• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final playoff predictions for the year

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually a common misconception about Carlona I have heard a lot this offseason espeacilly since the Benjamin injury. Carolina does NOT have a great defense, statistically it wasnt even a good defense ( ranked 25th in total D )... If the Panther D from 2013 shows up then itll be a different story but the Carolina D last year was a bottom tier D

Not sure where you got your stats. According to ESPN they were 21st in points given up and 10th in yards given up. Now while yes that is not a great defense I just expect some bigger things from them this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually a common misconception about Carlona I have heard a lot this offseason espeacilly since the Benjamin injury. Carolina does NOT have a great defense, statistically it wasnt even a good defense ( ranked 25th in total D )... If the Panther D from 2013 shows up then itll be a different story but the Carolina D last year was a bottom tier D
Footballoutsiders numbers put CAR and TB in the middle of the pack and NO and ATL dead last. TB better against the run and CAR better against the pass.

If they stay healthy, TB should have the best D in that division. I just dont trust Winston as a rookie

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you got your stats. According to ESPN they were 21st in points given up and 10th in yards given up. Now while yes that is not a great defense I just expect some bigger things from them this year.

Sorry it was 23rd not 25th

NFL Stats: by Team Category

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to flip that around. The way you have that set up you have Seattle having the 32nd ranked defense. For some reason NFL.com reverses the stats.

LOL, that wasnt even the thing I tried to link and you are right... WTF is going on with my stupid ass computer. I was trying to link the total defense stats for YPG I looked at a few weeks ago where they were 20 something but evidently I am too freaking stupid to do it. Sucks getting old and blind.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to flip that around. The way you have that set up you have Seattle having the 32nd ranked defense. For some reason NFL.com reverses the stats.
It is ranked by most yds per game just click again and it reverses but im more of a pts per game guy:suds:

AFCE--PATS
AFCN--RAVENS
AFCS--HOUSTON
AFCW--DENVER

NFCE---COWBOYS
NFCN---GB
NFCS---NO
NFCW---SEATTLE

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona Cardinals are a very interesting team. They wildly overachieved last year and lost a good coach. But they also got hit harder by injuries than really any other team.

Giants look like they have some bounceback in them but Im not sure they have the roster.

Rams have an outside chance of having the worst oline the NFL has seen in years. They have a lot of things going for them but I cant get past the oline

Bucs have literally every bounceback favor going for them. Weak division, tough D, getting key healthy players back, new QB. I just can't pick them because they seem to disappoint every year

I think between the Bucs, Giants and Titans...one will make the playoffs. They were too unlucky last year

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is ranked by most yds per game just click again and it reverses but im more of a pts per game guy:suds:

AFCE--PATS
AFCN--RAVENS
AFCS--HOUSTON
AFCW--DENVER

NFCE---COWBOYS
NFCN---GB
NFCS---NO
NFCW---SEATTLE

That is what I told him to do.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCE - Miami
AFCN - Cinci
AFCS - Indy
AFCW - Denver
Wild card - KC
Wild card - Pittsburgh

NFCE - NYG
NFCN - Green Bay
NFCS - Atlanta
NFCW - Seattle
Wild Card - St. Louis
Wild Card - Minnesota

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their defense got it together in a 4 game stretch at the end of the season. During that 4-0 run the Panthers outscored opponents 111-43, as good as any team in the league, really. During this time their defense allowed just a tick over 200 yards per game. That's impressive. The Panthers were a hot team going into the playoffs, but some ugly stretches in the season skew their season total stats. Or, perhaps you can argue the hot streak is what skewed it. Either way, if the team that ran the table the last 4 weeks of the season shows up for a whole 16 game stretch, the Panthers will win that division again.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCE Miami
AFCN Baltimore
AFCS Indy
AFCW Denver
WC Pittsburg
WC Kansas

NFCE Dallas
NFCN Green Bay
NFCS Atlanta
NFCW Seattle
WC Arizona
WC Philly

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East--NE (2)
AFC North--BAL (4)
AFC South--IND (1)
AFC West--DEN (3)
WC1--MIA (5)
WC2--OAK (6)

NFC East--DAL (3)
NFC North--GB (1)
NFC South-NO (4)
NFC West--ARZ (2)
WC1--SEA (5)
WC2--ATL (6)

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East----Mia
AFC North--BAL (4)
AFC South--IND (1)
AFC West--DEN (3)
WC1--Pitt (5)
WC2--NE(6)

NFC East--DAL (3)
NFC North--GB (1)
NFC South-NO (4)
NFC West--Sea (2)
WC1--Az(5)
WC2--ATL (6)

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East- Pats
AFC North- Pittsburgh
AFC South- Indy
AFC West- Denver
Wild card- Ravens
Wild Card- KC

NFC East- Dallas
NFC North- GB
NFC South- Atlanta
NFC West- Seattle
Wild Card- Lions
Wild Card- 49ers (got to have faith)

Let the Season begin.
I think you have faith confused with delusion.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 3 or 4 guys predicting that the SB champs won't even make the playoffs which begs the question; "have they ever watched football?"

AFCE - New England
AFCN - Pittsburgh
AFCS - Indy
AFCW - Denver
AFC WC - KC & Miami

NFCE - Dallas
NFCN - Green Bay
NFCS - New Orleans
NFCW - Arizona
NFC WC Seattle & Philly

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East- New England
AFC North- Baltimore
AFC South- Indy
AFC West- Denver
Wild card- Pittsburgh
Wild Card- Kansas City

NFC East- Giants
NFC North-Packers
NFC South- Saints
NFC West- Cardinals
Wild Card- Cowboys
Wild Card- Seahawks

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 3 or 4 guys predicting that the SB champs won't even make the playoffs which begs the question; "have they ever watched football?"

AFCE - New England
AFCN - Pittsburgh
AFCS - Indy
AFCW - Denver
AFC WC - KC & Miami

NFCE - Dallas
NFCN - Green Bay
NFCS - New Orleans
NFCW - Arizona
NFC WC Seattle & Philly

Honestly the question should more be asked to you of "have you ever watched football?" Lots of things can happen in this league and New England not making the playoffs wouldn't be a huge surprise in my opinion. Until this past year a Super Bowl team had never made it past the 1st round of playoffs since the Patriots went back to back.

You then throw in the unknown of their top QB possibly missing 4-games. They also lost quite a bit in the secondary having would could be 3 new top-3 Corners on the team. The OL so far has looked down right terrible in the preseason. Right now do they even have a healthy WR other than Reggie Wayne?

So there are plenty of reasons why somebody might think that New England could struggle this year. And this is with no mention of the fact that most think the AFC East could be the most improved division in football with all of the additions teams made.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the question should more be asked to you of "have you ever watched football?" Lots of things can happen in this league and New England not making the playoffs wouldn't be a huge surprise in my opinion. Until this past year a Super Bowl team had never made it past the 1st round of playoffs since the Patriots went back to back.

You then throw in the unknown of their top QB possibly missing 4-games. They also lost quite a bit in the secondary having would could be 3 new top-3 Corners on the team. The OL so far has looked down right terrible in the preseason. Right now do they even have a healthy WR other than Reggie Wayne?

So there are plenty of reasons why somebody might think that New England could struggle this year. And this is with no mention of the fact that most think the AFC East could be the most improved division in football with all of the additions teams made.

I've only been watching for 45 years so I could be wrong, but I figure that with 9 division championships and 6 SB appearances since Brady and BB started collaborating and zero years of missed playoffs excluding the ACL year mine is a pretty safe bet.

Defense is going to be very good, offense will be fine and all the talk about the improvement in the division is just that, talk.