• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fargo (TV series)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Rock got a shot at some dramatic work, but I just can’t buy him as a mob boss. Dude is 115 lbs soaking wet and I am constantly expecting him to burst out with some racial humor every scene. He just has a comedian’s face.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Rock got a shot at some dramatic work, but I just can’t buy him as a mob boss. Dude is 115 lbs soaking wet and I am constantly expecting him to burst out with some racial humor every scene. He just has a comedian’s face.

I have a hell of lot easier time buying him than I do Jason Schwartzman. He's not bad as Josto but its really the most distracting casting of anyone

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hell of lot easier time buying him than I do Jason Schwartzman. He's not bad as Josto but its really the most distracting casting of anyone
I don’t disagree. But I wonder if he wasn’t cast precisely because he doesn’t fit. First, it fits his character. His men don’t really take him seriously and his brother is muscling in on his authority. Second, him looking awkward af distracts from how bad Rock looks.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just keep seeing Pookey

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never bothered with the final season of Legion. That show was a chore to get through from the start. Aubrey Plaza was a pleasure to watch, but even her work was over-the-top, look-at-me TV.
I didn't see 3 either, might have gotten to the end of 2 but yeah it was rough. I liked the first season a lot though.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is season 4 of Fargo I watched season 1-3 but reading the reviews they say season 4 is trash and that it doesn't feel like a typical Fargo season. Has anyone who watched it agree?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is season 4 of Fargo I watched season 1-3 but reading the reviews they say season 4 is trash and that it doesn't feel like a typical Fargo season. Has anyone who watched it agree?

It's not trash. But it is different.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, EVERY season of Fargo is “different”.

but at least the others all took place in Minnesota or the Dakotas. This one takes place in KC. The only link to Minnesota is the Nurse (until Loy’s odd reference this week). And, of course all the KC references in S2.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you say its worth the watch? I don't want to a series where each episode is 1 hour and after 5 episodes realize its not a good season and I just wasted 5 hours of my life.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you say its worth the watch? I don't want to a series where each episode is 1 hour and after 5 episodes realize its not a good season and I just wasted 5 hours of my life.
The acting (casting??) is very suspect this year. But the storyline is compelling enough. It isn’t “same night viewing” good, but it isn’t at risk of coming off my dvr.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, its worth it, especially if you're into warring crime/mafia family type stories

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're both terribly miscast imo. In fact we bailed out watching the 4th episode last night. It's just not worth the effort. I've heard the first few seasons were great. Season 4 is not. Maybe I'll give them a try.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season wrapped tonight. Pretty underwhelming finale. Considering how short the episode was I don't see why they couldn't have done all the important parts last episode. Overall I'd say it was entertaining but definitely the worst of the 4 seasons.

It became obvious as the show went along that Satchel was Mike Milligan so that scene tonight felt too on the nose. It also annoys me that they didn't bother to tell WHY he became Mike Milligan. Astute viewers already figured out this was gonna happen and he likely borrowed the Milligan name from Rabbi but at least tell us why he chose to be in the crime world, etc

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season wrapped tonight. Pretty underwhelming finale. Considering how short the episode was I don't see why they couldn't have done all the important parts last episode. Overall I'd say it was entertaining but definitely the worst of the 4 seasons.

It became obvious as the show went along that Satchel was Mike Milligan so that scene tonight felt too on the nose. It also annoys me that they didn't bother to tell WHY he became Mike Milligan. Astute viewers already figured out this was gonna happen and he likely borrowed the Milligan name from Rabbi but at least tell us why he chose to be in the crime world, etc
I had forgotten Mike’s last name, so I never made the Milligan connection with Rabbi. But I knew that Mike had to somehow be connected to this story. A black guy in the mob is not a “normal” thing. I figured it was Satchell, but I wasn’t certain. As the episode came to a close and they still hadn’t addressed it, I was really disappointed. I actually literally had IMDB open, looking up as much info as I could on Mike’s character to try to figure out his connection when the mid-credit scene started up and I knew they were going to make the explanation. But as you said, rather vague with more questions than answers.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished it and really didn't mind the end at all.

I was rooting for Loy. I think he accepted his place in life and then his past came back bad bit him in the ass. That just sucks.

I think the Mike Milligan thing was only obvious if you read it somewhere beforehand or picked up on Rabbi's last name and made a connection. Why he abandoned the Satchel Cannon name is beyond me, but I appreciate his tribute to Rabbi.

Definitely read this interview with Noah Hawley

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season really took a nose dive at the end. Finale was just.....not good.
The aunt stabbing Chris Rock at the end was dumb as fuck. Her getting away at all from the cop with OCD was already stupid, but apparently the only reason was so she could stab Chris Rock at the end. I would have REALLY enjoyed it if the kid chased her down and then ran her over like 50 times.

Yeah.....definitely the worst season of Fargo but would have still been okay minus the finale. They kinda just puked that one out.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season really took a nose dive at the end. Finale was just.....not good.
The aunt stabbing Chris Rock at the end was dumb as fuck. Her getting away at all from the cop with OCD was already stupid, but apparently the only reason was so she could stab Chris Rock at the end. I would have REALLY enjoyed it if the kid chased her down and then ran her over like 50 times.

Yeah.....definitely the worst season of Fargo but would have still been okay minus the finale. They kinda just puked that one out.
I disagree with you here on how it ended.

I thought it was appropriate. The OCD cop was working for Loy at the time, right? And you couldn't expect her to just disappear after losing the woman she loved. Her story wasn't done. I would have been more disappointed had they left that story open.

and Satchel getting revenge like that would have been dumb.

also, a tie to The Godfather with the oranges in Loy's bag when he died was nicely done.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you here on how it ended.

I thought it was appropriate. The OCD cop was working for Loy at the time, right? And you couldn't expect her to just disappear after losing the woman she loved. Her story wasn't done. I would have been more disappointed had they left that story open.

and Satchel getting revenge like that would have been dumb.

also, a tie to The Godfather with the oranges in Loy's bag when he died was nicely done.
I don't disagree that it made sense that she would come back to kill him based on what happened earlier. It just made no sense at all that she got away from the cop with OCD in the first place. The dude kills the Marshall and the other chick really quickly and then froze up for no reason and pretty much just allowed her to run away. All that after those two chicks killed EVERY SINGLE COP in the bus station other than the Marshall with no injuries. I get not leaving the story open, but they SHOULD have just killed her off earlier. Letting her get away in such a goofy ass way just so they could have her stab Chris Rock was lazy. And it was predictable as hell as soon as Chris Rock started looking through the window.

What I'm saying is that if they're going to do something goofy and lame like that I'd at least like to see something funny or entertaining afterward. Let the kid run her over 50 times and then dump her corpse in a wood chipper or something.

The whole last episode felt like they forgot they had one episode left so they just crammed a bunch stuff in that ended the major storylines.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the whole enchilada. Wanted to like it but reality is, it sucked.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought overall it was a good season. Some of the deaths were pretty stupid though