• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisher's Last Year?

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Jeff Fisher is going into the final year of his 5 year 35 million dollar contract and has yet to have a winning season. First does our owner want to win with will he have a new coach after this next season? We know he will coach the Rams back into LA next season but is there someone on the horizon for the brand new stadium? The high profile LA market and stadium will want the Rams to again achieve greatness, can Fisher do that? What high profile coach could walk into the stadium and turn the Rams back to winners? Just thoughts to consume in the off season.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan could care less, that's what sucks!

If he wants to prove to me that he wants to win, well the first offseason move I want to see him make is getting rid of the worthless Titan rejects and bringing in a couple of stud receivers. I tell you right now if Kenny Britt and Jarod Cook are still on this team come next June, well then you just might count me out as a fan in 2016. These 2 are a complete joke and you know they are Fishers boys! Well hell, the majority of our receiving corps Brian Quick, Lance Kendricks, didn't amount to squat either. This is an area that we have been hurting at for a long time. Our offence will always be 30th in the league with these knuckleheads!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Fisher is still the head coach of the Rams is because of Inglewood...:nod:
He will be gone in 2017....finally!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan could care less, that's what sucks!

If he wants to prove to me that he wants to win, well the first offseason move I want to see him make is getting rid of the worthless Titan rejects and bringing in a couple of stud receivers. I tell you right now if Kenny Britt and Jarod Cook are still on this team come next June, well then you just might count me out as a fan in 2016. These 2 are a complete joke and you know they are Fishers boys! Well hell, the majority of our receiving corps Brian Quick, Lance Kendricks, didn't amount to squat either. This is an area that we have been hurting at for a long time. Our offence will always be 30th in the league with these knuckleheads!

I really wish that Quick could've stayed healthy last year during the 2014 season. It seemed like he was finally starting to break out and then when he came back this past season, he was back to his non-existent self.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so hard to evaluate the individual pieces of this passing game, since the whole is badly broken. Cook and Britt were free agency "gets" that the Rams either overbid (Cook) or nobody else really wanted (Britt). I agree that both need to go. Too many drops and lack of blocking ability for Cook, and Britt just disappears for long stretches. Britt could be an OK 4th receiver, but not at that salary.

The OL seems to be coming along slowly, but really more as rush blockers than pass blockers. Until GRob gets fixed/moved/replaced and the center gets upgraded, we can't even see the upside of the kids drafted last year truly. Until all of that happens, the QBs are sitting ducks and can't get the passing game rolling either. Stuck in an infinite loop it seems, regardless of which uninspiring OC is calling the plays.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel like Fischer is still gonna be here for awhile kind of like Tom Coughlin except no superbowls and less winning seasons.....i guess the offseason will show us what stan is up to

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Fisher isn't going anywhere, in fact, he will get an extension before the 2016 season starts. This was Stan's plan all along (the move to LA with California native Jeff Fisher running the show). It just took longer than expected. So live with it!!!!!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan not only wants to have a winning team in his new digs but he must have a winner. The Rams need to catch on big time in LA and the fastest way to do that is to win and win often. If Fisher has another lack luster season I believe he is gone in 2017.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to pile on - we all know how I feel about Fisher!

The important thing to remember is that the whole process of relocation - from the politics in St. Louis and Los Angeles to the investment in land and construction to the back door approval by the owners - will require winning for it all to be worth it not only from Kroenke's bottom line but also to the broader NFL's marketing interests for increased future revenue streams (tv, cable, radio, merchandising, etc.).

Winning is Los Angeles is a must in the near future. Kroenke must determine if we need another high profile coach or if we go the assistant route. A major deciding factor for me is the nature of the type of quarterback you want manning (no pun intended) the position.

If our future is going to be a quarterback in the Brady/Roethlesberger mold, then a head coach who has experience winning with that type must be hired. Look at the Arizona Cardinals example. They had a quarterback named Carson Palmer - he of the pocket passer mold. What did they do with their head coaching decision - hired Bruce Arians! He had the experience with Roethlisberger and Luck, passers who fit the same mold as Carson Palmer!

If our future is going to be a quarterback in the Wilson/Newton mold then a head coach who has experience winning with the scrambler/read option type must be hired.

Look what happened in Washington. Jay Gruden was hired from the Bengals where he coached Andy Dalton - he of the pocket passer mold. The owner wanted him to win with RG3 - he of the scrambler/read option mold. Didn't work, did it!

So if we trade for Brett Hundley or draft Dak Prescott, then I suggest we go after Darrell Bevel of the Seahawks or Mike Shula of the Panthers. These are my top two choices for the scrambler/read option type.

My first choice of head coach for the pocket passer type was Adam Gase and he was snapped up to help Ryan Tannehill of the Dolphins. Now my first choice is........... wait for it...................................

Jon Gruden! He would be the ideal choice for the newly relocated Rams!!!

He's the one to go after if we draft Goff/Wentz/Lynch/Cook or if we stay with Mannion/Keenum/Foles.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden has already stated that he is not interested in being a head coach in the NFL anytime soon for any amount of money. He likes his gig with ESPN, RamCub.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted against getting Darrell Bevel only because if you go on the seahawks board you can see they hate his guts :S

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good on you Red. You are absolutely correct. Bevel is another waste of time AND money.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher and the Rams are working on an extension.

Raminator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher and the Rams are working on an extension.

ESPN Rams reporter Nick Wagoner reports the team is "engaged in talks" with contract-year coach Jeff Fisher and his assistants about extensions.

Only the Rams. Fisher is the epitome of average. He's done little to boost the Rams since he was hired ahead of the 2012 season, and the team's record has actually been getting worse year by year. Fisher seems ignorant to the fact that he needs a real quarterback, not an ineffective "game manager" like Nick Foles or Case Keenum. Anything besides a one-year "extension" that keeps Fisher from being a lame duck in 2016 should be a big disappointment for Rams fans. :L

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fischer has something on stan...like he saw stan kill somebody...