• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fargo (TV series)

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the movie too, but I live here and anytime I go out of town and say where I'm from all I ever hear is, "Why don't you talk like the people on the movie?". lol

This is how Black Widow is gonna "hear" you whenever you post now. :lol:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The casting for that movie was great.. I'd be hardpressed to see a series capture what made it special. Interesting, though. Didn't know Edie Falco was in a pilot for a previous attempt at a tv series. I've liked her since Oz.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I loved the movie too, but I live here and anytime I go out of town and say where I'm from all I ever hear is, "Why don't you talk like the people on the movie?". lol

O - Yeaah, but most of dem people in that there movie were from Brainerd though doncha know.

Come to think of it, why'd they call that movie Fargo?

BlackWidow

Black Widow
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that living in Oklahoma lol no hick accent at all
This is how Black Widow is gonna "hear" you whenever you post now. :lol:
:heh: damn skippy!

BlackWidow

Black Widow
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O - Yeaah, but most of dem people in that there movie were from Brainerd though doncha know.

Although the film is named Fargo, the location of the initial scene in North Dakota, most of the film's action is set in Minnesota (the towns of Brainerd and Minneapolis) and on the road to and from Fargo, during approximately a week of time in late January and early February. None of the film was shot in the city of Fargo.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1

Although the film is named Fargo, the location of the initial scene in North Dakota, most of the film's action is set in Minnesota (the towns of Brainerd and Minneapolis) and on the road to and from Fargo, during approximately a week of time in late January and early February. None of the film was shot in the city of Fargo.

Yeah jrs..
Why couldn't you just say that?? ;-)

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that there will be a television show based off the Coen brothers' 1996 movie. Judging from the preview, I think this is a show I will definitely invest my time in.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone watch the premiere on FX last night? Shit was crazy.

I never saw the movie Fargo, does this show have anything to do with the movie, other than the name?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The film is one of the Coen Bros' best.
I haven't seen the TV show yet, but will soon.....I'm looking forward to it.

Perhaps any correlation to the movie maybe be akin to how Bates Motel is related to Psycho ?

Last edited by a moderator:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aw geez, here we go again...

might be the least-viewed premier of a probable award-winning network series based on a great (but under-appreciated) movie in recent television entertainment history.

I fuckn loved it!

haven't seen the movie? don't. wait until the end of the series' 1st season. save yourself a lot of, inevitable, angsty evaluating.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the tv show and movie are 2 different stories...

the pilot for the show last night was really good just dont know how they can keep that up for a whole seasons worth of shows.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the tv show and movie are 2 different stories...

the pilot for the show last night was really good just dont know how they can keep that up for a whole seasons worth of shows.

Pretty sure it's just a 10 episode mini series.

At least with the current cast.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might be the least-viewed premier of a probable award-winning network series based on a great (but under-appreciated) movie in recent television entertainment history.

I fuckn loved it!

haven't seen the movie? don't. wait until the end of the series' 1st season. save yourself a lot of, inevitable, angsty evaluating.

It actually got really nice viewership ratings for the premier.

Anyways, just watched it. I thought it was awesome. Started a little slow but man did things escalate. Really looking forward to next week now.