• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flecther Cox gets paid

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long can the market bear it? You can keep raising the cap for these quickly exploding contracts but the revenue stream is finite.

It's a % of revenues. By definition it can't go more than they can afford. If the revenue goes down, the cap goes down, and contracts will go down. With the TV deals however, the NFL is printing money.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cowboys fan I too wish they'd abolish the cap.

I just hate the thing.

It's artificial.

It doesn't limit stupidity on any 1 player but the lower ranks as always pay....

I'd like to see an owner or 2 fall on his financial sword.

I don't care how much they make, they can still easily fuck it all up.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

They're getting their 49% piece of the pie. Lots of money to go around.
absolutely no problem with the percentage.
IMO rosters need expanding as the number that dress on game day. Can't do that when 10 guys on a team make 10M plus per.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely no problem with the percentage.
IMO rosters need expanding as the number that dress on game day. Can't do that when 10 guys on a team make 10M plus per.

Sure you can. Each team has to decide what strategy works best in building and keeping (paying) its roster. If a team decides that paying an impact D lineman who can rush the passer an extra four million per year is more advantageous than having three or four minimum salary guys to play special teams, then they'll make that decision.

The TOTAL salary of the entire team is a % of the revenue stream. The team then decides how to divy that up. Who are you to tell them how to do it? Why is teams gambling on stars going to 'wreck' the league, or 'kill' the league?

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate the thing.

It's artificial.

It doesn't limit stupidity on any 1 player but the lower ranks as always pay....

I'd like to see an owner or 2 fall on his financial sword.

I don't care how much they make, they can still easily fuck it all up.

If you hate the Seahawks now, just wait till Paul 'I've got more money than the rest of the NFL owners combined' Allen doesn't have to worry about a salary cap.

Whatta you mean the Seahawks have signed JJ Watt and Travis Frederick?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you hate the Seahawks now, just wait till Paul 'I've got more money than the rest of the NFL owners combined' Allen doesn't have to worry about a salary cap.

But will Paul be a owner willing to do so.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But will Paul be a owner willing to do so.

Why not? I'm not kidding about the scale of his money. Maybe that's changed in the last few years, but a number of years back, that was accurate. Hell, he spent money on the team BEFORE he even bought it, making sure that they actually drafted Walter Jones.

Seahawks nearly passed on Walter Jones in 1997 draft, until Paul Allen came to rescue

Now to be clear, I wouldn't expect him to be 'stupid,' but if he wanted to outbid Jerry forinstance, he could.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? I'm not kidding about the scale of his money. Maybe that's changed in the last few years, but a number of years back, that was accurate. Hell, he spent money on the team BEFORE he even bought it, making sure that they actually drafted Walter Jones.

Now to be clear, I wouldn't expect him to be 'stupid,' but if he wanted to outbid Jerry forinstance, he could.
Oh I know he has the money, just don't know if he's willing to spend it on the NFL.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know he has the money, just don't know if he's willing to spend it on the NFL.

Why? He's certainly spent it on all other facets of the team that aren't covered under the salary cap.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you can. Each team has to decide what strategy works best in building and keeping (paying) its roster. If a team decides that paying an impact D lineman who can rush the passer an extra four million per year is more advantageous than having three or four minimum salary guys to play special teams, then they'll make that decision.

The TOTAL salary of the entire team is a % of the revenue stream. The team then decides how to divy that up. Who are you to tell them how to do it? Why is teams gambling on stars going to 'wreck' the league, or 'kill' the league?

It's an opinion dude just like the dribble you spew here

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an opinion dude just like the dribble you spew here

Heh. I don't make up the maths there sport. A percentage is, you know, a percentage.

I never said you can't have your opinion, I just disagreed with it. Apparently that makes it 'dribble.'

Carry on.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cox and like most observers I think he will only get better in a 4-3 defense instead of playing two-gap DE like he did last year.

That said, this is a lot of money. I think they might have had to overpay here. He has not really produced to this level IMO. They are paying him in part on expectations of what is to come.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most guaranteed money spent since January 1
1 Eagles: $280M
2 Giants: $141M
3 Washington: $114M
4 Ravens: $114M
5 Jags: $104M

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the most part, I like what the Eagles did. They locked down younger guys like Fletcher Cox, Lane Johnson and Zach Ertz that are likely to be key pieces of the franchise for years to come. Other than signing Bradford, I think they made solid moves. But yes, the guaranteed money is high considering guys do get hurt in this league and have careers cut short.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones didn't have money to spend after paying Romo, Dez etc or he would have done it too. Also, Stephen Jones has kept Jerrah in check, which is bad for the NFC East. We need Jerrah back, the guy who traded two firsts for an aging Joey Galloway and otherwise screwed up the roster!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. I don't make up the maths there sport. A percentage is, you know, a percentage.

I never said you can't have your opinion, I just disagreed with it. Apparently that makes it 'dribble.'

Carry on.
call it whatever sport.
my first sentence to your reply..."absolutely no problem with the percentage"

let me slow it down for ya.
I give a rats ass if the cap explodes and 25 guys makes 10 plus mil. I think the product is lacking in depth through training and advocated for expanded rosters and more game day participates.

yep...you said a whole lot about nothing. Perhaps you'll have more input to the point next time. Chin Up.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could live with that. No guarantees they'd win. They'd just be overpaid. And just as prone to injury as before.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones didn't have money to spend after paying Romo, Dez etc or he would have done it too. Also, Stephen Jones has kept Jerrah in check, which is bad for the NFC East. We need Jerrah back, the guy who traded two firsts for an aging Joey Galloway and otherwise screwed up the roster!
It could be worse, Jerry could have hired Chip.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be worse, Jerry could have hired Chip.

This would have been the perfect solution.. If that happened, I would be camping on the 'Boys board watching you all dropping the f.. bombs on each other. You guys would make the politic forum look like the minor league. lol.