• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida "Surges" into No. 1 spot in Recruiting

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao. "Fail" is spelled F, S and U. Florida's women's college has a football program, congrats. Enjoy your drama or music education degree, I have to go yell at my assistants.
Oh here we go. Yeah he'll fail too. Jimbo will own him too.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where to start with this level of stupidity... First off, our first TD from Sparty wasn't given by any stretch. I guess you didn't watch the game.

Secondly, the Florida argument is only valid if they weren't barely escaping against the shitty teams on their schedule. OSU only had 3 games this year that weren't 2+ TD victories, and none of those teams were shit teams like 3-9 FAU, 5-7 Kentucky or 4-8 Vanderbilt. OSU only faced 5 teams all year that have a losing record, and we won those games by an average of 27 points. Meanwhile Florida barely scraped by against these bottom feeders.

Florida is lucky they're in the division they're in. If they were playing in just about any other P5 division (outside of the ACC), they'd be lucky to be 6-6.

Give Florida Ohio State's schedule and they very well could have finished with the same record Ohio State did. They play Michigan so we'll see how that would have turned out. Florida was 1-3 against ranked teams and 9-0 against unranked teams this year. Ohio State was 1-1 vs. ranked teams and 10-0 vs. unranked teams. As bad as Florida played down the stretch, I would imagine they could have beaten Rutgers, Minnesota and Illinois as they are currently constituted. That leaves MSU and Michigan. I can't see them losing to anybody on Ohio State's schedule the first 7 games especially with Grier at QB for those games.

Ohio State has one of the worst Strength of Schedules for any top 25 team. At worst Florida is 10-2 w/Ohio State's schedule IMO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the person who is being both ignorant and stupid. I did watch the game and Ohio State was dominated on both sides of the ball. Get over it; your team sucked that day and was lucky to escape without losing by 20. Ohio State has a lot of talent that just never really got going through out the year. My opinion is it's hard to repeat as National Champs because it's hard to get that competitive edge after winning it all.
That said, Ohio State had it's opportunity and blew it. Sorry. get over it. We already knew once Florida lost their quarterback, things would go badly. At least we are able to admit the problem and move on. Problem with you is you actually believe the Big10 is loaded with talent and you actually think Ohio State played a schedule that is worthy of consideration. All you have to do is check out the SOS for Ohio State and go from there. We shall see how the SEC East does in the bowl games and then you can come back with more ignorant remarks.
You tool. Never once have I said anything about the MSU game except for that we didn't play like we should've have and MSU beat us because of it. LOL at calling someone out for saying something they never did. I'm well past it, and if you actually paid attention to anything I've said about the topic you'd know something. Better luck next time, bud.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Florida Ohio State's schedule and they very well could have finished with the same record Ohio State did. They play Michigan so we'll see how that would have turned out. Florida was 1-3 against ranked teams and 9-0 against unranked teams this year. Ohio State was 1-1 vs. ranked teams and 10-0 vs. unranked teams. As bad as Florida played down the stretch, I would imagine they could have beaten Rutgers, Minnesota and Illinois as they are currently constituted. That leaves MSU and Michigan. I can't see them losing to anybody on Ohio State's schedule the first 7 games especially with Grier at QB for those games.

Ohio State has one of the worst Strength of Schedules for any top 25 team. At worst Florida is 10-2 w/Ohio State's schedule IMO.
Right, because their convincing performances against Kentucky, Vanderbilt and FAU would certainly mean they'd have no problem winning against the teams on OSU's schedule.

:L

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, because their convincing performances against Kentucky, Vanderbilt and FAU would certainly mean they'd have no problem winning against the teams on OSU's schedule.

:L

They beat UGA after Grier got suspended. UGA is better than Illinois, Minnesota and Rutgers. They beat Ole Miss and Tennessee with Grier. Ole Miss/Tennessee is better than Va. Tech, Hawaii, WMU, NIU, Indiana, Maryland and PSU. Ohio State played an awful schedule this year. I'm not saying Florida is great or anything, I'm saying that's how bad Ohio State's schedule was this year. Out of the top 25, only Iowa played a worse SoS(minus the American teams)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat UGA after Grier got suspended. UGA is better than Illinois, Minnesota and Rutgers. They beat Ole Miss and Tennessee with Grier. Ole Miss/Tennessee is better than Va. Tech, Hawaii, WMU, NIU, Indiana, Maryland and PSU. Ohio State played an awful schedule this year. I'm not saying Florida is great or anything, I'm saying that's how bad Ohio State's schedule was this year. Out of the top 25, only Iowa played a worse SoS(minus the American teams)
And somehow you're still missing the point. This isn't about who played what SOS - it's about the fact that Florida was extremely lucky to survive against some really, really shitty teams. OSU never had struggles like that against the bottom feeders on our schedule.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And somehow you're still missing the point. This isn't about who played what SOS - it's about the fact that Florida was extremely lucky to survive against some really, really shitty teams. OSU never had struggles like that against the bottom feeders on our schedule.

