• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As @SmokingMonkey remarked before, Carolina is trying.

Panthers signed EDGE Jadeveon Clowney, formerly of the Ravens, to a two-year, $20 million contract.

Ian Rapoport was first with the scoop and Adam Schefter later added the contract details. Clowney most recently played in Baltimore, racking up 9.5 sacks and nine TFLs in his only season as a Raven. Now a mercenary, Clowney has played for four different teams in five years since finishing out his rookie contract with the Texans. Even at 31 years old, Clowney is still a top-end pass-rusher. He will join a Carolina front seven looking to retool after a disappointing 2023 campaign.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall seeing anything on him, but shortly after the new kick return rules were announced, C. Patterson signed, for pretty decent money, 2 years to the Steelers.

Sneaky great signing for them. They've got a great situational/ gadget type guy who does whatever it takes to get the job done, and one of the premier returners in the league, right when they SHOULD start to matter again.

Maybe that's where RB's regain their value these days? Without the defense having a 20-40 yard running head start and hitting you like cruise missiles, a kickoff return will essentially be a running play. You've got 9 blockers, and a lead blocker, vs 10 tacklers and a kicker, spread out across 50 yards of space, none of whom can move until you've got the ball, and you get the running head start, you know where those 9 blockers are setting the hole.. if you're a 'lead back', why not add returner to your resume (if not already)? Seems like a good way to get a f-ton more money these days

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that same train of thought..the Chiefs and this Rugby player could be an interesting thing to moniter - especially as a kick returner.

There's been a sprinkling of rugby guys trying the NFL, they rarely do more than bounce around a few practice squads, on rare occasion make a game day roster, but never really make any impact.

But given its the Chiefs, and Andy Reid, and Mahommes - and that they have NOTHING behind Pacheco at the moment..AND they didn't just sign him, they gave him a 3 year contract, with guarantees, there could be something brewing.

At this point, with so few RB's being actual dependable producers, and fantasy owners sometimes being forced into starting those guys who only get 5-8 touches any given week..he could be an option.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall seeing anything on him, but shortly after the new kick return rules were announced, C. Patterson signed, for pretty decent money, 2 years to the Steelers.

Sneaky great signing for them. They've got a great situational/ gadget type guy who does whatever it takes to get the job done, and one of the premier returners in the league, right when they SHOULD start to matter again.

Maybe that's where RB's regain their value these days? Without the defense having a 20-40 yard running head start and hitting you like cruise missiles, a kickoff return will essentially be a running play. You've got 9 blockers, and a lead blocker, vs 10 tacklers and a kicker, spread out across 50 yards of space, none of whom can move until you've got the ball, and you get the running head start, you know where those 9 blockers are setting the hole.. if you're a 'lead back', why not add returner to your resume (if not already)? Seems like a good way to get a f-ton more money these days

I'm thinking those shifty WRs that take end arounds and backfield snaps will be very good in this new format. Deebo coming out of a formation with 9 blockers instead of the 5 or 6 he usually has in front of him would be fun to see

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might actually get some of the more athletic offensive lineman playing on the kickoff return team now too since the defenders aren't going to be getting as much of a running start, so I don't see any reason that you can't put some guys that actually know how to block out there since as Treff said it's going to be a lot more like a running play than a kickoff.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostert signs extension.

Ain't gonna lie, when I saw Mostert's name flash on the screen, my first assumption was that he tore his ACL or MCL or hammy in a conditioning drill
Or just walking to the refrigerator.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain Obvious's weekly 'no shit sherlock' report winner:

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports Cowboys and RB Ezekiel Elliott have mutual interest in a reunion.

it ain't sexy or exciting, but it would fill a hole. And really screw up the possibility of a rookie RB being an obvious early selection.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not NFL news,it did anybody see that kid kick A 64h yard fg for michingn in the new league Saturday?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not NFL news,it did anybody see that kid kick A 64h yard fg for michingn in the new league Saturday?

You have to remember the air is thin in Detroit and lots of kickers kick 60+ yard FGs there to end games.

Tom Dempsey 63
Justin Tucker 61 and 66
Jake Bates 64 first one for a Detroit team

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruh Roh, Rashee.

The Dallas Morning News reports Chiefs WR Rashee Rice is wanted “in connection with a major (car) accident Saturday evening in northeast Dallas.”
“A vehicle believed to be registered or leased to Rice was involved in a crash on North Central Expressway at about 6:20 p.m.,” officials told the paper. Follow-up reports have specified Rice is believed to have been involved in a street race that resulted in a six-car pileup. Not good. He has apparently yet to be found as of Sunday morning. Rice will undoubtedly link up with officials Easter Sunday, but that could be just the beginning of his troubles in the matter. Stay tuned.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember the air is thin in Detroit and lots of kickers kick 60+ yard FGs there to end games.

Tom Dempsey 63
Justin Tucker 61 and 66
Jake Bates 64 first one for a Detroit team
they said it was his first since before hs.he kicked one before but st Louis had called time

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruh Roh, Rashee.

