• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just dont bump Walsh or Cool..
Sadly, Aerosmith's Joe Perry may get the axe. Just dont want to add Burrow and find out in the future he is more if a Joe Flacco than a Joe Montana.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to not talk about Brian Flores-
I've got a snow day tomorrow so...
I checked up on Josh McD's offenses as OC or HC-
2006 NE- #7 scoring, 32yr old Dillon and rookie Maroney combined for 1500yds and 19 TD's. Caldwell 60 receptions, Ben Watson 49
2007 NE- #1 scoring, Maroney was THE RB, for the 13 he played. Moss and Welker destroyed everyone.
2008 NE- #8 scoring, Brady out, Maroney out, RB's a mess Sammy Morris, Law Firm, Faulk, crap QB play..still #8
2009 Denver HC- #20scoring with Neckbeard, rookie Moreno ended up a true lead back, B. Marshall 100 receptions
2010 Denver HC- #19 scoring, Moreno was virtually the only RB to touch the ball, 3 headed passing attack of Lloyd, Royal and Gaffney near splits (DT and Decker were late bloomers)
2011 Rams - #32 scoring. Sam Bradford at QB, obviously SJAX was THE guy at RB, Brandon Lloyd again leading a McD's receiver corp.
2012 back in NE with Brady- #1 scoring. Ridley 3x the rushes of the next guy, Welker and B. Lloyd (I'll be damned) leading the way, Gronk and Hernandez both 50+
2013 NE- #3 scoring, Ridley and Blount near even split of rushes, Edelman the only receiver of note as Gronk was hurt and we all know what happened to Hernandez
2014 NE- #4 scoring, Ridley misses ten game and still comes within 2 carries of leading the team. Edelman 90+ Gronk 80+ LaFell 70+
2015 NE- #3 scoring, despite playing in only 12 games, Blount has nearly triple the rushes of Bolden at #2 in 16. Near 3 way split between Amendola, Edelman and Gronk.
2016 NE- #3 scoring, Blount has 299 attempts to Dion Lewis's 64, Edelman was the entire passing game as Gronk missed half the year. Brady also 'missed' 4
2017 NE- #2 scoring, Lewis in 16 games, 180 attempts, Gillisle in 9 games 100+ attempts. Gronk, Cooks and Amendola all had 60+
2018 NE- #4 scoring. Michel in 13 games more than doubled #2 James White's rushing attempts in 16 games. Receivers were a mess, Josh Gordon almost led the team in 11 games
2019 NE- #7 scoring, Michel almost Quadrupled Whites rushes, Edelman 100 rec. White another 70+
2020 NE- the Cam Newton year, 27th scoring. Can we just throw this out? Cam Newton really just makes anything from this year irrelevant.
2021 NE- Squishy Mac's rookie year- #6 scoring, Harris 200+, Stevenson 130+ (despite 4 inactive games) Meyers 80+, K. Bourne 50, H Henry 50

So whoopity doo..what does it all mean Basil??

Well, I see offenses primarily designed to use one RB, and probably a 3rd down back, if there's a guy on the roster better in the pass game than the lead back.
I see offenses primarily designed to funnel the pass game through slot type receivers and the TE, unless there are superior options outside and inferior ones inside (the Brandon Lloyd years especially)

So, in Vegas next year?
Jacobs, a true 3 down back, IF they retain Drake, 3rd downs maybe a problem for him though.
Renfrow-a straight up clone of Welker/Edelman/Amendola. And Waller, one of the best TE's in the game, and no superior outside options, although Edwards might finally blossom a little.
Now, outside of '08 with Matt Cassel, and '20 with Squishy Mac, McD has put up sub par offenses without Brady. As much as I don't like Carr, he is better than Cassel, K Orton, Bradford, Cam Newton, and Squishy Mac (although I think Squishy Mac may eventually prove to be better).

I dunno what to expect, but I sure hope that at minimum, McD makes the Raiders offense more entertaining..wether that translates to wins? I dunno. But, I do like the fantasy implications his history points towards for Jacobs, Renfrow and Waller.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for replying to my offer, bro. I thought we were better than that.

Huh i answered on Fantrax....gave full reason.....

Lol, my bad, you did.

Don't worry, I forgive you! ;)

Pretty sure that was directed at me, not you @Barilko

@Chef99 - didn't mean to be a jerk when I compared the offer to my failures in romance during high school, I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way, sometimes my humor is only humorous to me

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Chef99 - didn't mean to be a jerk when I compared the offer to my failures in romance during high school, I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way, sometimes my humor is only humorous to me
Now I'm curious...not just as to the offers, but, just how Monkey's adolescent romance troubles were

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No worries, bud. I thought it was a pretty funny remark. :)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington Football Team announced that it is now the Washington Commanders.​

The Commanders announced their name change with the release of a hype video that focused on continuity with the team's past tradition. The Commander's also released their new uniforms, which were in line with Washington's previous uniforms, with the addition of a black and gold option. The Commanders did not unveil a new logo. Instead, their helmets will have a "W", which is a letter that does not appear in their new nickname. Presumably, this is an attempt to hold onto a legacy that many would prefer they move on from entirely. The Commanders will now focus on finding and installing a starting quarterback for 2022.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. Methinks a storm is brewing.

Former Browns head coach Hue Jackson implied on Twitter that Browns owner Jimmy Haslam paid him to lose games.​

Jackson tweeted "Trust me it was a good number!" in response to a tweet suggesting he was not paid $100,000 per loss, as former Dolphins head coach Brian Flores alleges he was offered by Dolphins owner Stephen Ross. Executive director of Jackson's foundation, Kimberly Diemert followed up with a tweet claiming that they have records that Jackson and Browns executives--including current general manager Andrew Berry--were paid to tank in 2016 and 2017. It's possible that Jackson plans to sign on to Flores' class action suit against the NFL. In either case, this story is far from over.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. Methinks a storm is brewing.

