• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Feeling very optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel confident the Cards will win their next 2 games: Home vs Seahawks & Home vs Atlanta. Yep....Cards to enter their BYE week with a record of 5-3 and in good shape. :suds:

I think it's going to be a tough game, no doubt. Our OL vs your tough D. We are missing the QB of our Defense, so we need to corral Ellington.

It's no secret that if we can pressure Palmer, he will make mistakes because he's not going to get too far out of the pocket and will force throws to zona's tall receivers. I see ET doing his ballHAWKing.

I'm glad you're predicting a Zona win because over the past few years, your predictions are doomed. It doesn't matter if they're your wildcats, your diamondbacks or your Cardinals. You probably hit about 10%. Hopefully, that trend continues.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about that...I have been made a bit cynical by the Cards over the years. I can give you about 23,000 reasons for this if you want, but you probably know most of them. I think I picked them to be 8-8 this year though so I think I'm also being a bit realistic. I'm also REALLY complimentary of the defense so it's not like I'm a total Debbie Downer.

I just see no reason to think they will beat the Seahawks. I wouldn't be SHOCKED if they did...but I would be surprised. I do think the Seahawks are VERY over-rated. The only guy on their offense that scares me is Beast Mode (and he does scare me). I'd put our D up man coverage on any of their WRs or TEs. Russell Wilson is not an elite QB. But their D is legit and they don't make terrible mistakes like AZ does.
I think you're off a little on the 23,000. It's more like 30,000, but hey, I get it. I know this team isn't fit for a big run, but I can't help but remain positive (probably to a fault). The D is doing great, if we could just find some offensive balance this team could be a dark horse. And before anyone pounds me for my optimism, back off....DREAMING IS FREE!!

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Optimism... but man, we need to be perfect today (even at home) to even stand a chance vs. the Seahawks.

Our Third down offense is ATROTIOUS, might be some of the worst Cardinal offense I've seen in all my years watching this team, and my first memories of the Cardinals are when J.V.Cain died...

We've GOT to figure out how to keep the offense on the field.. the numbers right now are DREADFUL...it reminds me of the putrid 2003 offense, which was the worst Cardinal team I can remember, and we have considerably more talent than that squad.

Seattle presents a brutal matchup for us... much worse than San Francisco's in my opinion.

We have to completely get them out of their comfort zone, which is going to be extremely tough.. especially if we can't keep the offense on the field, and Palmer continues to throw the ball to the other team.

We can't turn the ball over tonight. We really can't... and Seattle's D is a turnover MACHINE.

Love to think we can win... but if we do, it will be a monumental effort and upset. (Even in Arizona)

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, the Cardinals are a middle to lower half team in the NFC. That is just my opinion. The Seahawks might very well be the best team in the conference. I haven't seen a team I think is better. Sure the Cardinals CAN win this game, but it will be a big upset if they do. This is how I rank the NFC right now:

1. Seattle
2. New Orleans
3. Green Bay
4. Dallas
5. San Fran
6. Chicago
7. Detroit
8. St Louis
9. Arizona
10. Philadelphia
11. Atlanta
12. Washington
13. Minnesota
14. New York
15. Tampa Bay

Carolina's are so bad that you left them out of your list?

This game should come down to who wins the turnover battle. Good luck to the Cards.

GO HAWKS!!!

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina's are so bad that you left them out of your list?

This game should come down to who wins the turnover battle. Good luck to the Cards.

GO HAWKS!!!

Haha, didn't even realize that. I guess 15 isn't enough. I would put them just after Washington on my list.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no optimist but I am right. Season is over.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers are a 7 point favourite this weekend. That suggests they're a top 8 NFC team. There's little between the Rams and the next 5 teams. The Cardinals have a solid group of players but they still need several more good players on offense to be a major player.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bang...another dead prediction.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about that...I have been made a bit cynical by the Cards over the years. I can give you about 23,000 reasons for this if you want, but you probably know most of them. I think I picked them to be 8-8 this year though so I think I'm also being a bit realistic. I'm also REALLY complimentary of the defense so it's not like I'm a total Debbie Downer.

I just see no reason to think they will beat the Seahawks. I wouldn't be SHOCKED if they did...but I would be surprised. I do think the Seahawks are VERY over-rated. The only guy on their offense that scares me is Beast Mode (and he does scare me). I'd put our D up man coverage on any of their WRs or TEs. Russell Wilson is not an elite QB. But their D is legit and they don't make terrible mistakes like AZ does.
Not trolling here, I'm legitimately curious.

Did Russell Wilson change your mind at all last night? That first TD to Rice was an absolute beauty. A 40 yrd pass right on the money while running backwards.

He may not be at "elite" level yet, but to not be concerned about Russell Wilson as a weapon on the opposing offense doesn't make much sense.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell was pretty good last night. Made some very nice passes. He also fumbled and lost the ball twice in terrible situations. You have to judge him on the good and the bad and he was both great and terrible in different spots.

