• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fear the Walking Dead

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no reason to believe your 4/2/1/1 theory, but let's accept it for discussion purposes...

Dead = Daniel. Maybe Ophelia? But she hasn't done anything yet, so her death would be a dud. Chris? As discussed, too early. Travis? This would advance Madison as the badass "Alpha" character, and really put Chris in deep dodo.

Alone - Ophelia, Nick or Strand. Ophelia needs something to prove herself, and this would be a showcase situation. Nick would be fine, but how would this advance a story? Strand is a talker, not a fighter. Not sure this is his thing.

Pair - Madison/Chris, Madison/Strand, Daniel/Ophelia. M/C would be an obvious pairing. Lots of fireworks there. M/S would be a bonding moment. Not sure that is needed right now. D/O would be interesting, because it would force them to CHOOSE to stay with the group. They have nothing holding them to the others, so having them make a decision to stay would really solidify the group as a whole.

Its a supposed teaser for the episode rather than actually spoiling what happens.

If true, I think it really sets up Chris or Daniel. Both seem like likely canidates to be in the group of 2. Chris with one of the parents makes sense if he isnt dead. I think he for sure isn't going to be the one alone.

Nick alone makes sense just because of what hes done so far. Hes kinda been the "adventurer" and "Ill risk myself to get it done" guy while seemingly enjoying walking around in blood so he may be on his own. He also seems to be attaching to Cecila. Otherwise Strand as the obvious outcast is possible but I feel Nick wouldn't leave him. So maybe those two are together? Lol who knows.

Also Cecila isnt included. This is regarding the 7 main cast members. So she could be at the house, dead, off on her own or with one of the groups.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to Ophelia (Daniels daughter), not Celia. Not sure if you thought that or not...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to Ophelia (Daniels daughter), not Celia. Not sure if you thought that or not...

Dammit always read those two as one in the same. Funny thing is you listed her in the potential "alone" group as well and I knew you were referring to her lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, there are currently 8 main characters...

Madison
Travis
Chris
Alicia
Nick
Ophelia
Daniel
Strand

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow my math sucks lol.

4-2-1 and 1 dead like I said adds up to 8.

For some reason I kept having it as 7 mains. I guess a few are pretty forgettable though.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So while attempting not to get all spoilery, I was a little underwhelmed. They really need to step it up in the second half of the season. I was entertained to an extent, but I walked away feeling, "is that it?"

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way he's dead.

And Hurd basically confirmed it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So while attempting not to get all spoilery, I was a little underwhelmed. They really need to step it up in the second half of the season. I was entertained to an extent, but I walked away feeling, "is that it?"
I actually kind of liked the season especially the more recent 4 or 5 but I thought the finale tonight was kind of dull and all over the place.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we get to see Alex again (Michelle Ang)?

Possibly. From the start, this show seems to be big on the Morgan approach. It feels like they prefer to leave possibilities open more than just killing off everyone when their arch has ended. That might work out, but if they go back to the well too often, it's going to make their world tiny and arguably obnoxious.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually kind of liked the season especially the more recent 4 or 5 but I thought the finale tonight was kind of dull and all over the place.

I think it's gotten better, but I still don't give a damn about characters not named Nick, Strand, or Daniel. I pick up that they want to push Madison hard, but she's going to have to get far more ruthless for me to be interested.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they lock Celia in the cellar, don't show her death, but she is clearly dead.

They show Daniel standing in the flames, but is obviously assumed alive?

A show that NEEDS an after-show to explain things they were unable to convey through the script is not written very well.

Good episode, but this whole franchise is SLOPPY.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we know that Celia was not James' mother before this ep? They explained that she was not Luis', but I took that as Luis was adopted or something like that. I totally missed that Celia was just the housekeeper.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we know that Celia was not James' mother before this ep? They explained that she was not Luis', but I took that as Luis was adopted or something like that. I totally missed that Celia was just the housekeeper.

That was all news to me too.

I'm with you on Celia's "death" too. I don't know why we were supposed to assume she died, yet assume Daniel didn't.

This show needs to get its shit together.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they lock Celia in the cellar, don't show her death, but she is clearly dead.

They show Daniel standing in the flames, but is obviously assumed alive?

A show that NEEDS an after-show to explain things they were unable to convey through the script is not written very well.

Good episode, but this whole franchise is SLOPPY.

I don't think we really needed to rely on the after show to be told as it's always kinda obvious if you don't see him die he's probably alive.

But you are definitely right that it is pretty sloppy to show him literally standing on the flames as the fire starts. And seemed like that fire took control fast lol.

Also did anyone see the sneak peak for the premiere? Who do you think that was walking up to Nick? It kinda seemed like a female, idk if Alex could be near them already though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we really needed to rely on the after show to be told as it's always kinda obvious if you don't see him die he's probably alive.

But you are definitely right that it is pretty sloppy to show him literally standing on the flames as the fire starts. And seemed like that fire took control fast lol.

Also did anyone see the sneak peak for the premiere? Who do you think that was walking up to Nick? It kinda seemed like a female, idk if Alex could be near them already though.
But we didn't see Celia die, and it was apparently clear that she died...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show is frustrating, but I think that is somewhat intentional. The irritant-like quality of it, is really the only thing bringing me back to it. (I wanna see what incredibly annoying thing is done next, by which incredibly annoying character.) Just when you get to like a character, they go off the rails and do something annoying af...(case in point...Nick and Daniel) I think the show has improved, and overall, I think the last couple of episodes have been pretty solid, with the finale being a bit dull, as many have already mentioned.

I think them splitting up, gives them the opportunity to jump around, and make the overall story more compelling. I will watch next season, but it's certainly not got me itching for it.

Now Preacher on the other hand...:plotting:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Travis' bloody feet really a pertinent part of the story? I didn't even notice that he left without shoes??