• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flecther Cox gets paid

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood why some people think the cap is so awful. Everyone has an even playing field, that's a lot better than baseball where some teams like the Yankees and Dodgers can spend over $200 million, and other teams spend a quarter of that or less.

I don't care much about an even playing field. I kind of like dynasties.

I don't like player movement and I don't like a different winner every year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if your 3 team choices are any indication yeah that is pretty obvious.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy to say when you're a fan of the Cowboys and Patriots, two teams that would be among the most to benefit if there were no cap.

Call me crazy, I like every team to have the same starting point. Then it's up to their management to build the best team without the advantage of being able to spend 4 times what other teams spend.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to say when you're a fan of the Cowboys and Patriots, two teams that would be among the most to benefit if there were no cap.

Call me crazy, I like every team to have the same starting point. Then it's up to their management to build the best team without the advantage of being able to spend 4 times what other teams spend.

I think fans have also spoken in the sense of the NFL being now the most popular sport in America. Baseball on the other hand is struggling some to sell tickets and tv viewing seems to be steadily decreasing. Not saying the Cap is the only reason for either of those things but I do think fans love the idea that my bottom feeding team could quickly recover. I mean Broncos went from 4-12 in 2010 to 2 Super Bowls over the past 5 seasons. I love that my team can stand a chance of doing that even with an owner in the bottom 10 of actual net value.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dream about it because I think the Cowboys would benefit from it.

I simply hate the cap. I hate it in hockey too.

Kill the cap. Slit it's throat. Drink it's blood.......
:eek: @jarntt backs away slowly, stops fucking with Hank, says Tom Brady is innocent and was framed after all...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dream about it because I think the Cowboys would benefit from it.

I simply hate the cap. I hate it in hockey too.

Kill the cap. Slit it's throat. Drink it's blood.......

I still haven't heard a reason why you hate it. Look, the NHL's Canadian teams have enough trouble in the last 20 years competing against their larger brethren in the US. How bad would it get if the Rangers get to spend as much money as they like every year? If the tax haven, better weather US could ALSO offer significantly more money to play there?

Hey, maybe we could get to just the Leafs existing, like in baseball and basketball.

That'd be awesome!

TSN and Sportsnet wouldn't even have to pretend to care about the rest of the league anymore. All TO all the time.

Woo-haw. Sign me the fuck up!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A cautionary tale Hank.

Les Habs could go the same way.

EXPOS_05.jpg

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're crazy....

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still haven't heard a reason why you hate it.

Read my lips.

It's artificial, I like dynasties and I don't like to see different teams winning every year.

I've said all somewhere here before this...

And again, I don't have to justify. I just hate caps.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free country no?

Lets fee enterprise too...

It is a free country. You have the right to cheer for some of the biggest dynasties in American sports history but it definitely isn't for everyone. That is what makes football so great in it is very difficult to stay at the top because of the Cap. There are also so many different ways to go about building a championship caliber team. Gives all fans lots of hope at this time of year that their team will find success.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're crazy....
And yet, your profile indicates you're a fan of the Cowboys, Patriots, and Canadiens, who happen to play in the sports with hard caps.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to have caps. The Packers would pretty much be over. Not only that the Seahawks starting team would be:

QB R. Wilson
RB Adrian Peterson
WR Dez Bryant
WR Odell B Jr.
TE Gronk

DE Aaron Donald
DE JJ Watt
LB Von Miller
LB Kahlil Mack
CB J Norman

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, if Dontari Poe tries to wiggle his way into the top DT market like Dareus and now Cox have next year- he can be grossly overpaid somewhere else. I don't care how versatile he is.

Cox is a top DT. Too bad you don't get to eat your foot until the 2017 season.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey this is a terrific discussion with serious implications for the future of the league but you guys do know that Tom Brady cheated, right?

Just checking.

He had trouble with Fletcher Cox. Fletcher Cox hurried Brady 14 times and sacked the Patriot's season (had to travel to Denver).

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why shouldn't we give the benefit of the doubt that the teams can handle their cap business?
I'm asking about expanded rosters and a higher cap to accommodate the additional players would be in play.

So you can either take that as truth, or double down again, (and speak slower, so my obviously tiny brain can follow the wisdom you're putting down)

See now there's passive aggressive!
yep...I nailed your intensions with your first reply.
some here just gotta squat to pee