• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fear the Walking Dead

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris will kill, before he's killed. They are not going to kill off that arc yet, IMO. Too much potential for him to be a lunatic and cause some havoc.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a completely spoiler free review of the mid season finale and it sounds like things keep getting darker and worse for the group.

Also seems as if we may be losing someone.

Sadly, my top pick would be Daniel and I hope it's not him.

Ouch. That's rough.

I suppose if they have to lose someone, my top pick would be their renewal contract with AMC.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ophelia would be the easy one to quickly dispose of that's forsure.

I'm still leaning Daniel. I feel they may want Chris around a little longer.

Nick is a lock to live. So are Travis and Maddie sadly. Strand should be safe too and if what Dickens said on TD is true, he's definitely not dying.

Daniel, Ofelia, Chris, Alicia in that order is my likelihood.

Strand's acting is way over the top melodramatic.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strand's acting is way over the top melodramatic.

Not sure "way over the top" is accurate....but...
It's been downright "shakespearean" at times....but to me that can be a good thing, and it actually has been.
He still remains one of 2 more enigmatic members of the group....the other being Daniel.

Last edited:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the original title for this show was going to be called Everyone Hates Chris, but it turns out it was already taken.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the original title for this show was going to be called Everyone Hates Chris, but it turns out it was already taken.
IMHO, he has become effectively hated, though. Right now, he is a good heel. I want to see the show right now because I am looking forward to the ass-wumpin' that is certainly coming.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, he has become effectively hated, though. Right now, he is a good heel. I want to see the show right now because I am looking forward to the ass-wumpin' that is certainly coming.

I hope they drag his character out a bit though. He made the transformation a little too quickly. They now gotta at least have him rack up a few psycho kills before getting his.

A beating in the mean time would be nice though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they drag his character out a bit though. He made the transformation a little too quickly. They now gotta at least have him rack up a few psycho kills before getting his.

A beating in the mean time would be nice though.
if they have such high hopes for Madison, they really should have him job to her a bit (to extend the wrestling metaphor).

But I agree, they need to keep him around a little longer to build his heel-ness.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think it'll be Celia being killed off tonight?...or do they prolong her arc into the upcoming season ??
They have been building up this place for 8 or 9 episodes now. Hard to imagine they kill off ALL of Strand's past this quickly.

But it certainly looks like she will eat it tonight.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they have such high hopes for Madison, they really should have him job to her a bit (to extend the wrestling metaphor).

But I agree, they need to keep him around a little longer to build his heel-ness.

Yeah im thinking eventually he may have to be taken out my Madison or Travis to make one of those two remotely like able as characters.

I've read little snippets of tonight's plot and Chris definitely keeps down the path to crazy town.

None of what I've read says who bites the dust though. About 4 of the group are equally likely based on what I've seen.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah im thinking eventually he may have to be taken out my Madison or Travis to make one of those two remotely like able as characters.

I've read little snippets of tonight's plot and Chris definitely keeps down the path to crazy town.

None of what I've read says who bites the dust though. About 4 of the group are equally likely based on what I've seen.
If the show has cajones, it will kill Daniel. Take out a fan fave, and that will earn the show some street cred.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want Daniel to be killed off. I just think it would be a ballzy move to do it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the show has cajones, it will kill Daniel. Take out a fan fave, and that will earn the show some street cred.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want Daniel to be killed off. I just think it would be a ballzy move to do it.

He's one of the 3 I've got my eye on biting it. I like him too but it would be a pretty ballsy move.

Seems everyone is in danger this EP but Madison, Travis and Nick are all locks to live. So it kinda leaves Daniel or 3 characters people hate and/or don't care about.

Kim dickens basically spoiled her and Strand being safe anyways.

I just hope tonight delivers a good finale. It needs it bad.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of the 3 I've got my eye on biting it. I like him too but it would be a pretty ballsy move.

Seems everyone is in danger this EP but Madison, Travis and Nick are all locks to live. So it kinda leaves Daniel or 3 characters people hate and/or don't care about.

Kim dickens basically spoiled her and Strand being safe anyways.

I just hope tonight delivers a good finale. It needs it bad.
Yea, they need to be more careful on TTD.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish they'd do more with Chris and Ceilia's stories, but it's the mid-season finale and someone has to die. That said, I think they're two pretty good candidates to eat it tonight.

My fear is that Daniel is the one we lose as he seems to be wigging out like something is wrong with him. Not to mention, I fear they're not going to give us a ton of this character. I think he' almost like a badass Dale. Useful, but he's got a shelf life and we're going to see his ass expire one way or another.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, they need to be more careful on TTD.

Yeah they do. Both were pretty safe bets anyways but still dumb.

I guess the finale ends with our main 7 separated from each other

1 dead
A group of 4 together
A group of 2
And someone off on there own

Trying to figure out how those are likely to play out. Have to believe the outcast is Strand or Nick.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish they'd do more with Chris and Ceilia's stories, but it's the mid-season finale and someone has to die. That said, I think they're two pretty good candidates to eat it tonight.

My fear is that Daniel is the one we lose as he seems to be wigging out like something is wrong with him. Not to mention, I fear they're not going to give us a ton of this character. I think he' almost like a badass Dale. Useful, but he's got a shelf life and we're going to see his ass expire one way or another.

Yeah that's kinda what I feel too. But I also think he has major potential. But if they want a bigger death it can only be him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that Daniel is kinda like a badass Dale. But the only reason they killed Dale when they did was because Jeffrey Demunn wanted off the show. He was scheduled to last through season 4, into season 5.

That said, Ruben Blades has a lot going on, so he may not be interested in getting tied down to a TV show.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they do. Both were pretty safe bets anyways but still dumb.

I guess the finale ends with our main 7 separated from each other

1 dead
A group of 4 together
A group of 2
And someone off on there own

Trying to figure out how those are likely to play out. Have to believe the outcast is Strand or Nick.
I have no reason to believe your 4/2/1/1 theory, but let's accept it for discussion purposes...

Dead = Daniel. Maybe Ophelia? But she hasn't done anything yet, so her death would be a dud. Chris? As discussed, too early. Travis? This would advance Madison as the badass "Alpha" character, and really put Chris in deep dodo.

Alone - Ophelia, Nick or Strand. Ophelia needs something to prove herself, and this would be a showcase situation. Nick would be fine, but how would this advance a story? Strand is a talker, not a fighter. Not sure this is his thing.

Pair - Madison/Chris, Madison/Strand, Daniel/Ophelia. M/C would be an obvious pairing. Lots of fireworks there. M/S would be a bonding moment. Not sure that is needed right now. D/O would be interesting, because it would force them to CHOOSE to stay with the group. They have nothing holding them to the others, so having them make a decision to stay would really solidify the group as a whole.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they want a bigger death it can only be him.

I agree. As I think you stated above, we just won't care all that much if it's a lame duck that dies and the rest of the major players seem likely to be safe. Poor Daniel. I hope he at least goes out like a boss.