• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Austin

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi makes an easy scapegoat (see Linehan) but the truth is Austin is just as bad this year without Suh and Levy. Both Lions offense and defense rank 27th after 3 games.

So let's not focus on just the OC.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire the only good coach on the staff. Makes sense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi makes an easy scapegoat (see Linehan) but the truth is Austin is just as bad this year without Suh and Levy. Both Lions offense and defense rank 27th after 3 games.

So let's not focus on just the OC.

Give Mayhew an extension for not grossly overpaying Suh and letting him walk. It is quite obvious after 3 games, Suh is a shell of his former self.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly... The after reading about how players from the other team have been calling what the play is before its ran... someone does need to be held accountable for that... they need to figure out how they know and stop it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly... The after reading about how players from the other team have been calling what the play is before its ran... someone does need to be held accountable for that... they need to figure out how they know and stop it.

This is just a completely random guess. I read something today where Drew Brees was interviewed and he said he could call out 80-90% of the Lions plays just by looking at the formation. Granted -- he played under Lombardi and it is basically the Saints offense he tried to bring here.
Maybe teams are able to use the knowledge they learned from playing the Saints and figuring out the tendencies of the Lions to run or pass in those same sets.

Then again -- I could be just dead tired and making absolutely no sense.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They've had a high tendency to show a particular play, especially a wrap-six, so usually the No. 2 receiver sits down about 5 or 6 yards with a guy running a dig route right behind it.

"We were just alert, and once I saw the running back chip before his release, I knew what was coming. So I just read Stafford's eyes, broke on the ball and was able to make a play."

Bruton's comments about knowing what was coming are not the first. Denver defensive back Bradley Roby made similar remarks after the game

This was on mlive.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what ever it is... that is totally on the offensive coordinator... if another team can figure out what play you are about to run.... you really need to get a new playbook or make some changes to the plays...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what ever it is... that is totally on the offensive coordinator... if another team can figure out what play you are about to run.... you really need to get a new playbook or make some changes to the plays...

This OC wasn't even the guy we wanted. 2-3 other guys turned a Mayhew down. And Caldwell said he's not ready to call plays. I don't expect any changes until after the bye week, not that it matters. The whole regime will be gone at the end of the year.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Mayhew even remotely looks decent is because of how fecal that Millen was.... He really is crappy at drafting. Just not drafting a bust is considered a success in Detroit. Never mind good teams actually build their teams around actual successful high draft picks.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This OC wasn't even the guy we wanted. 2-3 other guys turned a Mayhew down. And Caldwell said he's not ready to call plays. I don't expect any changes until after the bye week, not that it matters. The whole regime will be gone at the end of the year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jr give Mayhew a 5 year 50 million dollar extension some time this season the apple doesn't fall far from the tree :poke: