• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida Recruiting...

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the contrary, UGA proves the point. If we can't get over the Bama hump with the talent we have, what makes you think you can do it without anywhere near close the talent?

As for average coaching, two things: (1) last I checked recruiting is the most important part of college coaching. Yours isn't very good at it. (2) Smart has been a head coach for 4 years. I'd say he is above average, and still learning.

I'd rather have a coach who is a lights out recruiter, who is young and learning how to be a head coach, than a coach who is purportedly a great game coach but awkward as hell and can't recruit.
:fify:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dabo could be doing better job in development. :noidea::ninja:
Sure ... that could be part of it. Could also be that he is a really good evaluator of non blue chip talent. That said, his past few classes are top rated. He has also been very fortunate/lucky in 2 ways: (1) he hasn't had massive coaching turnover. I really think that is a huge part of his success; and (2) he's bee lucky on the injury front. He had two classes where he took a total of 31 commits. Depth was/is thin. Those classes are coming into the Jr and Sr years. Will be interesting to see if they affect their play.

At the end of the day, the path to the CFP is far easier in the ACC.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bama hump? No, it's not just Alabama. Georgia got demolished by LSU and lost to USCe last season. Lost to both LSU and Bama 2 seasons ago, and then Auburn and Alabama 3 seasons ago. It gets worse from there. It's not a bama hump, it's a coaching hump.

So you admit you would rather have some of the best talent out there, and keep losing due to coaching. That's exactly what we have come to expect with UGA fans. You are happy with 2+ losses every season, just like how it has been the past 17 seasons for Georgia.

Great job Georgia. Keep it up. :suds:
Follow along ... you were saying the gap at the top isn't big. The top of the SEC is and has been Bama. Yes, LSU was great last year, but the top of the SEC is Bama right now, period. Then you have LSU and UGA. That's the upper level of the SEC - Bama, then LSU and UGA - UF isn't that group.

We still remember you losing to GaSouthern, and Kentucky under Mullen, so you don't want to go there. Yes, we got beat by LSU last year in the SECCG, there is no shame in that. Getting upset by USCjr was horrible, something we didn't think we would see any more. We got beat by Auburn and then won the SEC by beating them while you were at home watching. Lost to Bama in NC final and the SECCG both times while you were at home watching and being irrelevant. Other than the USCjr upset, we were playing in relevant and championship games while you were at home watching.

Our coach who you think is average is 3-0 as a HC against your "great" coach. The combined score is is Smart 91 Mullen 37. Since your "great" coach has been a head coach, he is 0-11 against our coach as a DC or HC. Zero wins, 11 losses. I'll take Smart as a recruiter, and a young growing HC.

Finally, don't put words in my mouth. I want the best talent out there, and want to win. I am not happy with 2 loss seasons, exactly what you are bragging about with Mullen. Since Smart has been at UGA for 4 years:

3 SECE titles
1 SEC title
1 CFP Semi-final win
OT loss in NC game

Mullen in 11 years as a head coach has none of the above. In his last 4 years at MSU, your great coach was 2-12 against ranked teams, and was 0-8 against top 10 teams and 2-4 against top 25 teams. Before you respond with, well that was at MSU, remember you are the one arguing that coaching is more important than talent. So don't @ back that he will be better at UF with better talent, because you just said that it doesn't matter ... that he can coach the players up. Evidently, not.

Finally, we will keep it up ... winning that is. It's 3-0 right now with you ... that will be the way it is for a long time to come. Get used to it.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure ... that could be part of it. Could also be that he is a really good evaluator of non blue chip talent. That said, his past few classes are top rated. He has also been very fortunate/lucky in 2 ways: (1) he hasn't had massive coaching turnover. I really think that is a huge part of his success; and (2) he's bee lucky on the injury front. He had two classes where he took a total of 31 commits. Depth was/is thin. Those classes are coming into the Jr and Sr years. Will be interesting to see if they affect their play.

The path to the CFP is much easier in every conference when compared to the SEC. The B1G is second but by a wide margin.

When you look at the scores the only team in the country that is truly competing with the SEC right now is Clemson. Even Ohio State and Oklahoma can't truly make that claim (but they will right after I post this).

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. ANd he may be a really good evaluator of BLUE CHIP talent as well. Not all those highly rated recruits turn out to be as good as advertised. A lot of such was Mack Brown's problem at Texas. I think Saban is good at sifting and sorting those blue chips and getting those he believes in.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow along ... you were saying the gap at the top isn't big. The top of the SEC is and has been Bama. Yes, LSU was great last year, but the top of the SEC is Bama right now, period. Then you have LSU and UGA. That's the upper level of the SEC - Bama, then LSU and UGA - UF isn't that group.