Fortunately, for him, he's on a far more talented team than the Cardinals. The Hawks outcoached the Cardinals too. I've been critical of Todd Bowles complete inability to gameplan in properly covering a TE in the Red Zone. Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis have owned them there (and everywhere else). It's really not that complicated. SEA picked up on this and two of his TD passes were to TEs that AZ, for the 12th time it seems like, again failed to cover properly. One was a great pass to Miller and the other was one I could have made to Kellen Davis.

I still don't see him as an elite QB. He's on arguably the best team in football. I do see him as worthy of being an NFL starting QB. He's mobile, he's smarter than most people and an average passer. These are three things Carson Stink Palmer lacks so I'd happily trade for him. But he's not elite.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell was pretty good last night. Made some very nice passes. He also fumbled and lost the ball twice in terrible situations. You have to judge him on the good and the bad and he was both great and terrible in different spots.

Fortunately, for him, he's on a far more talented team than the Cardinals. The Hawks outcoached the Cardinals too. I've been critical of Todd Bowles complete inability to gameplan in properly covering a TE in the Red Zone. Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis have owned them there (and everywhere else). It's really not that complicated. SEA picked up on this and two of his TD passes were to TEs that AZ, for the 12th time it seems like, again failed to cover properly. One was a great pass to Miller and the other was one I could have made to Kellen Davis.

I still don't see him as an elite QB. He's on arguably the best team in football. I do see him as worthy of being an NFL starting QB. He's mobile, he's smarter than most people and an average passer. These are three things Carson Stink Palmer lacks so I'd happily trade for him. But he's not elite.
I only blame Russell for one of those fumbles. He should have tucked the ball and taken the sack around our own 5. The other ones were blind strips due to our O line being shaky. Our LT is our starting LG and our RT is a very raw rookie. Any QB is going to get stripped on those plays. The blame goes to the guys missing the blocks, not RW.

There's got to be more to a QB quality than either "worthy of starting" or "elite." Clearly RW is better than just a worthy starting QB. He's very very good at what he does. Top 10? Easily right now

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't see him as an elite QB. He's on arguably the best team in football.

I dont see him as elite either, but he does have a lot to do with the fact that your calling the Seahawks one of the best teams in football.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only blame Russell for one of those fumbles. He should have tucked the ball and taken the sack around our own 5. The other ones were blind strips due to our O line being shaky. Our LT is our starting LG and our RT is a very raw rookie. Any QB is going to get stripped on those plays. The blame goes to the guys missing the blocks, not RW.

There's got to be more to a QB quality than either "worthy of starting" or "elite." Clearly RW is better than just a worthy starting QB. He's very very good at what he does. Top 10? Easily right now
He played well last night no doubt, but look at his previous games. Nothing eye popping. The first TD pass was nice, but the receiver was open by 20 yards. It's not like he dropped it into tight coverage. Look, i would take him in a heartbeat, but his overall body of work does not suggest he is anything but a serviceable above average QB. Something the Cardinals have longed to see since Kurt Warner.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are clearly the best team in the NFC, and give them hole filed advantage and its over. On the other side of the coin the season is still very young and with injuries and other things they could drop down some.

On a positive for the Cardinals is that both the Niners and Seahawks will have to dump a lot of money in their quarterbacks hands. Both quarterbacks have a great offensive line in front of them that makes them look really good. With the salary cap they will have some issues coming up.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are clearly the best team in the NFC, and give them hole filed advantage and its over. On the other side of the coin the season is still very young and with injuries and other things they could drop down some.

On a positive for the Cardinals is that both the Niners and Seahawks will have to dump a lot of money in their quarterbacks hands. Both quarterbacks have a great offensive line in front of them that makes them look really good. With the salary cap they will have some issues coming up.

Seattle's O-line has been banged up all year... We've been missing our top lineman ... Unger just came back but our O-line in pass protection has been very inconsistent... Okung and Breno are due to come back at some point so that will help tremendously...

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not top 10. Top 15 I'd give him. Stink Palmer is top 30.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not top 10. Top 15 I'd give him. Stink Palmer is top 30.

Then what is your top ten? Here is mine:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Andrew Luck
6. Russel Wilson
7. Matt Ryan
8. Eli Manning
9. Joe Flacco
10. Tony Romo

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what is your top ten? Here is mine:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Andrew Luck
6. Russel Wilson
7. Matt Ryan
8. Eli Manning
9. Joe Flacco
10. Tony Romo

Yeah_ok.gif

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel confident the Cards will win their next 2 games: Home vs Seahawks & Home vs Atlanta. Yep....Cards to enter their BYE week with a record of 5-3 and in good shape. :suds:

Well suns, no one has ever called you a pessimist and I applaud your positive view.

Status
Not open for further replies.