• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there was hints, but I'm still shocked.

Tom Brady

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Tom Brady is retiring from the NFL after 22 seasons.​

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders hire Josh McD...
View attachment 288008

The Athletic's Vic Tafur reports Raiders players "were disappointed to hear the news" that the team hired Josh McDaniels as head coach.​

Derek Carr, Josh Jacobs, and Maxx Crosby spoke glowingly of Rich Bisaccia's leadership in the days before the Raiders hired McDaniels as their next head coach. Bisaccia, a real football guy who endeared himself to players and fans, helped right the Raiders ship after Jon Gruden was fired following the publication of racist emails. He led Vegas to an improbable playoff berth and fell just short of upsetting the Bengals in the Wild Card round. Tafur reported the Raiders "coaching staff was disappointed and a little bitter" by the news of McDaniels' hiring. McDaniels, whose first head coaching stint (with Denver) was an abject disaster, has a lot of trust-earning to do in the coming weeks and months. "The players will get over it. They always do," Tafur said. "They have no choice. They will meet McDaniels and be optimistic by training camp."

Sounds like they were more disappointed in the fact that it was not Bisaccia, but the headline made me laugh...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he have a lot of politics goin' on when he was with the Broncos? Damn good OC.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he have a lot of politics goin' on when he was with the Broncos? Damn good OC.
There was good and bad all around, his first year, he and Nolan had a good thing going as both sides of the ball were in the top half of everything, but for whatever reason they blew the second half of the season big tim. McD used Nolan as a scape goat, and then the D really stunk in 2010. McD also his videotaping scandal, but he had already proven at that point he was in over his head as head coach.

Traded Cutler because he "didn't trust him", tried to trade him to NE first, which was viewed as kinda shady. drafted Tim Tebow in the first round - although he also draft Moreno, Dem. Thomas, and Eric Decker too.

To be fair he was 32-33 at the time, and being a first time HC, who also was his own GM in essence, he probably just wasn't ready.

But I don't trust him. Virtually none of the NE assistants who leave the nest and try to instil the 'Patriot way' have succeeded.

Good news for Josh Jacobs though, the guy does know how to create a productive offense that can really produce numbers at the RB spot, and Jacons is a true 3 down back that just never really got to play 3rd downs until after Gruden got fired. I'm not sure what it means for Carr though. Contract year for Carr, he's well above average as a QB, but he's not the guy that will elevate the talent around him. That, and, like I said, McD had no issues sending Cutler packing, and Cutler was by far the best QB Denver had had since Elway retired. So I wouldn't be at all shocked if we see the Raiders heavily involved in any Rodgers/Wilson/Watson/Cousins trade rumors. Heck, maybe he really likes Marriota, signs him to a cheaper extension, and just adds Carr to that list of names of QB's potentially on the trade block? They could use the draft capital after Chucky/Mayok absolutely SUCKED at the draft, wasting all those high picks they got trading Mack and Cooper.
I just hope he gets a DC that can handle his side.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was good and bad all around, his first year, he and Nolan had a good thing going as both sides of the ball were in the top half of everything, but for whatever reason they blew the second half of the season big tim. McD used Nolan as a scape goat, and then the D really stunk in 2010. McD also his videotaping scandal, but he had already proven at that point he was in over his head as head coach.

Traded Cutler because he "didn't trust him", tried to trade him to NE first, which was viewed as kinda shady. drafted Tim Tebow in the first round - although he also draft Moreno, Dem. Thomas, and Eric Decker too.

To be fair he was 32-33 at the time, and being a first time HC, who also was his own GM in essence, he probably just wasn't ready.

But I don't trust him. Virtually none of the NE assistants who leave the nest and try to instil the 'Patriot way' have succeeded.

Good news for Josh Jacobs though, the guy does know how to create a productive offense that can really produce numbers at the RB spot, and Jacons is a true 3 down back that just never really got to play 3rd downs until after Gruden got fired. I'm not sure what it means for Carr though. Contract year for Carr, he's well above average as a QB, but he's not the guy that will elevate the talent around him. That, and, like I said, McD had no issues sending Cutler packing, and Cutler was by far the best QB Denver had had since Elway retired. So I wouldn't be at all shocked if we see the Raiders heavily involved in any Rodgers/Wilson/Watson/Cousins trade rumors. Heck, maybe he really likes Marriota, signs him to a cheaper extension, and just adds Carr to that list of names of QB's potentially on the trade block? They could use the draft capital after Chucky/Mayok absolutely SUCKED at the draft, wasting all those high picks they got trading Mack and Cooper.
I just hope he gets a DC that can handle his side.
Great read. TreFF

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Maybe it was overconfidence? Maybe it was the successful plug-and-play culture that existed in NE? Woodhead is a good example. Conversely, there are players who succeeded in NE and took nose-dives on other teams like Cassel and Maroney. Kind of hard not to believe after a while that ALL of your decisions would pay dividends.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Maybe it was overconfidence? Maybe it was the successful plug-and-play culture that existed in NE? Woodhead is a good example. Conversely, there are players who succeeded in NE and took nose-dives on other teams like Cassel and Maroney. Kind of hard not to believe after a while that ALL of your decisions would pay dividends.
didnt hurt to have the goat driving the bus either:suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he got fired because he won too many games this year and management told him to lose so they would have a higher draft pick. They started off 1-7 and everything was going to plan, but then he had 2nd thoughts and pulled a Charlie Donovan/Lou Brown from Major League and decided to screw management over, because he wasn't going to lose. Hopefully they didn't have a cardboard cutout of Chris Grier that they were pulling sections off of each time they won though.

This story is starting to come to light. Major League indeed.

It ain’t pretty.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and just when it looks like one of them is successful, the Dolphins fire him.....good chance they regret that decision within the next couple seasons, imo. and that's a defensive HC too!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and just when it looks like one of them is successful, the Dolphins fire him.....good chance they regret that decision within the next couple seasons, imo. and that's a defensive HC too!
From what I understand, ownership and the GM want someone to make Tua shine.

Whatever, bad firing and I would've loved to see him take over the Vikings if not for Harbaugh.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here's a WOW.

Former Dolphins coach Brian Flores sued the NFL and Giants for alleged "racism in hiring."​

Flores' suit includes texts from Patriots coach Bill Belichick that show him congratulating the former on getting the Giants job, mistakenly believing he was texting Brian Daboll. The issue is that this communication occurred before Flores' interview with the Giants even took place. Flores also claims that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross offered to pay him $100,000 for every loss during the 2019 season to help the team get a better draft spot, becoming upset when Flores instead kept leading the team to wins. This story is far from over as Flores remains trapped in the coaching cycle with few vacancies remaining.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently that's gonna be much sooner than expected..ouch

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flores also claims that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross offered to pay him $100,000 for every loss during the 2019 season to help the team get a better draft spot, becoming upset when Flores instead kept leading the team to wins.
And I thought the Bears had problems. Thanks Dolphins. :yes:

On a side note, I may need to find room for Burrow on my avi.