• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now the Browns have Ford, Foreman, Hines and Strong while Chubb is out.

Seems like there will just be a distribution of workload with different skillsets. Good for depth and the team but horrible for fantasy.

Maybe a duo of Ford and Foreman with Hines being like Mckinnon in on passing downs. Foreman most certainly the GL back so that gives him the most value here.
IMHO, Foreman is easily the best RB of that group. However, it was also my opinion that he was the best RB in Chicago last year and was a healthy scratch, multiple times.

I say your assessment is probably spot on, a fantasy headache. Which I would avoid if at all possible, especially considering they will all be moot when/if Chubb returns

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, Foreman is easily the best RB of that group. However, it was also my opinion that he was the best RB in Chicago last year and was a healthy scratch, multiple times.

I say your assessment is probably spot on, a fantasy headache. Which I would avoid if at all possible, especially considering they will all be moot when/if Chubb returns
I think it will be one of those situations where none of them are startable until somebody gets injured. Then we will all flock to the waiver wire and probably pick up the wrong guy as they do what the Rams did last year when Kyren got hurt and just sign Darrell Henderson off his couch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally agree with you. I saw Ford lasr year and I was not impressed. Foreman has been solid for two years when get steady carries. I love this pickup and expect him to be the feature back.
Ford is very inconsistent. Hines is primarily a receiving back and coming off a major injury. I would like to see Strong get more carries, he is a better runner than Ford imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not totally out of the question for them to add another rookie in the mix in the mid rounds. LB and OT is most certainly more important but who knows if Chubb will even come back, let alone be 75% of what we saw of him. You just never know and they obviously aren’t high on Ford.

Problem is they likely only carry 3 RB’s on the roster. Right now Strong is the odd man out, adding another rookie seems a little crazy after the Foreman pickup

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers GM Joe Hortiz has called Gus Edwards “the bell cow” of the backfield.

“He’s the bell cow, the goal line (guy), the finisher,”

Joe Horitz obviously has a very loose definition of the term 'bellcow'. No way he plays in most passing situations/3rd downs. And handing the job to a dude who just finished his first season where it could truly be considered that he was 'the guy', that showed him put up his worst YPC in his career, with Lamar being the defensive focus on most running plays, is suspect at best.

with Herbert under center, and no threats outside, I expect sub 4 ypc from Gus, so much so that Spiller and others, significantly east into that 'bellcow' role.. and that's assuming Harbaugh doesn't find a way to bring Blake Corum into the mix. If he does, Gus will have a very 'late Jerome Bettis' type of season.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joe Horitz obviously has a very loose definition of the term 'bellcow'. No way he plays in most passing situations/3rd downs. And handing the job to a dude who just finished his first season where it could truly be considered that he was 'the guy', that showed him put up his worst YPC in his career, with Lamar being the defensive focus on most running plays, is suspect at best.

with Herbert under center, and no threats outside, I expect sub 4 ypc from Gus, so much so that Spiller and others, significantly east into that 'bellcow' role.. and that's assuming Harbaugh doesn't find a way to bring Blake Corum into the mix. If he does, Gus will have a very 'late Jerome Bettis' type of season.
I agree. Apparently his definition of bellcow is 15-18 carries a game and not playing 3rd downs or 2 minute drills because that's the most that he's going to see. Although, we all know how you feel about him, so it's kind of hard to not hear the utter disdain you have for any news regarding him.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Apparently his definition of bellcow is 15-18 carries a game and not playing 3rd downs or 2 minute drills because that's the most that he's going to see. Although, we all know how you feel about him, so it's kind of hard to not hear the utter disdain you have for any news regarding him.

Coach Speak in action! :D :D :D

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad he's getting his shot even if he will be 29 when the season starts.
He doesnt have the mileage.
Always liked Gus.
Better than that shlub Ahmeer.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The GM

stopped right there

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Week 7 on he was the #9 RB in standard scoring, #14 in PPR.
That was a lot of touchdown equity though. Right now I'm not exactly sure how the Chargers are going to move the ball down the field with an average offensive line and no wide receivers for Herbert to throw the ball to. I think with the way this off-season has gone, there's a really good chance that the Chiefs now have an easier path because everybody else in that division has the chance to be awful.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... bottom line, ain't a dang thing Gus did, or didn't do in Baltimore with Lamar that means a danged thing in LAC with Herbert.

Really doesn't matter if he was rb#1, or #5, not what the split is on the time frame.

I can just as well take Mike Anderson away from the Shanny cheap shot oline system and expect good results

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus Bus >>> King Henry

Come Like It GIF by UFC

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans still making moves, love to see it even if it doesn't work. Felt like last couple years they went stale on offense due to OL play, still think they need to add a couple pieces there in the draft.

If they can get a real deal LT at pick 1.07 this year, things will either work out great for Levis, or Nashville becomes a very attractive landing spot for a veteran QB in-season or next offseason