• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida Has Moved On To Chip Kelly Because....

Why Has Florida Moved On From Frost To Chip Kelly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I not believe any of it.

When @OregonDucks moves in with @JuiceTheGator as his landscaper/gardener & pissboy, will you believe it then?

giphy.gif

ImmenseVillainousFantail.gif

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple sources are reporting that Florida has reached out to NFL teams to vet Chip Kelly and doing NCAA background checks on his time at Oregon.

I thought they'd 'Zero'd In On Frost' with an offer he couldn't refuse?

What gives?

You may select two options.

If this is the case, then a whole lot of their A and B list candidates have already turned them down. Like how Oregon had to settle with 0 Touchdown Taggart when Uncle Phil was getting turned down by all their A list guys like Schiano.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Chip at Nebraska if Frost were unavailable.

He can put the pieces together consistently, and that is what separates a good coach from a bad coach. If he were still at Oregon they'd have been play-off contenders the last few years IMO.

With USC off sanctions and Petersen now at Washington?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

P.S. You think your defense is bad now? Wait till Chipster gets a hold of it and also tries to run that gimmick offense against teams like Ohio St and Penn St every year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With USC off sanctions and Petersen now at Washington?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

P.S. You think your defense is bad now? Wait till Chipster gets a hold of it and also tries to run that gimmick offense against teams like Ohio St and Penn St every year.
BIGW is a different animal.

You get Illinois and Purdue every year.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Florida's record with Urban Meyer up in they: 65-15 (winning percentage = .813)
What Florida's record since Urban Meyer bizounced: 85-51 (winning percentage = .625)
What Florida fan sees every time he shuts his eyes and imagines glory days :idea: :

View attachment 169330 , etc.

Hardly.

Steve Spurrier opens up about Jim McElwain, Florida football, Gators' coaching search

The offense we ran in the 90s, that’s not what they do here now. People always say, ‘Well, Coach Spurrier, why don’t you give them some ball plays?’ I say, ‘Listen, every play that we ran in the ’90s is there on video at the University of Florida. If they want to go back and watch Danny Wuerffel and Shane Matthews throw all those touchdown passes — we led the nation in touchdown passes through the 90s, more than any other school — it’s all on tape there. Go back and watch it. They don’t do that. Coaches coach what they know, and they coach how they’re comfortable coaching. And the way we coach at Florida now is not the way we coached back then. I’m not saying ours was a whole lot better – maybe it was – but they’re trying the best they can to coach what they know. It was hard for me to try to give some positive ball plays here and there.”

“There’s probably three guys in America that could coach the way I tried to coach it back in the ’90s. Shane Matthews is one of them. I watched his son Luke the other day on video; he took his steps, looked to the left and all of a sudden fired the perfect strike to Keith Kelsey’s son going down the right sideline. I said, ‘Dang.’ … Shane can coach the way we coach. Danny Wuerffel could. And son Steve [Spurrier] Jr. Steve Jr. was with me about 17 years as a coach, and he was a ball boy at Duke. My son Steve Jr. could coach this offense. Those three guys could run an offense similar to what we did in the ’90s. There’s a lot of running in there; it’s not all passing. You can’t just give somebody a ball play. The quarterbacks got to know [the decisions, progressions and options]. Things like that have to be taught in repetition all the way through spring ball, through the summer and then preseason and then the season. That’s how you develop a really good quarterback.”

26_4615573.jpg

Last edited:

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No option for, "Gator tater salad has a squirt of squirt in it!" - and we aren't talking soda either.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seriously, I'm so relieved to hear we're moving away from another up-and-comer mid major coach. After the last two absolute fucking disasters, the time to try to be clever has passed. Get the old man in there with the long resume and have him run the program correctly.

You can have Brian Kelly if you want him. Can't guarantee the second part of your last sentence though.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah...meant he "wouldn't even DO fundraisers." CUM was a dick. Add that to he had a chronic social/anxiety disorder and he refused to do more than a couple fundraisers per year. Alumni didn't appreciate that shit.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah...meant he "wouldn't even DO fundraisers." CUM was a dick. Add that to he had a chronic social/anxiety disorder and he refused to do more than a couple fundraisers per year. Alumni didn't appreciate that shit.
I asked what as in who the fuck is CUM? why do people use these nicknames that nobody understands but them and maybe a few others from their team?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked what as in who the fuck is CUM? why do people use these nicknames that nobody understands but them and maybe a few others from their team?

You know that one...just forgot. For over a decade that's meant Coach Urban Meyer. You may have seen it as "CUMstain."

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh? I think the vast majority on sports message boards know the acronym 'CUM' stands for Corch Urban Meyer. It's been out for years.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh? I think the vast majority on sports message boards know the acronym 'CUM' stands for Corch Urban Meyer. It's been out for years.
I have never heard or seen that before in reference to him. Ive seen it for Michigan

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These guys will take any excuse they can get to talk about 'semen' :noidea: