• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Callahan says he currently views Pollard/Spears as interchangeable pieces but also that once pads go on and they play some games, roles would get more defined

My take: explains a bit why they went with 2 RBs with similar skill sets, potentially get more out of both if they're competing for snaps. Easier to disguise rush vs pass against defenses. I guess the red zone rushing plan is for Levis QB sneak? Still need a LT for any of this to work.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Callahan says he currently views Pollard/Spears as interchangeable pieces but also that once pads go on and they play some games, roles would get more defined

My take: explains a bit why they went with 2 RBs with similar skill sets, potentially get more out of both if they're competing for snaps. Easier to disguise rush vs pass against defenses. I guess the red zone rushing plan is for Levis QB sneak? Still need a LT for any of this to work.
Chances of nabbing Alt are good.

Legit skill positions and always a solid receiving back on the field, plus a pass-happy HC... Levis should be an above-average FF QB.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances of nabbing Alt are good.

Legit skill positions and always a solid receiving back on the field, plus a pass-happy HC... Levis should be an above-average FF QB.
No doubt.. with 4 QB's, and most likely 1-2 WR's being over drafted in front of them, that top tackle gets pushed down. Only way he wouldn't is if ARZ or NYG throw a change up and take him over Harrison/Nabors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CoachSpeak!

Hey @averagejoe didn't you start a thread about this?

Vikings HC Kevin O’Connell said he believes Sam Darnold’s “best football is ahead of him.”

The Vikings inked Darnold to a one-year, $10 million deal this offseason. Currently in line to be the Vikings QB1, Darnold’s season-long outlook will be directly tied to what the Vikings do in the upcoming draft. Currently holding two 2024 first-round picks, the Vikings have been rumored as a heavy favorite to trade up in attempt to land one of the top quarterbacks in this year’s draft, which could put a hard cap on the number of games Darnold starts in 2024. Darnold started only one game for the 49ers last season and threw for 297-2-1 on 46 passes. With an elite group of offensive weapons already in place in Minnesota, Darnold could make for an interesting streaming option for fantasy as long as he is starting games.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CoachSpeak!

Vikings HC Kevin O’Connell said he believes Sam Darnold’s “best football is ahead of him.”

The Vikings inked Darnold to a one-year, $10 million deal this offseason. Currently in line to be the Vikings QB1, Darnold’s season-long outlook will be directly tied to what the Vikings do in the upcoming draft. Currently holding two 2024 first-round picks, the Vikings have been rumored as a heavy favorite to trade up in attempt to land one of the top quarterbacks in this year’s draft, which could put a hard cap on the number of games Darnold starts in 2024. Darnold started only one game for the 49ers last season and threw for 297-2-1 on 46 passes. With an elite group of offensive weapons already in place in Minnesota, Darnold could make for an interesting streaming option for fantasy as long as he is starting games.
To be fair, Darnolds 'best football' is a fairly low bar

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New kickoff test run this season, I like that the league is putting effort into making the parts that became boring on their own (XPs) and that became boring due to rule changes (kickoffs) into potentially exciting plays with more 2pts conversions and less touch backs

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New kickoff test run this season, I like that the league is putting effort into making the parts that became boring on their own (XPs) and that became boring due to rule changes (kickoffs) into potentially exciting plays with more 2pts conversions and less touch backs
NFL owners voted to adopt the XFL’s kickoff rules for the 2024 season.

Twenty-nine of the league’s 32 teams approved of the change, with the Niners, Packers, and Raiders voting against the rule adoption. Under the new rules, any kickoff that ends up in the “landing zone” — between the goal line and the 20 yard line — must be returned. The changes will essentially stop touchbacks, which would award the ball at the 35 yard line. Once implemented, the hybrid kickoff will make kickoffs a far more important part of the game. NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero said NFL officials hope the rule change can “will yield what it wants: fewer injuries and more returns” in 2024 and beyond.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CoachSpeak!

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL owners voted to adopt the XFL’s kickoff rules for the 2024 season.

Twenty-nine of the league’s 32 teams approved of the change, with the Niners, Packers, and Raiders voting against the rule adoption. Under the new rules, any kickoff that ends up in the “landing zone” — between the goal line and the 20 yard line — must be returned. The changes will essentially stop touchbacks, which would award the ball at the 35 yard line. Once implemented, the hybrid kickoff will make kickoffs a far more important part of the game. NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero said NFL officials hope the rule change can “will yield what it wants: fewer injuries and more returns” in 2024 and beyond.
So from what I understand-
Touchbacks in the endzone still exist, out to the 30 yard line for the change of possession.
no more fair catches outside the end zone that essentially used to be considered 'touchbacks'
the receiving team's 30-40 yard lines will be full of 10 dudes from the kicking team, and at least 9 members of the receiving team, who can't move until the ball lands, or is touched by a receiving team member.
Onside kicks will have to be declared, and will still use the ridiculous 'new' setup' that we've seen the past couple years which result in a near zero success rate.
Any kicks that land ahead of the receiving team's 20 yard line, are dead at the spot, which means no more squibs (most likely)

So to me..this will put a little more emphasis on the skill of the kicker attempting to hit sky balls on kickoffs that will land inside the five, but not the endzone, as opposed to just practicing 60 yard field goals and blasting it out the back of the end zone.

