• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final playoff predictions for the year

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only been watching for 45 years so I could be wrong, but I figure that with 9 division championships and 6 SB appearances since Brady and BB started collaborating and zero years of missed playoffs excluding the ACL year mine is a pretty safe bet.

Defense is going to be very good, offense will be fine and all the talk about the improvement in the division is just that, talk.

Actually your history is a bit off. Seems you have forgotten about the 2002 season where they missed the playoffs with Brady starting. Also every empire eventually comes crashing down. This is a year with more controversy in it than any other year for the Patriots. Now for me I still have them making the playoffs but again because of everything that has happened I can see them struggling this year.

Now yes right now the division being better is just talk but so is you saying that the defense will be very good or that the offense will be fine. That is just talk as well. So far in the preseason which yes is preseason I haven't seen a great defense and especially haven't seen a good offense. I know guys have been missing and again that this is preseason but past history while relevant can't predict the future.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually your history is a bit off. Seems you have forgotten about the 2002 season where they missed the playoffs with Brady starting. Also every empire eventually comes crashing down. This is a year with more controversy in it than any other year for the Patriots. Now for me I still have them making the playoffs but again because of everything that has happened I can see them struggling this year.

Now yes right now the division being better is just talk but so is you saying that the defense will be very good or that the offense will be fine. That is just talk as well. So far in the preseason which yes is preseason I haven't seen a great defense and especially haven't seen a good offense. I know guys have been missing and again that this is preseason but past history while relevant can't predict the future.

It's pre-season, which in New England = tryouts for back up spots.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pre-season, which in New England = tryouts for back up spots.

I guess just ignore what I said then. I said yes this is preseason. They haven't looked good really on any level from what I have seen but again it is preseason. There are plenty of reasons beyond preseason though of why somebody could be picking the Patriots to struggle to miss the playoffs.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of reasons beyond preseason though of why somebody could be picking the Patriots to struggle to miss the playoffs.

Actually there is one reason, jealousy/hatred.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually there is one reason, jealousy/hatred.

Ummm No? Again I have them making it but I know plenty of people predicting them to struggle to make it that could care less whether they are in or out. Now I know some of you Patriot fans have taken a beating this summer from trolls but that doesn't mean everybody that picks against New England is just a hater.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm No? Again I have them making it but I know plenty of people predicting them to struggle to make it that could care less whether they are in or out. Now I know some of you Patriot fans have taken a beating this summer from trolls but that doesn't mean everybody that picks against New England is just a hater.

I wasn't talking about you.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East- Miami
AFC North- Pittsburgh
AFC South- Indy
AFC West- Kansas City
Wild card- New England
Wild Card- San Diego

NFC East- Dallas
NFC North- Minnesota
NFC South- Atlanta
NFC West- Seattle
Wild Card- Green Bay
Wild Card- Philly
Green Bay only a wild card in the NFC North. Are you on drugs?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only been watching for 45 years so I could be wrong, but I figure that with 9 division championships and 6 SB appearances since Brady and BB started collaborating and zero years of missed playoffs excluding the ACL year mine is a pretty safe bet.

Defense is going to be very good, offense will be fine and all the talk about the improvement in the division is just that, talk.
Brady suspension, Brady old, Gronk injury prone, Miami might be good, might be an increase in fumbles.

Only reason Im picking against all of that is because Im more of a results based person and you stick with the winning horse till it dies. I dont think they are crazy picking against all of that history, though. Football has eras. Big gaudy numbers eventually start looking like an end of an era

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East----Mia
AFC North--BAL (4)
AFC South--IND (1)
AFC West--DEN (3)
WC1--Pitt (5)
WC2--NE(6)

NFC East--DAL (3)
NFC North--GB (1)
NFC South-NO (4)
NFC West--Sea (2)
WC1--Az(5)
WC2--ATL (6)
Got one right - maybe 2 - if you get lucky. Shame @Tgann69 isn't here to throw a spin on this!!!!!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East- Miami
AFC North- Pittsburgh
AFC South- Indy
AFC West- Kansas City
Wild card- New England
Wild Card- San Diego

NFC East- Dallas
NFC North- Minnesota
NFC South- Atlanta
NFC West- Seattle
Wild Card- Green Bay
Wild Card- Philly

Epic FAIL - Not a single division winner correct most likely.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCE - Miami
AFCN - Baltimore
AFCS - Indy
AFCW - Denver
Wild card - KC
Wild card - Pittsburgh

NFCE - Philly
NFCN - Green Bay
NFCS - Atlanta
NFCW - Seattle
Wild Card - Arizona
Wild Card - Minnesota
Holy crap, I was waaaaaay off :pound:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess just ignore what I said then. I said yes this is preseason. They haven't looked good really on any level from what I have seen but again it is preseason. There are plenty of reasons beyond preseason though of why somebody could be picking the Patriots to struggle to miss the playoffs.

So, the Pats have clinched a first round bye, are a win in Miami away from clinching home field through the playoffs and have done so with a crushing list of starters who have either missed significant time or had their season ended early.

I'd say they did OK.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East- Miami
AFC North- Pittsburgh
AFC South- Indy
AFC West- Kansas City
Wild card- New England
Wild Card- San Diego

NFC East- Dallas
NFC North- Minnesota
NFC South- Atlanta
NFC West- Seattle
Wild Card- Green Bay
Wild Card- Philly
Missed it by just that much:rolleyes2:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East- Cheatriots
AFC North- Baltimore
AFC South- Indy
AFC West- Denver
Wild card- Miami
Wild Card- Kansas City

NFC East- Philly
NFC North- Green Bay
NFC South- Carolina
NFC West- Seattle
Wild Card- Dallas
Wild Card- Minnesota
So I got Denver, Kansas City, New England, Green Bay, Carolina and Minnesota exactly right. Also had Seattle making the playoffs but I figured Arizona wouldn't make it a whole season with Carson Palmer healthy.

Didn't see the NFC East trainwreck coming at all...some pundits were calling it the best division in football from top to bottom at the beginning of the year.

Not too shabby.