• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Todd Bowles

Even if I were physically able to wrestle his clothes off and pin him down, don't think I'd be interested

Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craziness.

Aiyuk out for the season with torn ligaments, Deebo in the hospital with fluid in his lungs.
Who would’ve thought we’d be going, “You wanna pick up the guy who got shot in the chest two months ago! That’s the play here!”?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectfully disagree.
Sounds like you guys probably didnt play organized sports. Even when a game is out of reach, the leaders/captains on the team lead. ALWAYS.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectfully disagree.
Sounds like you guys probably didnt play organized sports. Even when a game is out of reach, the leaders/captains on the team lead. ALWAYS.

ALWAYS... except during voluntary workouts, mini camp, preseason, week 18, during contract disputes....

NFL teams regularly bench star players when games are out of hand. I guess one could argue that technically they were only a TD, 2nd onside kick recovery, and a FG away from tying the game, but Tampa just lost the battle and the war

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Godwin got hurt was unfortunate. But they dont stop games because one team has a bigger lead. Why was LJax and the Ravens starters still doing in the game then?

Sorry, the camp, OTA is a different argument to me. What player or coach or parent tells their kids to quit when the going gets tough?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing they both reached on WR in the first rd this spring!
I have a hard time seeing Xavier Worthy as a reach when he was picked right after Darius Robinson and right before Tyler Guyton and I thought they were both firmly rd2.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time seeing Xavier Worthy as a reach when he was picked right after Darius Robinson and right before Tyler Guyton and I thought they were both firmly rd2.

If you thought they were firmly rd2 talents that were drafted in the 1st rd, isn't that considered a reach?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you thought they were firmly rd2 talents that were drafted in the 1st rd, isn't that considered a reach?
Worthy was late 1st-early 2nd. Daniel Jeremiah had Worthy as 31st overall and Pearsall at 40th. Truth be told, I liked AD Mitchell based on his college play but his health likely red flagged him.

Regardless, Andy Reid generally doesnt give early production to rookie WRs. Rashee Rice got his because the rest of the WRs were a bit of a joke. I wouldn't rule that out from happening again.

Worthy as a WR was always a bit of a projection imo because the Texas QB was hot trash at getting him the ball down the field.

Last edited:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectfully disagree.

The fact that Godwin got hurt was unfortunate. But they dont stop games because one team has a bigger lead. Why was LJax and the Ravens starters still doing in the game then?

Sorry, the camp, OTA is a different argument to me. What player or coach or parent tells their kids to quit when the going gets tough?

First of all, pretty sure all of us played organized sports (nice comment by the way), but this is a situation that is unique to football. There are violent collisions on every single play across multiple positions. There isn't much chance or a center fielder getting hurt in a 18-1 blowout in baseball and even in any sports that have collisions (hockey) they have ways of avoiding the collisions that take place. In football there is blocking and tackling no matter what the score is. There's a reason there are technical knockouts in boxing. To protect somebody that is getting their brains beat in from themselves. Of course if the referee asks them if they want to continue they will say yes, but it's his job to stop the fight When a game is out of reach it's on the coach to pull his players. It's not the player's call. Of course they will say they want to play. The coach should say, "No you can't play, because it doesn't make any sense, so sit your ass on the bench and play better earlier if you want to finish games." This isn't on Godwin, this is completely and totally on Todd Bowles. There's a big difference between quitting and protecting your guys in a game you can't win.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yepper this Oiler fan will always remember a team that didn't quit.
I know I know playoff game and all but @TKOSpikes :lm:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit I do respect that persepctive. I do. But if i am Godwin - who i now respect immensely - i would want to be one of the guys out there giving it everything i had.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and let me just add...

as unlikely as it may have been for Tampa to win that game, i blame the Bucs D for giving up that last Ravens TD. Because Mayfield, Otton and Godwin were making it a real possibility