• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why didn't they score in the 2nd half against the Chiefs? Even a few first downs could have won it. But they couldn't move it at all.
Why didn't the Seahawks 'run the damned ball' with Marshawn? why didn't the Titans give the ball to Henry every single play? Sometimes they get too cute, sometimes the defense wins

can't grab one tiny little sample and extrapolate that the entire system doesn't work.

I think you'd be supremely disappointed if they tried to turn Hurts into a strict pocket passer.

Kellen Moore did wonders for the Dallas offense, I can't explain WTF happened in LAC other than injuries to key players jsut couldn't be overcome, but I think him as the Eagles OC will be great for Hurts, Brown, Smith and Barkley

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am being honest, i dont understand RPO.
Isnt every single play called a run-pass option based on defensive alignments and audibles?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt every single play called a run-pass option based on defensive alignments and audibles?

maybe in the huddle and at the line pre-snap
RPOs are about what goes on after the snap, where in-the-moment decision-making combines with athletic ability, add a dash of trickery/sleight of hand sprinkled on top.

I could be wrong, but a real threat of QB taking the ball and running has to be present for it to be considered an RPO vs play-action pass

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe in the huddle and at the line pre-snap
RPOs are about what goes on after the snap, where in-the-moment decision-making combines with athletic ability, add a dash of trickery/sleight of hand sprinkled on top.

I could be wrong, but a real threat of QB taking the ball and running has to be present for it to be considered an RPO vs play-action pass

I looked it up - the difference between RPO and play action is how the OL blocks.

play action = pass block
RPO = run block - OL supposed to strike first/forward like a normal running play but not go downfield in case it ends up being a passing play

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch the Manningcast on Monday nights, Peyton Manning hates RPO's. Every time they run one and there's a penalty for a lineman blocking downfield because they thought it was a running play, it drives Peyton crazy. He says that he like R's and he like P's, but they should always be separate otherwise your offensive line doesn't know what the hell you're doing. It's not fair for the lineman to get that penalty. It should be on the quarterback or the coach, but he's just doing his job and he gets flagged for it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch the Manningcast on Monday nights, Peyton Manning hates RPO's. Every time they run one and there's a penalty for a lineman blocking downfield because they thought it was a running play, it drives Peyton crazy. He says that he like R's and he like P's, but they should always be separate otherwise your offensive line doesn't know what the hell you're doing. It's not fair for the lineman to get that penalty. It should be on the quarterback or the coach, but he's just doing his job and he gets flagged for it.
I'm %100 in agreement with him. But this fascination with QB's who can only excel at playground football..that's where we are. When one of them wins a Super Bowl or two, perhaps I'll revisit my thoughts on it. Until then, Lamar, Hurts, Feilds..etc..they can win fantasy titles, maybe they can win a regular season MVP with their video game numbers, but they can't win a Lombardi.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't the Seahawks 'run the damned ball' with Marshawn? why didn't the Titans give the ball to Henry every single play? Sometimes they get too cute, sometimes the defense wins

can't grab one tiny little sample and extrapolate that the entire system doesn't work.

I think you'd be supremely disappointed if they tried to turn Hurts into a strict pocket passer.

Kellen Moore did wonders for the Dallas offense, I can't explain WTF happened in LAC other than injuries to key players jsut couldn't be overcome, but I think him as the Eagles OC will be great for Hurts, Brown, Smith and Barkley
The RPO doesn't win in the playoffs with Lamar either. Hurts and the Eagles aren't the only example. You need some other bread and butter. Something that can get the defense on 3rd and 7.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RPO doesn't win in the playoffs with Lamar either. Hurts and the Eagles aren't the only example. You need some other bread and butter. Something that can get the defense on 3rd and 7.
oh well THAT I %100 agree with, see above.

But it does make for great fantasy football enjoyment throughout the season.

QB's have to win form the pocket to bring home a Lombardi, period. Doesn't mean they can't be a great, fun, exciting football team that is a pleasure to watch every week, on the side.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm %100 in agreement with him. But this fascination with QB's who can only excel at playground football..that's where we are. When one of them wins a Super Bowl or two, perhaps I'll revisit my thoughts on it. Until then, Lamar, Hurts, Feilds..etc..they can win fantasy titles, maybe they can win a regular season MVP with their video game numbers, but they can't win a Lombardi.
Hurts was close as shit. Fumbled away the ball on the first drive and was still leading at halftime. Needed the game to come down to a ticky tack penalty to lose it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh well THAT I %100 agree with, see above.

But it does make for great fantasy football enjoyment throughout the season.

QB's have to win form the pocket to bring home a Lombardi, period. Doesn't mean they can't be a great, fun, exciting football team that is a pleasure to watch every week, on the side.
I hate watching it. I hate what it's done to fantasy football. Basically ruined it.

Make every QB yard the same value. Instant fix.
But no one anywhere wants to do it. :mad2:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts was close as shit. Fumbled away the ball on the first drive and was still leading at halftime. Needed the game to come down to a ticky tack penalty to lose it.
unfortunately..close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades..woulda coulda shoulda..and all that.. :)

RW remains the only guy that could have been considered a 'run first' type guy to win one..and even he was more than capable, at least at that stage of his career, of winning from the pocket.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is a bonehead obviously. Leasing a lambo, better wait till you get to your second contract to do all that. If he gets to it.
Not only did he lease the lambo, he owns the Corvette, and now apparently he has admitted he's involved in the whole thing.

It's beginning to look like he may have been driving the lambo.

I was kinda hoping that he'd just lent the cars out to some friends or something.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shenualt to Seattle... again...booo..
Why? To NEVER see the feild? I've given up expecting anything out of him in fantasy terms, but why go where you're not even going to be in consideration to even imagine you'll be one of the top 3 WR's on the team? Plenty of teams out there where you could at least compete to be the #3, Seattle ain't one of em

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shenualt to Seattle... again...booo..
Why? To NEVER see the feild? I've given up expecting anything out of him in fantasy terms, but why go where you're not even going to be in consideration to even imagine you'll be one of the top 3 WR's on the team? Plenty of teams out there where you could at least compete to be the #3, Seattle ain't one of em

Collect a paycheck and don't get tackled? Sign me up

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did he lease the lambo, he owns the Corvette, and now apparently he has admitted he's involved in the whole thing.

It's beginning to look like he may have been driving the lambo.

I was kinda hoping that he'd just lent the cars out to some friends or something.
Crazy after two days of hiding he didn't come up with a better story.