• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final playoff predictions for the year

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East- Cheatriots
AFC North- Baltimore
AFC South- Indy
AFC West- Denver
Wild card- Miami
Wild Card- Kansas City

NFC East- Philly
NFC North- Green Bay
NFC South- Carolina
NFC West- Seattle
Wild Card- Dallas
Wild Card- Minnesota

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only week 3 of the preseason but Indy still can't stop either the run or the pass. If they don't find some way to clean up that defense, it'll be a very long season. I like Houston.

Cowboys are in total disarray. Jones is pushing like hell to make sure Brady gets 4 games because he's terrified of Week 4. He should be terrified of week 1.

Patriots haven't convinced me that they have their act together. They still have 14 starters sitting out with injuries and the secondary really needs to start putting it on the line. Miami might just push them harder than people think.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure and you may be right. I have GB in the playoffs as well. Not many teams could overcome a loss of their best WR and still be good but a Rodgers led team can do so.
I increasingly question the value of individual WR's as the rules get more and more lax. Seems to be pretty expendable for the most part unless it's the only guy getting open. #2's and 3's might not be Megatron, but they aren't complete scrubs typically either with a QB worth their salt. We're not talking Jerry Rice for the most part, imo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I don't see a team QB'd by some guy named Bridgewater coming out on top of Aaron Rodgers no matter how many injuries the Packers have.

I think some question whether Rodgers can stay healthy for an entire season. He has been a bit hit and miss in that department. While I still do have the Packers winning the division that doesn't take away the chance for the Vikings to make the playoffs. There can be two good teams in one division. It doesn't have to be an either/or type situation.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I increasingly question the value of individual WR's as the rules get more and more lax. Seems to be pretty expendable for the most part unless it's the only guy getting open. #2's and 3's might not be Megatron, but they aren't complete scrubs typically either with a QB worth their salt. We're not talking Jerry Rice for the most part, imo.

A true number 1 WR is valuable because he stretches the field making it wasier for the other guys to run underneath routes in open space. Nelson is a big play dude. The reason Cobb and Co are wide open so often is because Jordy requires the attention of the CB and the safety. There arent many guys in the league like that. Itll be interesting to see how the team operates with less sapce although as I said if anyone can make that work its Rodgers

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my original comment about Minnesota was directed towards the OP picking them to win the division. It's certainly bold I'll give him that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami might just push them harder than people think.
I think they'll push them plenty hard and could easily win the division. I just trust Brady/Gronk enough to deal with the tough AFC East defenses and Miamis o is a lot less proven

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are right it is a very dependent position. I still think there are those guys though that even with mediocre play at the QB position can produce very well. DT when he had Tebow was able to take some 5-yard passes for touchdowns because of what he can do after he gets the ball. Calvin is one of those guys that you can throw to in triple coverage and he will make a play. Jordy being lost the big thing is he was that very consistent very dependable guy in just about every situation. He could take the top off a defense if you needed that but he could also win the goal line plays as well. I think the consistency part is what Green Bay will miss most of all.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A true number 1 WR is valuable because he stretches the field making it wasier for the other guys to run underneath routes in open space. Nelson is a big play dude. The reason Cobb and Co are wide open so often is because Jordy requires the attention of the CB and the safety. There arent many guys in the league like that. Itll be interesting to see how the team operates with less sapce although as I said if anyone can make that work its Rodgers

Begs the question of how many "true #1's" there really are, no? Seems like it's less than the clean mathematical answer of 32. Reminds me of the discussions about what an "ace" is.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my original comment about Minnesota was directed towards the OP picking them to win the division. It's certainly bold I'll give him that.

Every year we have that surprise team that nobody expects to win the division. I would say there are plenty of divisions this year that have a little more competition than this past year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Begs the question of how many "true #1's" there really are, no? Seems like it's less than the clean mathematical answer of 32. Reminds me of the discussions about what an "ace" is.

Hell yeah, there are NOWHERE close to 32. May be 10 in the entire league. Thankfully for both of us our teams have one :) ( or at least had one... ) LOL

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year we have that surprise team that nobody expects to win the division. I would say there are plenty of divisions this year that have a little more competition than this past year.
Atlanta is the one team I can see surprising people. Dallas made a big surge last year by going from the worst defense to an average one. Atlanta could be that team this year.

I just like Carolina's nastiness a bit more

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is the one team I can see surprising people. Dallas made a big surge last year by going from the worst defense to an average one. Atlanta could be that team this year.

Yeah that NFC South is going to be an interesting one. I actually picked Atlanta as I like their schedule and if they can stay healthy I think they can be a decent team. They have definitely added some nice pieces in the off season but my biggest thing with them is they just have 0 depth in my opinion. If injuries start happening to some decent starters it could go down hill quickly. I could see Carolina because of that once again winning the division. I do worry for Carolina though the loss of Benjamin. He was a perfect fit with Cam Newton. Going to be interesting to see that passing offense.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that NFC South is going to be an interesting one. I actually picked Atlanta as I like their schedule and if they can stay healthy I think they can be a decent team. They have definitely added some nice pieces in the off season but my biggest thing with them is they just have 0 depth in my opinion. If injuries start happening to some decent starters it could go down hill quickly. I could see Carolina because of that once again winning the division. I do worry for Carolina though the loss of Benjamin. He was a perfect fit with Cam Newton. Going to be interesting to see that passing offense.
I kind of think Funchess is Benjamin 2.0. Seemed weird to me they would get two very similar profiles at WR. It makes sense I suppose if you want an aggressive high point to attack smaller DB's with; and it probably fits Cam's style better than a smaller receiver.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The injury to Benjamin os going to hurt Carolina a ton IMO. The Panthers arent an offensive juggernaut anyway so losing their one big playmaker is going to really put a lot of pressure on Cam.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of think Funchess is Benjamin 2.0. Seemed weird to me they would get two very similar profiles at WR. It makes sense I suppose if you want an aggressive high point to attack smaller DB's with; and it probably fits Cam's style better than a smaller receiver.

Yeah I think they saw the success that Benjamin had with Cam and thought well 2 is better than 1. Unfortunately now with the proven one gone need to see how he does with the unproven rookie. I think they will still have enough offense along with a great defense to be competitive but I see that first place schedule being what could do them in.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF Atlanta stays healthy they have the best team in the division but youa re 100% spot on with your assessment of team depth. The last 2 years have seen the Falcons decimated by injury, if they can avoid that this year they should win 10/11 games with their schedule

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injury to Benjamin os going to hurt Carolina a ton IMO. The Panthers arent an offensive juggernaut anyway so losing their one big playmaker is going to really put a lot of pressure on Cam.
Funchess is less smooth than Benjamin but I think he could step up and be ok.

ATLs depth and TBs depth are both suspect

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think they saw the success that Benjamin had with Cam and thought well 2 is better than 1. Unfortunately now with the proven one gone need to see how he does with the unproven rookie. I think they will still have enough offense along with a great defense to be competitive but I see that first place schedule being what could do them in.

This is actually a common misconception about Carlona I have heard a lot this offseason espeacilly since the Benjamin injury. Carolina does NOT have a great defense, statistically it wasnt even a good defense ( ranked 25th in total D )... If the Panther D from 2013 shows up then itll be a different story but the Carolina D last year was a bottom tier D

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually a common misconception about Carlona I have heard a lot this offseason espeacilly since the Benjamin injury. Carolina does NOT have a great defense, statistically it wasnt even a good defense ( ranked 25th in total D )... If the Panther D from 2013 shows up then itll be a different story but the Carolina D last year was a bottom tier D

I think it's a fair proposition to say there is upside on that defense, but inconsistent for the time being.