• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First look at the Bears offseason (mock free agents and full draft)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now, but the Texans are just one half game behind us for the worst record. And their last two games are against the Jags and the Colts. The Jags have been red hot so that's likely a loss, but the Colts game is very winnable. This could get quite interesting in the next couple of weeks.
Guess we can look now. :thumb:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potentially big ramifications for the Broncos beating the Chargers. Seattle has their pick, but the reason it's still important is it allows the Colts to slide into the 4th draft slot. I've been thinking for a while now that the Colts might be our most logical trading partner on draft day. By swapping our #1 for their #4 and whatever else Poles can obtain, this likely guarantees that either Jalen Carter or Will Anderson will still be on the board at the 4th pick.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potentially big ramifications for the Broncos beating the Chargers. Seattle has their pick, but the reason it's still important is it allows the Colts to slide into the 4th draft slot. I've been thinking for a while now that the Colts might be our most logical trading partner on draft day. By swapping our #1 for their #4 and whatever else Poles can obtain, this likely guarantees that either Jalen Carter or Will Anderson will still be on the board at the 4th pick.
I think Jalen Carter is going to be special. If trading back doesn’t guarantee us getting him, then we shouldn’t trade back.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brief look… Agree that the Colts look like the most logical trade partner, but what if the Texans get enamored with one particular QB that Indy is also trying to land? Can we get the 2nd overall AND the 12th overall from Houston? (I understand that in the city of Houston they will ALL be calling for Lovie’s head, saying, “Ya know.. all you had to do was lose that last game, right?)…

My other hypothetical… The Jets… Yeah, they would have to give us a metric shit ton in addition to the 13th pick. My thoughts were Elijah Moore and a boat load of fiture picks… Just spitballing. We should be able to get a king’s ransom here!”

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brief look… Agree that the Colts look like the most logical trade partner, but what if the Texans get enamored with one particular QB that Indy is also trying to land? Can we get the 2nd overall AND the 12th overall from Houston? (I understand that in the city of Houston they will ALL be calling for Lovie’s head, saying, “Ya know.. all you had to do was lose that last game, right?)…

My other hypothetical… The Jets… Yeah, they would have to give us a metric shit ton in addition to the 13th pick. My thoughts were Elijah Moore and a boat load of fiture picks… Just spitballing. We should be able to get a king’s ransom here!”
I'd be surprised if the Texans, even assuming they want to trade up one spot, would give up both their firsts. I see something more along the lines of them throwing in their 2nd round and maybe the 3rd round they have from the Browns as well. The only scenario I see the Texans doing any such swap with the Bears is they're hellbent on taking one of those QBs, ie Bryce Young, and don't want to risk some other team sneaking in there.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans wont be trading up one spot......I already said this in another post.....Why would they when they already had the no.1 sewn up......no way,it would make them incoprehensibly more dumb than they already look now......

Stroud and Young will be their pick.......they are sitting in a very goood spot....

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie Smith is a goddamn hero.

Respect.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie Smith is a goddamn hero.

Respect.

Lovie knew he was going to be fired anyway, won the game, and (then with a wink) said "go bears!"

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans wont be trading up one spot......I already said this in another post.....Why would they when they already had the no.1 sewn up......no way,it would make them incoprehensibly more dumb than they already look now......

Stroud and Young will be their pick.......they are sitting in a very goood spot....
It’s a little early to say the Texans view Young and Stroud interchangeably. The scenario is Houston getting enamored with one of them and not liking the other quite as much. Not saying they’re as dumb as we were with Trubisky, but Houston front office hasn’t exactly been setting the world on fire for the last 5 or 6 years either.

It isn’t a likely scenario, but not out of the realm of possibility either.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it’s highly plausible there was a disconnect with the coach and GM. GM wanted to lose, Lovie did not and won. Lovie gets canned a day later after just one year at the job. All of the sudden everyone wondering why the Texans didn’t tank when that is the obvious move? Go figure. We came around full circle.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s highly plausible there was a disconnect with the coach and GM. GM wanted to lose, Lovie did not and won. Lovie gets canned a day later after just one year at the job. All of the sudden everyone wondering why the Texans didn’t tank when that is the obvious move? Go figure. We came around full circle.

Stephen A. Smith says DiCorsio is racist,thats why Lovie was canned.......2 years in a row now their headcoach gets fired.....along with Crennel a couple years ago.....leave it to him.

I also believe more into Lovie winning that game.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a little early to say the Texans view Young and Stroud interchangeably. The scenario is Houston getting enamored with one of them and not liking the other quite as much. Not saying they’re as dumb as we were with Trubisky, but Houston front office hasn’t exactly been setting the world on fire for the last 5 or 6 years either.

It isn’t a likely scenario, but not out of the realm of possibility either.

I still believe if Houston wants to trade with us,it would be the lower of the two draft picks.....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A. Smith says DiCorsio is racist,thats why Lovie was canned.......2 years in a row now their headcoach gets fired.....along with Crennel a couple years ago.....leave it to him.

I also believe more into Lovie winning that game.......

im curious though why you think the Texans were “incomprehensibly dumb”? Are you suggesting if they were smart they would have just tanked? All of the sudden tanking is no longer incomprehensible to you eh?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im curious though why you think the Texans were “incomprehensibly dumb”? Are you suggesting if they were smart they would have just tanked? All of the sudden tanking is no longer incomprehensible to you eh?

Lol.....what??

It just goes to show players n coaches are not into giving games away.....
Me myself,I just foind it odd,but the trutb will never come out.....

So is it cause DiCorsio is racist,is it because he wanted the no.1 pick.....??

You tell me,cause Ill always be against cheating......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.....what??

It just goes to show players n coaches are not into giving games away.....
Me myself,I just foind it odd,but the trutb will never come out.....

So is it cause DiCorsio is racist,is it because he wanted the no.1 pick.....??

You tell me,cause Ill always be against cheating......

I don’t go around accusing ppl I don’t know of being racist because he fired a black coach. Stephen A is a moron.

Tanking is also not cheating. Texans made a giant mistake winning a meaningless game with a fired coach. That, I am sure of.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t go around accusing ppl I don’t know of being racist because he fired a black coach. Stephen A is a moron.

Tanking is also not cheating. Texans made a giant mistake winning a meaningless game with a fired coach. That, I am sure of.

Thats Stephen A Smith yesterday on First take.....hes a douchebag.

As far as Lovie,did he know he was gonna be fired......that could make the difference in his case.....

Ps,forget Smiths comments,dont wanna ger this board politically motivated.....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Poles is advertising of taking a qb with the no.1......He would have to wowed.

But I just dont see us drafting one.....thats not happening....

If hes gonna advertise the thought,hes gonna have to be more creative.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Poles is advertising of taking a qb with the no.1......He would have to wowed.

But I just dont see us drafting one.....thats not happening....

If hes gonna advertise the thought,hes gonna have to be more creative.
Rope-a-dope and it's poorly disguised at that.