We still remember you losing to GaSouthern, and Kentucky under Mullen, so you don't want to go there. Yes, we got beat by LSU last year in the SECCG, there is no shame in that. Getting upset by USCjr was horrible, something we didn't think we would see any more. We got beat by Auburn and then won the SEC by beating them while you were at home watching. Lost to Bama in NC final and the SECCG both times while you were at home watching and being irrelevant. Other than the USCjr upset, we were playing in relevant and championship games while you were at home watching.

Our coach who you think is average is 3-0 as a HC against your "great" coach. The combined score is is Smart 91 Mullen 37. Since your "great" coach has been a head coach, he is 0-11 against our coach as a DC or HC. Zero wins, 11 losses. I'll take Smart as a recruiter, and a young growing HC.

Finally, don't put words in my mouth. I want the best talent out there, and want to win. I am not happy with 2 loss seasons, exactly what you are bragging about with Mullen. Since Smart has been at UGA for 4 years:

3 SECE titles
1 SEC title
1 CFP Semi-final win
OT loss in NC game

Mullen in 11 years as a head coach has none of the above. In his last 4 years at MSU, your great coach was 2-12 against ranked teams, and was 0-8 against top 10 teams and 2-4 against top 25 teams. Before you respond with, well that was at MSU, remember you are the one arguing that coaching is more important than talent. So don't @ back that he will be better at UF with better talent, because you just said that it doesn't matter ... that he can coach the players up. Evidently, not.

Finally, we will keep it up ... winning that is. It's 3-0 right now with you ... that will be the way it is for a long time to come. Get used to it.
No shame in getting completely outclassed by LSU, and losing to USCe? Gator fan's get upset when that type of thing happens, yet UGA is unwavering in their demand to be placed in the upper echelon of college football for those results.

1980 was a long time ago.

Enjoy your standard 2+ losses per season I guess :noidea:

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The path to the CFP is much easier in every conference when compared to the SEC.
I don't know about that. the SEC is the only conference that placed two teams in the same playoff pool. And it happened recently in pre-playoff history as well with LSU and Alabama in the 2012 bowl.

SEC is the perfect platform for good teams to really shine, and in other conferences they may get passed over because of a slip.

The only issue is that the teams either be, or get past, the upper echelon of college football to get that chance (Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Florida). :heh:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shame in getting completely outclassed by LSU, and losing to USCe? Gator fan's get upset when that type of thing happens, yet UGA is unwavering in their demand to be placed in the upper echelon of college football for those results.

1980 was a long time ago.

Enjoy your standard 2+ losses per season I guess :noidea:
Dude ... of course I wanted to win and wasn't happy at all when it happened. That's what fans do. But, if you think I am going to get all broken up about losing the the 15-0 NC, which arguably had the best season in the history of college football, you're nuts. Like I said, there is no shame in losing the the best team ever in college football.

If you could read you would see that I didn't say there was no shame in losing to USCjr. Plenty of shame there. So quit putting words in my mouth to support your narrative. Just like you losing to GaSouthern, Kentucky, etc. that's not a good thing.

We demand to be put at the top because today we are one of the top teams. I knew 1980 was coming up ... it's all you Gators have since we own you now. For someone who hasn't been relevant for a decade or more, you sure come across cocky. Maybe beat us in Jax before you mouth off.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issue is that the teams either be, or get past, the upper echelon of college football to get that chance (Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Florida). :heh:
UF doesn't belong on that list, and you know it.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude ... of course I wanted to win and wasn't happy at all when it happened. That's what fans do. But, if you think I am going to get all broken up about losing the the 15-0 NC, which arguably had the best season in the history of college football, you're nuts. Like I said, there is no shame in losing the the best team ever in college football.

If you could read you would see that I didn't say there was no shame in losing to USCjr. Plenty of shame there. So quit putting words in my mouth to support your narrative. Just like you losing to GaSouthern, Kentucky, etc. that's not a good thing.

We demand to be put at the top because today we are one of the top teams. I knew 1980 was coming up ... it's all you Gators have since we own you now. For someone who hasn't been relevant for a decade or more, you sure come across cocky. Maybe beat us in Jax before you mouth off.
In post #91, I gave my honest, and cordial, assessment of where Mullen/Florida stood within the SEC. So now you say I am mouthing off, because I'm not praising 2+ loss per season Georgia? :nono:

UGA didn't just lose to LSU; they were demolished start to finish two years straight. UGA demonstrated that they aren't quite there yet, despite having top recruits. UGA's preparation and game-day coaching is par at best. You said that Smart is learning... How many more years will you give him before deeming him Richt 2.0?

