• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quin remains in BigD..that tells me MM is outta there after next season, barring a Super Bowl victory. Can't imagine Quin not taking a HC job if he didn't have certain assurances from Jerra going forward.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quin remains in BigD..that tells me MM is outta there after next season, barring a Super Bowl victory. Can't imagine Quin not taking a HC job if he didn't have certain assurances from Jerra going forward.
I think after Denver and Chicago went elsewhere Quinn knew he wasn't getting a HC job this year, and that's the whole story.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after Denver and Chicago went elsewhere Quinn knew he wasn't getting a HC job this year, and that's the whole story.
According to the Denver talking heads, Quinn made the call first, then they hired Hackett after Quinn said he was withdrawing ..and they say the same with Chicago...which jives..j. both Denver and Chicago announcing hires within minutes?? I would say the commonality would be Quinn withdrawing first would be more likely to cuase those two events to happen at the same time. Had it been the other way, I have to think there'd be a bigger gap between the two.

And they weren't his only options

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Denver talking heads, Quinn made the call first, then they hired Hackett after Quinn said he was withdrawing ..and they say the same with Chicago...which jives..j. both Denver and Chicago announcing hires within minutes?? I would say the commonality would be Quinn withdrawing first would be more likely to cuase those two events to happen at the same time. Had it been the other way, I have to think there'd be a bigger gap between the two.

And they weren't his only options
Hm. Would even Jerrah think putting a key guy in position to advance if the team loses is a good idea?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hm. Would even Jerrah think putting a key guy in position to advance if the team loses is a good idea?
I think that's right in Jerra's wheelhouse actually..probably spinning the same to Kellen Moore. And it's not unprecedented..Patriots have long been thought to be saying the same to McDaniels, although BB has to retire/fail miserably first, not just simply not win/make the SB...little bit more chits built up than MM

And it more or less what he did with Jason Garrett too...which lends credence to it being a bad idea. But you know Jerra, he hasn't met a bad idea yet that he didn't try

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, I've noticed this, and it's been part of my Dynasty strategy. He's favored Lazard only because he's had to.

When MVS has been there, it's been a different story.

@Trudem , have you noticed this as well?

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports Aaron Rodgers has “told people in confidence” he wants free agents Davante Adams and Marquez Valdes-Scantling wherever he plays next season.​

The report comes after Rodgers said “everything’s on the table” when talking about his future on the Pat McAfee Show. Rodgers had the Packers void the final year of his contract (2023) as part of last season's holdout and there are rumors the Broncos hiring of Nathaniel Hackett as their head coach was made as a play to land the soon to be MVP. The Packers’ front office missteps — from drafting Jordan Love to balking at Rodgers and Adams extensions — are the driving force behind Rodgers wanting out. An NFC Divisional run and second consecutive MVP increases his chances of staying, but with a negative cap situation and GM Brian Gutekunst returning, it shouldn’t surprise anyone if 2021 ends up as Rodgers’s last season in Green Bay.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, I've noticed this, and it's been part of my Dynasty strategy. He's favored Lazard only because he's had to.

When MVS has been there, it's been a different story.

@Trudem , have you noticed this as well?

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports Aaron Rodgers has “told people in confidence” he wants free agents Davante Adams and Marquez Valdes-Scantling wherever he plays next season.​

The report comes after Rodgers said “everything’s on the table” when talking about his future on the Pat McAfee Show. Rodgers had the Packers void the final year of his contract (2023) as part of last season's holdout and there are rumors the Broncos hiring of Nathaniel Hackett as their head coach was made as a play to land the soon to be MVP. The Packers’ front office missteps — from drafting Jordan Love to balking at Rodgers and Adams extensions — are the driving force behind Rodgers wanting out. An NFC Divisional run and second consecutive MVP increases his chances of staying, but with a negative cap situation and GM Brian Gutekunst returning, it shouldn’t surprise anyone if 2021 ends up as Rodgers’s last season in Green Bay.
Granted, i am not Trudem..but... :)

Here's the thing that gets me, let's assume Rodgers forces that trade, and that Adams doesn't get franchised. Let's also assume, based on all the rumors and whispers, the tea leaves of Hackett, that Packers Oline coach that likely will be the Broncos new OC, and Rodgers chicky being a Boulder-ite, that Denver is the most likely spot for a trade.

Broncos JUST resigned Cortland Sutton to a fairly big money deal, they JUST resigned Tim Patrick to a decent sized deal, they also have Juedy and Hamler..even considering the probability that Juedy is part of the trade package, and that they have a projected 39+ million in cap space (all of which, plus some, would be Rodgers contract baring a very reworked extension) how do they get Adams who is rumored to be looking at 30 mill a year, and WHY, of WHY would they ever entertain making room for MVS?

