• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First look at the Bears offseason (mock free agents and full draft)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not interested in Michael Thomas nor DHop,but the guy that would be interesting would be interesting is Odell Beckham..........
I never really liked the guy,but mainly cause of cockiness,but he can fllat out play.

Anyone with thoughts on him......??
To a lesser extent it's the same approach with Beckham as it is with Thomas. Just not sure of his existing health and his post injury talent level, plus whether he's worth the $$$ it would take to land him. And again like Thomas, OB is better suited for a team that is already playoff bound and wants to take the extra step.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a lesser extent it's the same approach with Beckham as it is with Thomas. Just not sure of his existing health and his post injury talent level, plus whether he's worth the $$$ it would take to land him. And again like Thomas, OB is better suited for a team that is already playoff bound and wants to take the extra step.

Thomas is done I believe.......hes played s grand total of 10 games in 3 years......

Odell I believe could still get it done......but yes it would remain to be seen if he would play for us and wanting a ring,but he has that and is not a young guy anymore.......as for money,a one year deal with incentives for a second year would be appealing.....

I think Id rather him than anyother in the freeagency wr market......and thats including Keenan Allen who they project as a cap casualty.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh,no biggies......they were gonna f-tag him anyways.......
Yep, pretty much a foregone conclusion from day one. You always hold out that teeny tiny bit of hope, but reality always dominates. Lucky for us, there are still several alternatives out there....at least for now.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care anyways.......dont want him......

Need to fix JFs side of the ball before we need to fix the def........
Well, FWIW, I had already placed Tyree Wilson atop my BPA list well before this story broke. So from that perspective, it doesn't make a huge difference to me. However, it probably does impact how the Bears proceed in the draft, especially if Poles expectedly trades down. I'll tell you one player who's secretly singing songs of joy over this development, and that's Will Anderson. There has long been a back-n-forth between he and Carter as to who would be the first non-QB taken in the draft. That debate sure has been eliminated.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, FWIW, I had already placed Tyree Wilson atop my BPA list well before this story broke. So from that perspective, it doesn't make a huge difference to me. However, it probably does impact how the Bears proceed in the draft, especially if Poles expectedly trades down. I'll tell you one player who's secretly singing songs of joy over this development, and that's Will Anderson. There has long been a back-n-forth between he and Carter as to who would be the first non-QB taken in the draft. That debate sure has been eliminated.

I wonder if it will knock him out of top 10......even tho both charges for racing and reckless driving are misdemeanors.......

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care anyways.......dont want him......

Need to fix JFs side of the ball before we need to fix the def........
You should care. Him dropping in drafts makes our pick less valuable and more likely we take Anderson without trading back.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should care. Him dropping in drafts makes our pick less valuable and more likely we take Anderson without trading back.
I'll continue with the "zero chance that we keep the pick" mantra. I see no reason whatsoever why Carter's drop would affect Poles to the point that he has to give up trading back. It could very well alter his strategy with free agency - ie, does this place an even higher priority on him inking a DT. And we'll probably never know if he was planning to use his first pick on Carter anyway, even with trading back.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll continue with the "zero chance that we keep the pick" mantra. I see no reason whatsoever why Carter's drop would affect Poles to the point that he has to give up trading back. It could very well alter his strategy with free agency - ie, does this place an even higher priority on him inking a DT. And we'll probably never know if he was planning to use his first pick on Carter anyway, even with trading back.
Carter and Anderson were 1a and 1b of the draft. If Carter drops, the idea of trading back with Indy isn’t so enticing since we wouldn’t be getting a dominant defensive force at 4.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter and Anderson were 1a and 1b of the draft. If Carter drops, the idea of trading back with Indy isn’t so enticing since we wouldn’t be getting a dominant defensive force at 4.
Well I can't speak for anyone, but for me it's never been etched in stone that it has to be either Carter or Anderson with our first pick, especially if it turns out that Poles trades out of the top 5, which has always been considered a possibility. Besides, even if we ended up trading back say with Indy, leaving us in the top 4, I'd still be rooting for Poles to take Tyree Wilson, regardless whether Carter and Anderson are still on the board

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking about potential altering of plans, situations like this carry a lot more punch in terms of impact than Carter falling out of consideration:

I've long considered the Panthers as our 2nd best option for a trade back. If Carr ends up signing with them, that would sure muck things up as far as options for Poles. Much bigger impact than Carter's legal snafu.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking about potential altering of plans, situations like this carry a lot more punch in terms of impact than Carter falling out of consideration:

I've long considered the Panthers as our 2nd best option for a trade back. If Carr ends up signing with them, that would sure muck things up as far as options for Poles. Much bigger impact than Carter's legal snafu.

We probably end up with the homtown kid out of Northwestern if we trade with the Panthers. I'm fine with that path, assuming it means other valuable draft picks. Just have to wait and see....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We probably end up with the homtown kid out of Northwestern if we trade with the Panthers. I'm fine with that path, assuming it means other valuable draft picks. Just have to wait and see....

Im assuming you mean Skoronski.......if so,Id be fine with that.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im assuming you mean Skoronski.......if so,Id be fine with that.....
I wouldn't rule out still going D with that pick, but I agree, the farther back we trade, the more likely Poles leans toward the OL, and like both of you, I'd be down with this. One variation tho is if Paris Johnson is also on the board at that point, I might be a bit more inclined to go with him, but that would be more of a 1a/1b, either/or type of scenario. Honestly I don't think you could go wrong with either player.