I'm not missing any point at all. I never said Florida was as good as Ohio State. My point was Ohio State played that shitty of schedule, which is true, that Florida could have finished with the same record.

I mean really, break it down:

With Grier they beat Ole Miss/Tennessee, Grier would have been suspended after the PSU game. Ole Miss/Tennessee is better than the following: Va Tech, Hawaii, NIU, WMU, Maryland, Indiana and Penn State.

Without Grier they beat UGA, UGA is better than the following: Minnesota, Rutgers and Illinois.

That leaves MSU and Michigan. I would assume Florida would lose to MSU just like Ohio State did. And they play Michigan in a couple weeks. At worst they are 10-2 with Ohio State's schedule at best they are 11-1, just like Ohio State was, IMO.

Really don't see the issue with what I've said. Ohio State had one of the worst P5 schedules this year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not missing any point at all. I never said Florida was as good as Ohio State. My point was Ohio State played that shitty of schedule, which is true, that Florida could have finished with the same record.

I mean really, break it down:

With Grier they beat Ole Miss/Tennessee, Grier would have been suspended after the PSU game. Ole Miss/Tennessee is better than the following: Va Tech, Hawaii, NIU, WMU, Maryland, Indiana and Penn State.

Without Grier they beat UGA, UGA is better than the following: Minnesota, Rutgers and Illinois.

That leaves MSU and Michigan. I would assume Florida would lose to MSU just like Ohio State did. And they play Michigan in a couple weeks. At worst they are 10-2 with Ohio State's schedule at best they are 11-1, just like Ohio State was, IMO.

Really don't see the issue with what I've said. Ohio State had one of the worst P5 schedules this year.
You really still don't get it. Florida was extremely lucky to not have 3 losses to sub-.500 teams. Are you still not able to understand that? Because that was the point. If you want to start another thread about OSU's SOS, go ahead and do it. You wouldn't be the first. However, again, OSU's schedule has nothing to do with this topic.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really still don't get it. Florida was extremely lucky to not have 3 losses to sub-.500 teams. Are you still not able to understand that? Because that was the point. If you want to start another thread about OSU's SOS, go ahead and do it. You wouldn't be the first. However, again, OSU's schedule has nothing to do with this topic.

I understand that fully well. The two Florida fans brought up Ohio State's schedule for comparison sake. I merely am expanding on that point. But yes, as bad as Florida played down the stretch, they still have the opportunity to beat Michigan, and if they do that, they would finish with the same record as Ohio State with their schedule IMO. Ohio State's schedule was so poor, even with Florida playing the way they did would at worst be 10-2 with that schedule, with the possibility of beating Michigan, leading me to believe that they would have the same record with Ohio State's schedule.

That's my point, just expanding on what the Florida fans said earlier.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that fully well. The two Florida fans brought up Ohio State's schedule for comparison sake. I merely am expanding on that point. But yes, as bad as Florida played down the stretch, they still have the opportunity to beat Michigan, and if they do that, they would finish with the same record as Ohio State with their schedule IMO. Ohio State's schedule was so poor, even with Florida playing the way they did would at worst be 10-2 with that schedule, with the possibility of beating Michigan, leading me to believe that they would have the same record with Ohio State's schedule.

That's my point, just expanding on what the Florida fans said earlier.
Florida has looked horrible for the 2nd half of the season. They had a decent win over a crumbling Georgia team that has basically phoned it in all year, they struggled mightily with Vanderbilt (seriously...Vanderbilt), barely got by 3-9 FAU (seriously...FAU), and then finished the year by getting their doors blown off by FSU and Bama by a combined 56-17 score.

I think given how horrid their offense was and how inconsistent they were as a whole, they drop the obvious game to MSU, lose to michigan, and very likely drop at least 1 more. As inconsistent as OSU was, they were never as dreadful as Florida, even at our worst.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida has looked horrible for the 2nd half of the season. They had a decent win over a crumbling Georgia team that has basically phoned it in all year, they struggled mightily with Vanderbilt (seriously...Vanderbilt), barely got by 3-9 FAU (seriously...FAU), and then finished the year by getting their doors blown off by FSU and Bama by a combined 56-17 score.

I think given how horrid their offense was and how inconsistent they were as a whole, they drop the obvious game to MSU, lose to michigan, and very likely drop at least 1 more. As inconsistent as OSU was, they were never as dreadful as Florida, even at our worst.