And more to your point, why is Rodgers suddenly voiching for MVS? if they had any real connection, why hasn't this physical freak who is taller and longer than anyone in the field, and can damned near run with Tyreek, stride for stride, ever been a viable WR??

I don't get it...like at all.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, i am not Trudem..but... :)

Here's the thing that gets me, let's assume Rodgers forces that trade, and that Adams doesn't get franchised. Let's also assume, based on all the rumors and whispers, the tea leaves of Hackett, that Packers Oline coach that likely will be the Broncos new OC, and Rodgers chicky being a Boulder-ite, that Denver is the most likely spot for a trade.

Broncos JUST resigned Cortland Sutton to a fairly big money deal, they JUST resigned Tim Patrick to a decent sized deal, they also have Juedy and Hamler..even considering the probability that Juedy is part of the trade package, and that they have a projected 39+ million in cap space (all of which, plus some, would be Rodgers contract baring a very reworked extension) how do they get Adams who is rumored to be looking at 30 mill a year, and WHY, of WHY would they ever entertain making room for MVS?

And more to your point, why is Rodgers suddenly voiching for MVS? if they had any real connection, why hasn't this physical freak who is taller and longer than anyone in the field, and can damned near run with Tyreek, stride for stride, ever been a viable WR??

I don't get it...like at all.
I get what you're saying but again, from what I've seen, when MVS has been in there, he's been Rodgers' favorite target after Adams.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there was hints, but I'm still shocked.

Tom Brady

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Tom Brady is retiring from the NFL after 22 seasons.​

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders hire Josh McD...
View attachment 288008

The Athletic's Vic Tafur reports Raiders players "were disappointed to hear the news" that the team hired Josh McDaniels as head coach.​

Derek Carr, Josh Jacobs, and Maxx Crosby spoke glowingly of Rich Bisaccia's leadership in the days before the Raiders hired McDaniels as their next head coach. Bisaccia, a real football guy who endeared himself to players and fans, helped right the Raiders ship after Jon Gruden was fired following the publication of racist emails. He led Vegas to an improbable playoff berth and fell just short of upsetting the Bengals in the Wild Card round. Tafur reported the Raiders "coaching staff was disappointed and a little bitter" by the news of McDaniels' hiring. McDaniels, whose first head coaching stint (with Denver) was an abject disaster, has a lot of trust-earning to do in the coming weeks and months. "The players will get over it. They always do," Tafur said. "They have no choice. They will meet McDaniels and be optimistic by training camp."

Sounds like they were more disappointed in the fact that it was not Bisaccia, but the headline made me laugh...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he have a lot of politics goin' on when he was with the Broncos? Damn good OC.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he have a lot of politics goin' on when he was with the Broncos? Damn good OC.
There was good and bad all around, his first year, he and Nolan had a good thing going as both sides of the ball were in the top half of everything, but for whatever reason they blew the second half of the season big tim. McD used Nolan as a scape goat, and then the D really stunk in 2010. McD also his videotaping scandal, but he had already proven at that point he was in over his head as head coach.

Traded Cutler because he "didn't trust him", tried to trade him to NE first, which was viewed as kinda shady. drafted Tim Tebow in the first round - although he also draft Moreno, Dem. Thomas, and Eric Decker too.

To be fair he was 32-33 at the time, and being a first time HC, who also was his own GM in essence, he probably just wasn't ready.

But I don't trust him. Virtually none of the NE assistants who leave the nest and try to instil the 'Patriot way' have succeeded.

Good news for Josh Jacobs though, the guy does know how to create a productive offense that can really produce numbers at the RB spot, and Jacons is a true 3 down back that just never really got to play 3rd downs until after Gruden got fired. I'm not sure what it means for Carr though. Contract year for Carr, he's well above average as a QB, but he's not the guy that will elevate the talent around him. That, and, like I said, McD had no issues sending Cutler packing, and Cutler was by far the best QB Denver had had since Elway retired. So I wouldn't be at all shocked if we see the Raiders heavily involved in any Rodgers/Wilson/Watson/Cousins trade rumors. Heck, maybe he really likes Marriota, signs him to a cheaper extension, and just adds Carr to that list of names of QB's potentially on the trade block? They could use the draft capital after Chucky/Mayok absolutely SUCKED at the draft, wasting all those high picks they got trading Mack and Cooper.
I just hope he gets a DC that can handle his side.