• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fire caldwell

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy had CJ, Tate, and abdullah. This offense should be putting up points. Hes too conservative to coach an offense like this. Bye jim

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Joe goes first though.

Well, I hope he goes first anyway.

Wouldn't be torn up over being wrong either. I'd be fine with being wrong on this one.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy had CJ, Tate, and abdullah. This offense should be putting up points. Hes too conservative to coach an offense like this. Bye jim

Only 14 games to go and they're all outta here.

wolverlion

Father of 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our revolving door of bad coaches or good coaches who seem to get stupid as soon as they put on the Lions polo, it is time to force a major change. I know it will never happen but Ford needs to sell. We have had 2 good years and a handful of decent ones since he has owned the team. WHich is a shame since with Barry being the decent years and noone around him.

He needs to completely clean house if this year continues. Even the secretary needs to go, we seem to have a culture of losing transcending every coach and staff. In a perfect world, him selling the team would be for the best, although I know he is not going to do that.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell would be a good HC only if he has good coordinators on both sides. He has the leadership and organization down. He just can not be involved in either side of the ball. If he can just manage from a high level he is pretty good. When he gets involved with what the coordinators have to do then it becomes a problem. JC will never be a coordinator again IMO. He is a manager not a strategist.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell would be a good HC only if he has good coordinators on both sides. He has the leadership and organization down. He just can not be involved in either side of the ball. If he can just manage from a high level he is pretty good. When he gets involved with what the coordinators have to do then it becomes a problem. JC will never be a coordinator again IMO. He is a manager not a strategist.

Unfortunately, Lombardi just is not very good and will need to go. Barring he grows a brain in the next few games.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Caldwell serves as a better HC than coordinator.. He was on his way out in Baltimore..

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll actually be disappointed if he's retained. Were so used to losing we've actually become attached to a HC who started the season 1-7 then decided to protect the sidelines on a Hail Mary.

I like JBC too, but truth is it doesn't take a genius to let Stafford be Stafford. Austin is an average DC without Suh. I think BQ can do better than this.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is an average DC without Suh.

Stop. If Austin were average, he wouldn't have interviews lined up again after only his 2nd year as a DC to be a head coach. He has coached on the defensive side of the ball (Secondary mostly) for the Seahawks (who went to the SB), Cardinals (who went to the SB) and Baltimore (who went to the SB).

If anything -- Austin brought out the best in Suh. His one year with Austin was his best season since his rookie year. What he did with Detroit's defense this year which was without Suh, Fairley and Levy was a miracle. We didn't have a LB who could drop in coverage. We only had one viable CB and Ihedbigo forgot how to tackle. Without all of that -- do you know we finished with basically the same type of defensive numbers Detroit had from 2010-2013?

I was very skeptical about Austin when we brought him. I laughed we hired not one, but two first time coordinators and thought we were doomed for failure. I was 50% right. Lombardi was atrocious. Austin is the real deal though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop. If Austin were average, he wouldn't have interviews lined up again after only his 2nd year as a DC to be a head coach. He has coached on the defensive side of the ball (Secondary mostly) for the Seahawks (who went to the SB), Cardinals (who went to the SB) and Baltimore (who went to the SB).

If anything -- Austin brought out the best in Suh. His one year with Austin was his best season since his rookie year. What he did with Detroit's defense this year which was without Suh, Fairley and Levy was a miracle. We didn't have a LB who could drop in coverage. We only had one viable CB and Ihedbigo forgot how to tackle. Without all of that -- do you know we finished with basically the same type of defensive numbers Detroit had from 2010-2013?

I was very skeptical about Austin when we brought him. I laughed we hired not one, but two first time coordinators and thought we were doomed for failure. I was 50% right. Lombardi was atrocious. Austin is the real deal though.

You stop. 17th out of 32 is average. Get over it already.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions D had 27 takeaways last year. 18 this year. That's a -9 difference.

Lions O had 20 giveaways last year. 24 giveaways this year. -4 difference.

The D actually regressed worse than the O.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stop. 17th out of 32 is average. Get over it already.

Detroit was ranked 13th-23rd WITH Suh before Austin got here. Austin put the same product on the field without Suh, without Fairley, without Levy, without Walker and Ngata at less than 100% of the 1st half of the season.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions D had 27 takeaways last year. 18 this year. That's a -9 difference.

Lions O had 20 giveaways last year. 24 giveaways this year. -4 difference.

The D actually regressed worse than the O.

I agree -- Detroit did miss Levy this year. When you take the top play maker off the defense -- takeaways will go down.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit was ranked 13th-23rd WITH Suh before Austin got here. Austin put the same product on the field without Suh, without Fairley, without Levy, without Walker and Ngata at less than 100% of the 1st half of the season.

I'm not arguing that he's not a better DC than Gunther and the wide 9. He proved to be a great DC when strapped with an elite player, average without. Let's see what he does at his next stop.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense had 42 sacks in 2014. Without Suh, without Fairley, without Levy -- Detroit had 42 sacks in 2015.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing that he's not a better DC than Gunther and the wide 9. He proved to be a great DC when strapped with an elite player, average without. Let's see what he does at his next stop.

How did that elite player do with Miami? They were an elite defense already. I'm sure Suh took them to the next level.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go play GoldenTee, Mike.

So Suh made more plays than Levy now? Now THAT is impressive. Levy was a 2nd team all-pro OLB in 2014 who finished #2 in the NFL with 151 tackles and led the Lions with 15 TFL.

If Suh were putting up those numbers -- I would've drove the Brinks truck to the Lions HQ so Suh could name his price. :)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did that elite player do with Miami? They were an elite defense already. I'm sure Suh took them to the next level.

You didn't even know the Lions offered Suh a contract that would have made him the highest paid D player in the league. You thought they only tried to make him the highest paid DT. You were wrong, and obviously argued all year using incorrect info.

I don't think you're a bad fan, but you're obviously a casual fan. Explains a lot.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell this casual fan how Suh did without Austin and his Detroit teammates this year? Miami was a top 12 defense in 2014 and one of these top pass defenses in their league. I'm sure Suh took them to the next level.