• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flopping

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fining for it is a joke. No one cares.

Make refs make a habit of shying away from giving the calls to people who repeatedly flop. Instead of fining, just name, shame, then don't give them the close calls.

Boy who cried wolf shit - the only way to effectively fight floppers.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After they are fined, give them a TF at the start of their next game.
$5k is a joke with what these guys make.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine if flopping was in style during the Bad Boys era? Of course, that is back when men were still men in the NBA.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an interesting comment somewhere else about flopping.

Anyone who supports flopping and deceiving the refs have no right to bitch when they get a call wrong.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Which is why I support deliberately calling every close call against them. They're the reason you can't trust your eyes. Why should they get the benefit of the doubt?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine if flopping was in style during the Bad Boys era? Of course, that is back when men were still men in the NBA.
Bad Boy Bill Laimbeer made flopping into an art. I take it you never saw him play?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fining was the first step. There is also a wall of shame I believe?

Next year they will probably look to make greater strides.

I do not think that starting the game with a T is the correct response but awarding a T probably is. They add up and eventually they will be suspended. That will probably do much more than fining.

They could even separate it and call it an F foul and make the number much smaller before suspensions are handed out.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Boy Bill Laimbeer made flopping into an art. I take it you never saw him play?

That is true. I wasn't really thinking of him. I grew up during the Bad Boy era but Lambier was not one of the guys I liked.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They cant review for flopping during the game. The games would last 4 hours. A change in culture is needed to deal with flopping. Namely the refs calling fouls correctly and consistently.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They cant review for flopping during the game. The games would last 4 hours. A change in culture is needed to deal with flopping. Namely the refs calling fouls correctly and consistently.

Who said review for flopping during a game?

A better change in culture is to make flopping hurt you and your team for real, not with a bullshit fine or foul after the fact, but by calling any close plays against the people who make a habit of flopping.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said review for flopping during a game?

A better change in culture is to make flopping hurt you and your team for real, not with a bullshit fine or foul after the fact, but by calling any close plays against the people who make a habit of flopping.
Just pointing out that it would be hard for the ref to make a determination in a game if someone is flopping. If so how can they side against you in any close calls during that game?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on a game to game basis. Just put a point of emphasis on the people who consistently flop, and take every call away from them. They'll learn quick.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not on a game to game basis. Just put a point of emphasis on the people who consistently flop, and take every call away from them. They'll learn quick.
The refs making inconsistent calls still needs to be addressed. That is probably the motivation for a lot of the flopping.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. But the calls are much harder when someone is on the ground after every play, foul or not. Address flopping and it will be much easier to get consistency in the calls.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and John Stockton were the founders of the art of flopping.

Stockton. That may be where the Spurs picked up the idea to flop so much. The Jazz were the team that tortured the Spurs like no other during the 90s.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too me, flopping is when there is barely to no contact made at all.

Then there is the probable foul on the defensive player but the offensive guy exaggerates the excessiveness of the contact to sell it (or vice versa) If the ref was going to call it and see's the sell job, then call fouls on both of them. Then maybe have a jump ball between the 2 players.

The NHL does it somewhat that way. If they see it's a penalty and they are going to call it but the player try's to over sell it, then he goes to the box also for 2mins for unsportsman like conduct.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too me, flopping is when there is barely to no contact made at all.

Then there is the probable foul on the defensive player but the offensive guy exaggerates the excessiveness of the contact to sell it (or vice versa) If the ref was going to call it and see's the sell job, then call fouls on both of them. Then maybe have a jump ball between the 2 players.

The NHL does it somewhat that way. If they see it's a penalty and they are going to call it but the player try's to over sell it, then he goes to the box also for 2mins for unsportsman like conduct.
Thats pretty hard to do real time. I agree if they see it and have no doubt. Otherwise it slows down the game. If a foul is a foul no matter who is involved people would stop flopping. Make the refs earn their money by accessing fines for blatant missed calls.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck fining them. Do a rating system like I believe (just off the top of my head, no source) the NFL does, on percentage of good calls, and fire the ones who suck.