As I have been saying, if they were to lose to Michigan, they would have likely gone 10-2 against that schedule. They played their worst two games in the last two games of the regular season as it was, which was Ohio State's hardest two games. But they play Michigan, so that'll get sorted out. They definitely start out 7-0 given the schedules of both and when Grier got suspended. Minnesota and Illinois are slightly better than Vandy, and Rutgers is Vandy. I personally think they win all 3 of them even the way they were playing down the stretch.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have been saying, if they were to lose to Michigan, they would have likely gone 10-2 against that schedule. They played their worst two games in the last two games of the regular season as it was, which was Ohio State's hardest two games. But they play Michigan, so that'll get sorted out. They definitely start out 7-0 given the schedules of both and when Grier got suspended. Minnesota and Illinois are slightly better than Vandy, and Rutgers is Vandy. I personally think they win all 3 of them even the way they were playing down the stretch.
Yet another agree to disagree. Florida is horrible and they're still very fortunate to have played in the SEC East. Nothing will change that.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another agree to disagree. Florida is horrible and they're still very fortunate to have played in the SEC East. Nothing will change that.

Florida barely beating Vandy and FAU is literally no different than Michigan State barely beating Rutgers and Purdue.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, your right. A new coach recruiting his players will never change anything. Coach Mac is a hell of a coach and going 10-3 in his first year with pretty much the same players Muschamp had proves that. Just wait a couple years to make idiotic claims like this

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, your right. A new coach recruiting his players will never change anything. Coach Mac is a hell of a coach and going 10-3 in his first year with pretty much the same players Muschamp had proves that. Just wait a couple years to make idiotic claims like this
I wasn't talking about the future, dude. I was talking about this season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida barely beating Vandy and FAU is literally no different than Michigan State barely beating Rutgers and Purdue.
Well actually, in this context, it very much is considering they went on to beat the top teams on their schedule (4 top 15 wins) while Florida got railed by the good teams on theirs.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well actually, in this context, it very much is considering they went on to beat the top teams on their schedule (4 top 15 wins) while Florida got railed by the good teams on theirs.

Yeah and Michigan State is better than Florida. My point is if making a judgment on a team based on only 3 of their games is incredibly dumb.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and Michigan State is better than Florida. My point is if making a judgment on a team based on only 3 of their games is incredibly dumb.
Okay, lets keep going.

On top of 3 pathetic escapes against 3 teams with a combined 12 wins, they also had:
- a 7-point win over 5-7 East Carolina
- a 10-point win over 3-9 SCar
- a blowout win over 3-9 New Mexico State
- a last second, come-from-behind 1 point win over 8-4 Tennessee
- a 7-point loss against a 1-dimensional LSU team
- an 18 point win over 5-7 Missouri
- a horrible 25 point loss to Florida State
- a 14 point loss to Alabama
- a good win over a wildly inconsistent Ole Miss team
- a 24 point win over a mediocre Georgia team (who is ranked despite literally beating 1 team all year that is over .500 - Georgia Southern).

So, they had 2, maybe 3 good games this year. In your words, making a judgement on a team based on only 3 games is incredibly dumb. Other than those 2-3 games, they had 5 wins over bottom dwellers by 10 points or less, 2 blowout losses, another 7 point loss, a win vs. a horrible mid-major and a win vs. a 5-7 conference team.

Again, for the final time, Florida is trash and they're extremely lucky to have been able to play in an equally trashy division.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, lets keep going.

On top of 3 pathetic escapes against 3 teams with a combined 12 wins, they also had:
- a 7-point win over 5-7 East Carolina
- a 10-point win over 3-9 SCar
- a blowout win over 3-9 New Mexico State
- a last second, come-from-behind 1 point win over 8-4 Tennessee
- a 7-point loss against a 1-dimensional LSU team
- an 18 point win over 5-7 Missouri
- a horrible 25 point loss to Florida State
- a 14 point loss to Alabama
- a good win over a wildly inconsistent Ole Miss team
- a 24 point win over a mediocre Georgia team (who is ranked despite literally beating 1 team all year that is over .500 - Georgia Southern).

So, they had 2, maybe 3 good games this year. In your words, making a judgement on a team based on only 3 games is incredibly dumb. Other than those 2-3 games, they had 5 wins over bottom dwellers by 10 points or less, 2 blowout losses, another 7 point loss, a win vs. a horrible mid-major and a win vs. a 5-7 conference team.

Again, for the final time, Florida is trash and they're extremely lucky to have been able to play in an equally trashy division.

I'm well aware of what they've done this season. Which is why if they beat Michigan, saying they could have gone 11-1 against Ohio States schedule is extremely possible. Are you aware that Florida has beaten more ranked teams than Ohio State did?