• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot harder to get the #1 seed if you're joining that division.

But I'm not convinced Rodgers is all about the rings.
He got one...so yeah I would totally agree. Now if he didn't have one yet..I'd give him a little benefit of doubt
He likes being a high profile public figure rather than someone that eats, lives and breathes football
Well he'll be carried through the streets on a golden throne like Xerces in Denver, that much is obvious

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ben officially calling it quits today too

No surprise, but big news regardless.

Do they really go with Rudolph, or are they in platform Rosgers, Wilson, Watson, Cousins?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do they really go with Rudolph, or are they in platform Rosgers, Wilson, Watson, Cousins?
They cant go with the dented head QB...he sucks

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winston maybe. He seems to have finally grown up. They don’t need to go nuts at QB.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No not Watson....or they become my enemy again
...im just getting over all the love lost when the Steelers were the only team that could stop my beloved Oilers....and TKO im talking pre Buffalo debacle

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory on Rodgers:

Stafford wins a SB with the Rams. Stafford retires. Rams suddenly need a QB and Rodgers has dreams of being an actor, so what a nice fit to be the QB in L.A.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory on Rodgers:

Stafford wins a SB with the Rams. Stafford retires. Rams suddenly need a QB and Rodgers has dreams of being an actor, so what a nice fit to be the QB in L.A.

Stafford wins a Super Bowl and Kelly tells the fans of LA that they do not deserve Stafford. She pisses everyone off to the point that LA sends Stafford to Green Bay as part of a trade to get Rodgers.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quin remains in BigD..that tells me MM is outta there after next season, barring a Super Bowl victory. Can't imagine Quin not taking a HC job if he didn't have certain assurances from Jerra going forward.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quin remains in BigD..that tells me MM is outta there after next season, barring a Super Bowl victory. Can't imagine Quin not taking a HC job if he didn't have certain assurances from Jerra going forward.
I think after Denver and Chicago went elsewhere Quinn knew he wasn't getting a HC job this year, and that's the whole story.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after Denver and Chicago went elsewhere Quinn knew he wasn't getting a HC job this year, and that's the whole story.
According to the Denver talking heads, Quinn made the call first, then they hired Hackett after Quinn said he was withdrawing ..and they say the same with Chicago...which jives..j. both Denver and Chicago announcing hires within minutes?? I would say the commonality would be Quinn withdrawing first would be more likely to cuase those two events to happen at the same time. Had it been the other way, I have to think there'd be a bigger gap between the two.

And they weren't his only options

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Denver talking heads, Quinn made the call first, then they hired Hackett after Quinn said he was withdrawing ..and they say the same with Chicago...which jives..j. both Denver and Chicago announcing hires within minutes?? I would say the commonality would be Quinn withdrawing first would be more likely to cuase those two events to happen at the same time. Had it been the other way, I have to think there'd be a bigger gap between the two.

And they weren't his only options
Hm. Would even Jerrah think putting a key guy in position to advance if the team loses is a good idea?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hm. Would even Jerrah think putting a key guy in position to advance if the team loses is a good idea?
I think that's right in Jerra's wheelhouse actually..probably spinning the same to Kellen Moore. And it's not unprecedented..Patriots have long been thought to be saying the same to McDaniels, although BB has to retire/fail miserably first, not just simply not win/make the SB...little bit more chits built up than MM

And it more or less what he did with Jason Garrett too...which lends credence to it being a bad idea. But you know Jerra, he hasn't met a bad idea yet that he didn't try

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, I've noticed this, and it's been part of my Dynasty strategy. He's favored Lazard only because he's had to.

When MVS has been there, it's been a different story.

@Trudem , have you noticed this as well?

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports Aaron Rodgers has “told people in confidence” he wants free agents Davante Adams and Marquez Valdes-Scantling wherever he plays next season.​

The report comes after Rodgers said “everything’s on the table” when talking about his future on the Pat McAfee Show. Rodgers had the Packers void the final year of his contract (2023) as part of last season's holdout and there are rumors the Broncos hiring of Nathaniel Hackett as their head coach was made as a play to land the soon to be MVP. The Packers’ front office missteps — from drafting Jordan Love to balking at Rodgers and Adams extensions — are the driving force behind Rodgers wanting out. An NFC Divisional run and second consecutive MVP increases his chances of staying, but with a negative cap situation and GM Brian Gutekunst returning, it shouldn’t surprise anyone if 2021 ends up as Rodgers’s last season in Green Bay.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, I've noticed this, and it's been part of my Dynasty strategy. He's favored Lazard only because he's had to.

When MVS has been there, it's been a different story.

@Trudem , have you noticed this as well?

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports Aaron Rodgers has “told people in confidence” he wants free agents Davante Adams and Marquez Valdes-Scantling wherever he plays next season.​

The report comes after Rodgers said “everything’s on the table” when talking about his future on the Pat McAfee Show. Rodgers had the Packers void the final year of his contract (2023) as part of last season's holdout and there are rumors the Broncos hiring of Nathaniel Hackett as their head coach was made as a play to land the soon to be MVP. The Packers’ front office missteps — from drafting Jordan Love to balking at Rodgers and Adams extensions — are the driving force behind Rodgers wanting out. An NFC Divisional run and second consecutive MVP increases his chances of staying, but with a negative cap situation and GM Brian Gutekunst returning, it shouldn’t surprise anyone if 2021 ends up as Rodgers’s last season in Green Bay.
Granted, i am not Trudem..but... :)

Here's the thing that gets me, let's assume Rodgers forces that trade, and that Adams doesn't get franchised. Let's also assume, based on all the rumors and whispers, the tea leaves of Hackett, that Packers Oline coach that likely will be the Broncos new OC, and Rodgers chicky being a Boulder-ite, that Denver is the most likely spot for a trade.

Broncos JUST resigned Cortland Sutton to a fairly big money deal, they JUST resigned Tim Patrick to a decent sized deal, they also have Juedy and Hamler..even considering the probability that Juedy is part of the trade package, and that they have a projected 39+ million in cap space (all of which, plus some, would be Rodgers contract baring a very reworked extension) how do they get Adams who is rumored to be looking at 30 mill a year, and WHY, of WHY would they ever entertain making room for MVS?

And more to your point, why is Rodgers suddenly voiching for MVS? if they had any real connection, why hasn't this physical freak who is taller and longer than anyone in the field, and can damned near run with Tyreek, stride for stride, ever been a viable WR??

I don't get it...like at all.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, i am not Trudem..but... :)

Here's the thing that gets me, let's assume Rodgers forces that trade, and that Adams doesn't get franchised. Let's also assume, based on all the rumors and whispers, the tea leaves of Hackett, that Packers Oline coach that likely will be the Broncos new OC, and Rodgers chicky being a Boulder-ite, that Denver is the most likely spot for a trade.

Broncos JUST resigned Cortland Sutton to a fairly big money deal, they JUST resigned Tim Patrick to a decent sized deal, they also have Juedy and Hamler..even considering the probability that Juedy is part of the trade package, and that they have a projected 39+ million in cap space (all of which, plus some, would be Rodgers contract baring a very reworked extension) how do they get Adams who is rumored to be looking at 30 mill a year, and WHY, of WHY would they ever entertain making room for MVS?

And more to your point, why is Rodgers suddenly voiching for MVS? if they had any real connection, why hasn't this physical freak who is taller and longer than anyone in the field, and can damned near run with Tyreek, stride for stride, ever been a viable WR??

I don't get it...like at all.
I get what you're saying but again, from what I've seen, when MVS has been in there, he's been Rodgers' favorite target after Adams.