so you're saying they knew he'd kill people" bullshit.

I'm not starting that merry-go-round up again.

No one ever said that. And it's completely irrelevant.

They knew he was a violent, drug-addicted gang member. Violent, drug-addicted gang members do very bad things.

So just stop. :hand:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My memory fails me.

How much of the money did the Titan's owner pay out to the Vegas shooting victims in the Pacman incident? And who went to jail for them? And what did they lose in draft picks?

There isn't a team in the league that hasn't taken a chance on a questionable character.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My memory fails me.

How much of the money did the Titan's owner pay out to the Vegas shooting victims in the Pacman incident? And who went to jail for them? And what did they lose in draft picks?

There isn't a team in the league that hasn't taken a chance on a questionable character.

Try harder.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even start with that "so you're saying they knew he'd kill people" bullshit.

I'm not starting that merry-go-round up again.

No one ever said that. And it's completely irrelevant.

They knew he was a violent, drug-addicted gang member. Violent, drug-addicted gang members do very bad things.

So just stop. :hand:

Uhhh...I didn't say that. Anyways, "drug addicted"...are we talking about the weed here? I highly doubt you have any info to back up that he failed a drug test for anything else, but weed. Calling him a gang member is also reaching. What gang? Entertain me. If he played for the Rams...you wouldn't even give a shit. This thread was created because he was on the Pats. We get it...you hate NE/Boston/Pats/All Boston teams.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try harder.

Why? You're franchise did the exact same as the Pat's did. Where's the difference except that PacMan and his entourage isn't as good a shot.

Hell Tennessee has consistently drafted guys with major red flags over the years. More than pretty much anyone other than Cinci.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're still working there, Kraft must have hired them to test Hernandez too. :D

You're going to have a very, very tough sell to convince anyone that Kraft was duped, yet was subpoenaed to testify in the murder case.

He knew. A lot.
he owns the team. he employed AH.

any company owner whos employee did this is probably being subpoenaed.

belichick? hes dirty on this. meyer? even moreso.

hes like a greasy used car salesman

"runs great, low mileage. what water damage?"

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? You're franchise did the exact same as the Pat's did. Where's the difference except that PacMan and his entourage isn't as good a shot.

Hell Tennessee has consistently drafted guys with major red flags over the years. More than pretty much anyone other than Cinci.

The difference is it was the Titans. He hates the Pats, not the Titans.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Try much harder. :hand:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is it was the Titans. He hates the Pats, not the Titans. Why did the Titans draft that

In before a lame-brain says "he just hates the Pats."

Whoops, too late. :L