And if the special teams coach is any good, maybe some real value to those Rb's, WR's and DB's (in IDP leagues) that return kicks..kinda like the good old days

Sounds good to me.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Cowboys just taking their lumps this season to set themselves up for next season?

Looks like the opposite of what the 49ers and Eagles experienced with a cheap QB and money for the rest of the roster.

This will be what it looks like when a QB who doesn't really take over games gets hellacash and the team doesn't want to extend him, so they can't spread out the hit.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Cowboys just taking their lumps this season to set themselves up for next season?

Looks like the opposite of what the 49ers and Eagles experienced with a cheap QB and money for the rest of the roster.

This will be what it looks like when a QB who doesn't really take over games gets hellacash and the team doesn't want to extend him, so they can't spread out the hit.
tough to say..I can only assume they've identified some targets in the draft that they'll be happy with, and are willing to rummage through the leftovers in the second wave of free agency after the draft for anything else.

I can't understand for the life of me why they haven't/won't extend/restructure Dak, only thing I could imagine would be that they actually think Trey Lance can take over soon, which is just crazy to think about at the moment.

They certainly aren't in a position to 'set themselves up' for a great draft spot next year..with Dak/Lamb/Cooks and one of the best D's on paper in the league, there's little to no chance they are bad enough to have a top 10 pick, let alone something better. Especially in a division with the G-men and the Commanders in full on rebuild modes. They'd REALLY have to try hard to be that bad.

Really, all they are truly lacking in is a center, a LG or a LT, and a RB. maybe they think they've got starters with the back up lineman they already have? Maybe that's the target in the first round, with a RB in the 2nd or the third? And if they miss out in the draft on a RB, Rashaad Penny, Zeke, Hunt..all would be cheap alternatives that can handle whatever is needed between them and R. Dowdle/M. Davis. Be a huge mistake IMHO to get CEH or Akers..basically the same type of back Dowdle/Davis are.

Regardless it takes between 10-15 mill to sign a full draft class and they currently are sitting at just over 6mill, so they'll still have to do something anyways (as will the other 12 teams with less than 10 mil to spend.)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough to say..I can only assume they've identified some targets in the draft that they'll be happy with, and are willing to rummage through the leftovers in the second wave of free agency after the draft for anything else.

I can't understand for the life of me why they haven't/won't extend/restructure Dak, only thing I could imagine would be that they actually think Trey Lance can take over soon, which is just crazy to think about at the moment.

They certainly aren't in a position to 'set themselves up' for a great draft spot next year..with Dak/Lamb/Cooks and one of the best D's on paper in the league, there's little to no chance they are bad enough to have a top 10 pick, let alone something better. Especially in a division with the G-men and the Commanders in full on rebuild modes. They'd REALLY have to try hard to be that bad.

Really, all they are truly lacking in is a center, a LG or a LT, and a RB. maybe they think they've got starters with the back up lineman they already have? Maybe that's the target in the first round, with a RB in the 2nd or the third? And if they miss out in the draft on a RB, Rashaad Penny, Zeke, Hunt..all would be cheap alternatives that can handle whatever is needed between them and R. Dowdle/M. Davis. Be a huge mistake IMHO to get CEH or Akers..basically the same type of back Dowdle/Davis are.

Regardless it takes between 10-15 mill to sign a full draft class and they currently are sitting at just over 6mill, so they'll still have to do something anyways (as will the other 12 teams with less than 10 mil to spend.)
Even if they let Dak go FA next year, they still have to pay him 40 mil.

On the other hand, if they extend his contract, probably gonna cost around 200 mil, but they'll have him around for what, another 4 years?

I find it hard to believe that they are so disenchanted with him, they'll eat the 40 mil, but who knows?

I can't figure out the Jones Boys thinking process at all this year. :what: :what: :what:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they let Dak go FA next year, they still have to pay him 40 mil.

On the other hand, if they extend his contract, probably gonna cost around 200 mil, but they'll have him around for what, another 4 years?

I find it hard to believe that they are so disenchanted with him, they'll eat the 40 mil, but who knows?

I can't figure out the Jones Boys thinking process at all this year. :what: :what: :what:

Jones has been enamored with the high number fantasy QB over the past 10 to 15 years. When they were winning SBs with Aikman, he was not a good fantasy QB. Aikman would be the guy you take if you skipped on QB and needed one late.