• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fargo (TV series)

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shes basically a lock to be nominated for a emmy lol
Yikes.

You'd think you'd need to be able to keep your accent consistent throughout the course of a show to get nominated for one of those.

Again, unless that's what she's being directed to do for some reason. Either way the obvious botox job and inability to move her face properly isn't helping anything, even if it's for the character.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes.

You'd think you'd need to be able to keep your accent consistent throughout the course of a show to get nominated for one of those.

Again, unless that's what she's being directed to do for some reason. Either way the obvious botox job and inability to move her face properly isn't helping anything, even if it's for the character.
obviously the idea is to make her a parody of what an obnoxious rich person would seem to be in a podunk town where she's a big deal and wouldn't be most anywhere else.

As an aside it's funny to me how spoiled we are on TV. This is clearly a golden age for TV programming just in volume and content. I'm a bit of an easier critic on this stuff considering as recent as 15 years ago most of this kind of TV was contained on pay channels.

I think Nip Tuck and Rescue Me were FXs first efforts

idk I'm off topic but the pinnacle of TV was once a show like ER where it became a revolving door of actors and dossiers
episodes were pretty much formulaic. Well... like CSI St Louis and FBI Jacksonville lol

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously the idea is to make her a parody of what an obnoxious rich person would seem to be in a podunk town where she's a big deal and wouldn't be most anywhere else.

As an aside it's funny to me how spoiled we are on TV. This is clearly a golden age for TV programming just in volume and content. I'm a bit of an easier critic on this stuff considering as recent as 15 years ago most of this kind of TV was contained on pay channels.

I think Nip Tuck and Rescue Me were FXs first efforts

idk I'm off topic but the pinnacle of TV was once a show like ER where it became a revolving door of actors and dossiers
episodes were pretty much formulaic. Well... like CSI St Louis and FBI Jacksonville lol
this exactly. This season is about characters who arent what they seem ... I think she is playing this intentionally and it works. The accent is her character trying to speak how she thinks a rich person should speak ... a total put on ... deep down inside theres that dumbass sounding midwest accent (that in some ways is worse lol) that she grew up speaking and it comes out when her character is being real.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....... that's a possibility. Just hard for me to tell with this show anymore after the last 2+ seasons.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....... that's a possibility. Just hard for me to tell with this show anymore after the last 2+ seasons.

season 4 wasn't awful

just bad compared to first 2

Billy Boy is a beast though. Chris Rock in a drama? meh

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
season 4 wasn't awful

That's the problem I've been having with 3-5 in a nutshell. The first two seasons were just so damn good that anything other than that level of quality is a let down.

Seasons 3 and 4 were okay up until a certain point and then took a nose dive the last few episodes. This season has been all over the place to begin with.

Entertaining and some interesting ideas for sure, but I know it can be way better than they're making it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
season 4 wasn't awful

I actually think 4(while not awful) was also significantly worse than 3.

1 and 2 were just pinnacle TV. I dont think they will ever be topped.

I think with 4 eps remaining that s5 has a solid foundation to be #3 overall if they finish strong.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show just gets worse and worse each season other than 2 being arguably on par with 1.

This season was the first to be truly overall not good though. 3 and 4 fell apart the last few episodes but this one......damn. Stopped making sense within a few episodes. And then this finale? lol, what the fuck? I'd like that hour of my life back please.

I was really hoping the dude in the dress was gonna kill the whole family at the end. That would have at least provided some sort of twist. At least season 4 gave us something shocking a few times. This was predictable as hell from the get go.

Shame. I really hope the new season of True Detective isn't this dumb.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last episode was.....interesting lol.

on the bright side it's not one you will likely forget

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great finale and fantastic season overall. Great performances from everyone, both main and secondary players.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great finale and fantastic season overall. Great performances from everyone, both main and secondary players.

I thought it landed safely as the 3rd best season. The ending was a little rushed on one end of the story but for those that read Hawleys take on the final 10 minutes I like the overall premise.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it landed safely as the 3rd best season. The ending was a little rushed on one end of the story but for those that read Hawleys take on the final 10 minutes I like the overall premise.

I liked the beginning of this season... but once they got to the main story that she was a runaway wife running from an abusive husband... it became like every other show/movie about that subject... lost a lot of the Fargo quirkiness... still good... but felt like ive seen it many times...

But i liked the dinner scene at the end... most fargo-like thing to happen since episode 3 or 4...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the beginning of this season... but once they got to the main story that she was a runaway wife running from an abusive husband... it became like every other show/movie about that subject... lost a lot of the Fargo quirkiness... still good... but felt like ive seen it many times...

But i liked the dinner scene at the end... most fargo-like thing to happen since episode 3 or 4...

yep I actually liked the dinner scene

could have gone either way.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the season. Most of the finale wasnt needed. Basically coulda just made ep 9 like 10-20 min longer

But def the 3rd best season behind the first 2 obviously

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the season. Most of the finale wasnt needed. Basically coulda just made ep 9 like 10-20 min longer

agreed. It was kinda anticlimactic on one storyline.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They stretched it out so much. Like you'd get one scene, commercial. Then it comes back for one scene and then right into another commerical

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had forgotten about season 3 with Ewan McGregor. I don't think I disliked that one, but it just didn't register in my memory for some reason.

I didn't mind the season. Very heavy on the Trumpishness of it with Hamm's character. He did play it well though. He plays a good villain.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had forgotten about season 3 with Ewan McGregor. I don't think I disliked that one, but it just didn't register in my memory for some reason.

I didn't mind the season. Very heavy on the Trumpishness of it with Hamm's character. He did play it well though. He plays a good villain.

I have liked them all. Season 4 was the weakest I felt but it was still petty good.

I can see where some would find this to the weakest however.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have liked them all. Season 4 was the weakest I felt but it was still petty good.

I can see where some would find this to the weakest however.
I agree, I enjoyed them all...I just forgot about the McGregor season.

I think the finale was set up weird. All the drama was done by the first 15 minutes and the rest was 1 yr later...

also no update on Gator? Poor kid.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I enjoyed them all...I just forgot about the McGregor season.

I think the finale was set up weird. All the drama was done by the first 15 minutes and the rest was 1 yr later...

also no update on Gator? Poor kid.

idk... didnt think they needed to update on him... He did the right thing at the end... and Dorothy told him she would visit... what else did he need?? a smile in a jail cell??