• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Feeling very optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel confident the Cards will win their next 2 games: Home vs Seahawks & Home vs Atlanta. Yep....Cards to enter their BYE week with a record of 5-3 and in good shape. :suds:

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel confident the Cards will win their next 2 games: Home vs Seahawks & Home vs Atlanta. Yep....Cards to enter their BYE week with a record of 5-3 and in good shape. :suds:
Both games will not be easy for you guys. Good Luck. Just not next week.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game today. Good luck Thursday. Hope you guise pull it out.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to feel good that Nick Foles is throwing some great numbers up and should have been the starter all along.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will be very tough... and the Falcons have looked awful this year. I think we go 1-1, but if we find a way to beat the Seahawks then that would be HUGE for us.

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I am not surprised at all at how well Foles has played. I'm STILL upset Cards did not draft him! Oh well........... I said, before the draft, Cards should draft Foles, but, no, Whiz ignorantly stuck with Kolb and drafted Lindley in the 7th round.....DUMB MOVE !

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks game will be a WAR; however, I feel confident Zona handily beats the Falcons in the desert. Atlanta has been ABYSMAL and just lost Julio Jones for the rest of the season. I think Zona edges Seattle. Hawks don't play as good on the road and Zona still undefeated at home.

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zona will be more fired-up than the Seahawks for this one. Zona comin off a division loss. Hawks comin off a win. This home game far more important for Cards than Hawks, and, remember, Hawks humiliated Zona in Seattle 58-0 last time they met. It is indeed PAYBACK TIME !

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is outstanding on defense and the Cardinals are terrible on offense. I don't like their chances much here. Yes the defense can keep them in any game, but at some point the offense has to go out and win a game. There are 3-3 and the offense hasn't won them a game yet. I guess you have to give them some credit against Detroit, but not against Tampa or Carolina.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure you can say Zona will be more fired up then the Hawks for this one. Zona may need to win more but the Hawks will be plenty fired up. The desert has been a house of horrors for the Hawks as they have dropped 6 of their last 7 there. I think which ever O line plays the best likely wins. Both teams have great defenses but suspect O lines. We shall see. Good luck and lets hope for no more injuries on either side.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing little reason for optimism. I know this isn't always sound logic, but: SF stomped us and SEA stomped SF.

We have no running game (except when Ellington has the ball, but that's only like 6 times a game). We have no QB. Fitzgerald is more injured than ever (same problem, different hamstring now). Roberts sucks. The O-line is bad. SEA defense is nasty.

I trust in our Defense, but they can't do everything. This season is a lot like the past few. It's even more frustrating because I expect the offense to suck with clowns like Anderson, Max Hall, Skelton and Lindley out there...Stink Palmer I expected a bit more.

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF did NOT stomp Arizona in anyone's wildest dreams! Arizona lost the game @San Fran cuz they turned the ball over twice in the 4th quarter. Before that happened, the score was 20-22 with Zona in FG position, hardly a stomping. Game vs Seattle is in the desert.

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, after the 1st quarter and outside of the turnovers, Zona's offense played quite well at San Fran.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, the Cardinals are a middle to lower half team in the NFC. That is just my opinion. The Seahawks might very well be the best team in the conference. I haven't seen a team I think is better. Sure the Cardinals CAN win this game, but it will be a big upset if they do. This is how I rank the NFC right now:

1. Seattle
2. New Orleans
3. Green Bay
4. Dallas
5. San Fran
6. Chicago
7. Detroit
8. St Louis
9. Arizona
10. Philadelphia
11. Atlanta
12. Washington
13. Minnesota
14. New York
15. Tampa Bay

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game could make or break the season for the Cards. Admittedly, I said they would finish around 7-9, but if they pull this one off, they will gain a lot of confidence and it should carry over into future games. A nationally televised game at home against a first place division rival. A win here and I think their record could be in the 9-7 territory. Certainly not playoff worthy, but you never know.

FYI - The San Fran game was very close. The turnovers killed us. That PI call against Floyd for the TD was incidental contact. It looked worse than it was because the defender fell down, but if you watch it on NFL rewind, it was a very questionable PI call. Floyd just out muscled the guy.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, the Cardinals are a middle to lower half team in the NFC. That is just my opinion. The Seahawks might very well be the best team in the conference. I haven't seen a team I think is better. Sure the Cardinals CAN win this game, but it will be a big upset if they do. This is how I rank the NFC right now:

1. Seattle
2. New Orleans
3. Green Bay
4. Dallas
5. San Fran
6. Chicago
7. Detroit
8. St Louis
9. Arizona
10. Philadelphia
11. Atlanta
12. Washington
13. Minnesota
14. New York
15. Tampa Bay
Interesting. I think Dallas and Green Bay are too high while San Fran is too low. I think you have the Cards in the right spot give or take one or two.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it was 7-6 and 22-20 I felt like the Cards were lucky as hell to be that close. Watching the game it just didn't feel very even. Four turnovers is part of a stomping...it's not like those things never happened (always perplexed by the "if it weren't for the four turnovers, this game was really close"). On the other side of the coin, if the Cards defense doesn't stop them 3 times after handing the ball to them in the red zone the score would have been like 50-20.

This game decides the season for the Cards. They better play like it. Going 3-4 with an 0-3 divisional records takes them out of any realistic hope to win the division or get one of the wild cards and takes a true optimist to think they could still snag the last WC spot.

I'm glad we are at home, but through six weeks we have a very bad offense and a very good defense. Seattle has a very good team period. Advantage Sea Chickens.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not that impressed with San Fran. Don't get me wrong, they are good. Better than the Cardinals, but I don't see them at the top of the conference. Kaep doesn't look like he did last year. I think they are a playoff team, but I don't see them as good as last year. Might be that I just really don't like that team and I am being biased without realizing it.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it was 7-6 and 22-20 I felt like the Cards were lucky as hell to be that close. Watching the game it just didn't feel very even. Four turnovers is part of a stomping...it's not like those things never happened (always perplexed by the "if it weren't for the four turnovers, this game was really close"). On the other side of the coin, if the Cards defense doesn't stop them 3 times after handing the ball to them in the red zone the score would have been like 50-20.

This game decides the season for the Cards. They better play like it. Going 3-4 with an 0-3 divisional records takes them out of any realistic hope to win the division or get one of the wild cards and takes a true optimist to think they could still snag the last WC spot.

I'm glad we are at home, but through six weeks we have a very bad offense and a very good defense. Seattle has a very good team period. Advantage Sea Chickens.
I felt the exact opposite watching the exact same game. It was an evenly matched game by all standards. The cards out gained the 9ers and and were equal with them statistically across the board. Of course turnovers killed us which is part of the game, but to say the Cards were stomped is a stretch.

I have to say johnson, all your posts seem to have a "glass half empty" theme when it comes to the Cards (maybe for good reason). I'm not judging or looking for a response, just an observation. I have no doubt you want to see the Cards win.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about that...I have been made a bit cynical by the Cards over the years. I can give you about 23,000 reasons for this if you want, but you probably know most of them. I think I picked them to be 8-8 this year though so I think I'm also being a bit realistic. I'm also REALLY complimentary of the defense so it's not like I'm a total Debbie Downer.

I just see no reason to think they will beat the Seahawks. I wouldn't be SHOCKED if they did...but I would be surprised. I do think the Seahawks are VERY over-rated. The only guy on their offense that scares me is Beast Mode (and he does scare me). I'd put our D up man coverage on any of their WRs or TEs. Russell Wilson is not an elite QB. But their D is legit and they don't make terrible mistakes like AZ does.

Status
Not open for further replies.