It's funny how you have to keep going back to (UGA alumi) Muschamp's failed performance as head coach of the Gators, to make a case as to why Mullen isn't doing well at Florida. Who buys your nonsense? :pound:

Get your shit together dwag, and learn how to make a case.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In post #91, I gave my honest, and cordial, assessment of where Mullen/Florida stood within the SEC. So now you say I am mouthing off, because I'm not praising 2+ loss per season Georgia? :nono:

UGA didn't just lose to LSU; they were demolished start to finish two years straight. UGA demonstrated that they aren't quite there yet, despite having top recruits. UGA's preparation and game-day coaching is par at best. You said that Smart is learning... How many more years will you give him before deeming him Richt 2.0?

It's funny how you have to keep going back to (UGA alumi) Muschamp's failed performance as head coach of the Gators, to make a case as to why Mullen isn't doing well at Florida. Who buys your nonsense? :pound:

Get your shit together dwag, and learn how to make a case.
Stop with the cordial nonsense ... after post 91, you had 97, 99, and 106 where you attacked Smart and UGA. I have no problem with that ... that's what people do on sportsboards, and what I would expect a UF fan to say about UGA. So don't start whining about you trying to be cordial and all, and that I'm a meany. Tear the lace of your panties and mix it up, but don't go all whiny on me. And.. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean I didn't make my case. But to help out, I'll type slowly for you:

1. UGA is out-recruiting UF by a mile ... you stick with your I hope MuLLLEn can coach them up routine.
2. Smart, the "average" coach, is 3-1 against UF, 3-0 against your "great" coach, 11-0 against your coach all-time as a DC/HC. But, sure, keep saying how terrible he is and how great MuLLLen is, evidence notwithstanding.
3. MuLLLen has never won anything since he has been a HC. 11 years, no division championships, no conference championships or appearances, no NCs or appearances. So, you can put down Smart all you want, but MuLLLen has done absolutely nothing.
4. How am I going back to Muschamp days? I am talking all about MuLLLen now ... all he has done is give you the 2 and 3 loss seasons that according to you suck so bad. And he has done that without the 5 CCGs and CFP games that Smart got UGA into.
5. How many years will Smart get? As long as he keeps recruiting like he is doing, wins an SECC ever 3 years, and gets into the CFP every 3 years, he will be at UGA for a long time. We need to win the NC at some point, obviously, but if he does what I just said often enough, he will be around for a long time. How many times does Smart have to beat down MuLLLen before he moves on?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with the cordial nonsense ... after post 91, you had 97, 99, and 106 where you attacked Smart and UGA. I have no problem with that ... that's what people do on sportsboards, and what I would expect a UF fan to say about UGA. So don't start whining about you trying to be cordial and all, and that I'm a meany. Tear the lace of your panties and mix it up, but don't go all whiny on me. And.. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean I didn't make my case. But to help out, I'll type slowly for you:

1. UGA is out-recruiting UF by a mile ... you stick with your I hope MuLLLEn can coach them up routine.
2. Smart, the "average" coach, is 3-1 against UF, 3-0 against your "great" coach, 11-0 against your coach all-time as a DC/HC. But, sure, keep saying how terrible he is and how great MuLLLen is, evidence notwithstanding.
3. MuLLLen has never won anything since he has been a HC. 11 years, no division championships, no conference championships or appearances, no NCs or appearances. So, you can put down Smart all you want, but MuLLLen has done absolutely nothing.
4. How am I going back to Muschamp days? I am talking all about MuLLLen now ... all he has done is give you the 2 and 3 loss seasons that according to you suck so bad. And he has done that without the 5 CCGs and CFP games that Smart got UGA into.
5. How many years will Smart get? As long as he keeps recruiting like he is doing, wins an SECC ever 3 years, and gets into the CFP every 3 years, he will be at UGA for a long time. We need to win the NC at some point, obviously, but if he does what I just said often enough, he will be around for a long time. How many times does Smart have to beat down MuLLLen before he moves on?
Are you Kirby Smart IRL? I don't think so... thus, my telling the truth about his inability to do his job shouldn't impact you at all. Thanks for the list. I too will type slowly and use numbers. This is neat!

1. Yup as we agreed, Smart is out performing on the recruiting trail, then choking on the playing filed. I'm okay with this result. Just gotta tip the scale in the favor of the good guys for years to come, and we are golden.
2. Ok. I will.
3. All signs indicate thats changing.
4. You kept mentioning Georgia Southern. That was your boy Muschamp. Not Mullen. Do you pull that kind of crap in court too?
5. Let's both hope he stays to continue the performance of "almost".

Im glad you are satisfied with 2+ losses per year and 0 national championships. That solidifies Georgia as higher than average SEC team...

Consider me whelmed.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you sure come across cocky. Maybe beat us in Ja

you got this now what GIF