The Dallas Morning News reports Chiefs WR Rashee Rice is wanted “in connection with a major (car) accident Saturday evening in northeast Dallas.”
“A vehicle believed to be registered or leased to Rice was involved in a crash on North Central Expressway at about 6:20 p.m.,” officials told the paper. Follow-up reports have specified Rice is believed to have been involved in a street race that resulted in a six-car pileup. Not good. He has apparently yet to be found as of Sunday morning. Rice will undoubtedly link up with officials Easter Sunday, but that could be just the beginning of his troubles in the matter. Stay tuned.

Hollywood Brown to the moon!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruh Roh, Rashee.

You can see another driver's dash cam footage here:

Video: Dashcam footage shows multi-vehicle collision allegedly involving NFL receiver Rashee Rice

Two expensive cars. Either they're both Rice's or I bet there's another player involved. Three guys (not the driver) get out of the Lamborghini as the camera goes by.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can see another driver's dash cam footage here:

Video: Dashcam footage shows multi-vehicle collision allegedly involving NFL receiver Rashee Rice

Two expensive cars. Either they're both Rice's or I bet there's another player involved. Three guys (not the driver) get out of the Lamborghini as the camera goes by.
Rumors beginning to swirl. Yesterday, it was a street race, today it's a gun deal gone wrong. One witness said she saw a guy take a bag of guns, but I sure don't see any of that in the vid.

Apparently, Rashee has retained counsel and is "cooperating with authorities". That's a quote from his lawyer.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said the team’s offense won’t be “reliant” on run-pass options in 2024.
Asked about using Derrick Henry in run-pass option (RPO) plays alongside Lamar Jackson in the Ravens backfield, Harbaugh said the team wouldn’t lean too heavily on RPOs this season. “I think we’re in the right place with our RPOs,” Harbaugh said. “I don’t think it’s something that we’re going to like go wholesale towards, because Lamar has got so many different ways he plays the game, and there are other things we like to do, to be honest with you. ... I don’t see us going towards like [a] specific offense that runs those more than anybody else

Ok, a little context here- according to Pro Football reference, The Ravens ran 46 rush attempts from an RPO (5th most), and an additional 90 pass attempts (4th most) from an RPO play. Which puts them behind only Philly and LAC for the most RPO plays in the league (Philly 176 times, LAC 139 - And LAC is under new leadership-, Baltimore 136) .
most others were in the lower 100's or below 100 RPO plays.

They're already running "more than anybody else" (more or less), so if they 'think we're in the right place with our RPO's", I would expect a continued heavy dosage of RPO's. Maybe that won't increase, but I can't imagine why it would decrease, that's what works for Lamar, because, it's painfully evident, he cannot win big games from the pocket, period.

Only good things stacking up for King Henry's farewell tour.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said the team’s offense won’t be “reliant” on run-pass options in 2024.
Asked about using Derrick Henry in run-pass option (RPO) plays alongside Lamar Jackson in the Ravens backfield, Harbaugh said the team wouldn’t lean too heavily on RPOs this season. “I think we’re in the right place with our RPOs,” Harbaugh said. “I don’t think it’s something that we’re going to like go wholesale towards, because Lamar has got so many different ways he plays the game, and there are other things we like to do, to be honest with you. ... I don’t see us going towards like [a] specific offense that runs those more than anybody else

Ok, a little context here- according to Pro Football reference, The Ravens ran 46 rush attempts from an RPO (5th most), and an additional 90 pass attempts (4th most) from an RPO play. Which puts them behind only Philly and LAC for the most RPO plays in the league (Philly 176 times, LAC 139 - And LAC is under new leadership-, Baltimore 136) .
most others were in the lower 100's or below 100 RPO plays.

They're already running "more than anybody else" (more or less), so if they 'think we're in the right place with our RPO's", I would expect a continued heavy dosage of RPO's. Maybe that won't increase, but I can't imagine why it would decrease, that's what works for Lamar, because, it's painfully evident, he cannot win big games from the pocket, period.

Only good things stacking up for King Henry's farewell tour.
just for S's and G's..
comparatively -
The Raiders ran only a total of 25 RPO's,
The Rams 29
the Jets 30
9'ers 36
Lions 39
Texan's 43

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors beginning to swirl. Yesterday, it was a street race, today it's a gun deal gone wrong. One witness said she saw a guy take a bag of guns, but I sure don't see any of that in the vid.

Apparently, Rashee has retained counsel and is "cooperating with authorities". That's a quote from his lawyer.
Dude is a bonehead obviously. Leasing a lambo, better wait till you get to your second contract to do all that. If he gets to it.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just for S's and G's..
comparatively -
The Raiders ran only a total of 25 RPO's,
The Rams 29
the Jets 30
9'ers 36
Lions 39
Texan's 43

JimmyG/Aiden OConnell
Stafford
Zach Wilson/Simian/Boyle
Goff

I'll give Purdy and Stroud a pass here, but these other guys damn well better not be running RPOs. There won't be any confusion if the defense knows the QB isn't running on the play, kinda defeats the purpose of the RPO

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JimmyG/Aiden OConnell
Stafford
Zach Wilson/Simian/Boyle
Goff

I'll give Purdy and Stroud a pass here, but these other guys damn well better not be running RPOs. There won't be any confusion if the defense knows the QB isn't running on the play, kinda defeats the purpose of the RPO
Oh fer sure, that's why it was just for S's n G's.

I was pretty surprised that LAC and Herbert ran RPO's at basically the same rate as Lamar though.