Former Browns head coach Hue Jackson implied on Twitter that Browns owner Jimmy Haslam paid him to lose games.​

Jackson tweeted "Trust me it was a good number!" in response to a tweet suggesting he was not paid $100,000 per loss, as former Dolphins head coach Brian Flores alleges he was offered by Dolphins owner Stephen Ross. Executive director of Jackson's foundation, Kimberly Diemert followed up with a tweet claiming that they have records that Jackson and Browns executives--including current general manager Andrew Berry--were paid to tank in 2016 and 2017. It's possible that Jackson plans to sign on to Flores' class action suit against the NFL. In either case, this story is far from over.

this response to Hue's tweet was a gem:

"you didn't need 100k per game by having your team either use a time out or get a delay of game penalty on the first offensive play of the game. Instead you were the perfect hire for a team that wanted to tank"

lol

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here we go.

Get ready for a long story.

Dolphins owner has issued an official statement calling former coach Brian Flores' allegations "false, malicious and defamatory."​

In addition to Flores' charges of racism, he has alleged Ross offered him $100,000 per game to intentionally lose in 2019 and tried to strong arm him into a rule-breaking meeting with a free agent quarterback — believed to be Tom Brady — in 2020. "With regard to the allegations being made by Brian Flores, I am a man of honor and integrity and cannot let them stand without responding,” Ross said late Wednesday. “I take great personal exception to these malicious attacks, and the truth must be known." Ross and the NFL sound like they are digging in for war, though the league is believed to be readying an investigation into Flores' tanking allegation. At least at first blush, Flores doesn't seem to be running low on evidence. Ross could be in a fight for his survival as Dolphins owner.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here we go.

Get ready for a long story.

Dolphins owner has issued an official statement calling former coach Brian Flores' allegations "false, malicious and defamatory."​

In addition to Flores' charges of racism, he has alleged Ross offered him $100,000 per game to intentionally lose in 2019 and tried to strong arm him into a rule-breaking meeting with a free agent quarterback — believed to be Tom Brady — in 2020. "With regard to the allegations being made by Brian Flores, I am a man of honor and integrity and cannot let them stand without responding,” Ross said late Wednesday. “I take great personal exception to these malicious attacks, and the truth must be known." Ross and the NFL sound like they are digging in for war, though the league is believed to be readying an investigation into Flores' tanking allegation. At least at first blush, Flores doesn't seem to be running low on evidence. Ross could be in a fight for his survival as Dolphins owner.
Denver says Flores is full of shit about the allegations he had against them, and can prove it, at least that's what they say.

It's definitely gonna get UGLY

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to not talk about Brian Flores-
I've got a snow day tomorrow so...
I checked up on Josh McD's offenses as OC or HC-
2006 NE- #7 scoring, 32yr old Dillon and rookie Maroney combined for 1500yds and 19 TD's. Caldwell 60 receptions, Ben Watson 49
2007 NE- #1 scoring, Maroney was THE RB, for the 13 he played. Moss and Welker destroyed everyone.
2008 NE- #8 scoring, Brady out, Maroney out, RB's a mess Sammy Morris, Law Firm, Faulk, crap QB play..still #8
2009 Denver HC- #20scoring with Neckbeard, rookie Moreno ended up a true lead back, B. Marshall 100 receptions
2010 Denver HC- #19 scoring, Moreno was virtually the only RB to touch the ball, 3 headed passing attack of Lloyd, Royal and Gaffney near splits (DT and Decker were late bloomers)
2011 Rams - #32 scoring. Sam Bradford at QB, obviously SJAX was THE guy at RB, Brandon Lloyd again leading a McD's receiver corp.
2012 back in NE with Brady- #1 scoring. Ridley 3x the rushes of the next guy, Welker and B. Lloyd (I'll be damned) leading the way, Gronk and Hernandez both 50+
2013 NE- #3 scoring, Ridley and Blount near even split of rushes, Edelman the only receiver of note as Gronk was hurt and we all know what happened to Hernandez
2014 NE- #4 scoring, Ridley misses ten game and still comes within 2 carries of leading the team. Edelman 90+ Gronk 80+ LaFell 70+
2015 NE- #3 scoring, despite playing in only 12 games, Blount has nearly triple the rushes of Bolden at #2 in 16. Near 3 way split between Amendola, Edelman and Gronk.
2016 NE- #3 scoring, Blount has 299 attempts to Dion Lewis's 64, Edelman was the entire passing game as Gronk missed half the year. Brady also 'missed' 4
2017 NE- #2 scoring, Lewis in 16 games, 180 attempts, Gillisle in 9 games 100+ attempts. Gronk, Cooks and Amendola all had 60+
2018 NE- #4 scoring. Michel in 13 games more than doubled #2 James White's rushing attempts in 16 games. Receivers were a mess, Josh Gordon almost led the team in 11 games
2019 NE- #7 scoring, Michel almost Quadrupled Whites rushes, Edelman 100 rec. White another 70+
2020 NE- the Cam Newton year, 27th scoring. Can we just throw this out? Cam Newton really just makes anything from this year irrelevant.
2021 NE- Squishy Mac's rookie year- #6 scoring, Harris 200+, Stevenson 130+ (despite 4 inactive games) Meyers 80+, K. Bourne 50, H Henry 50

So whoopity doo..what does it all mean Basil??

Well, I see offenses primarily designed to use one RB, and probably a 3rd down back, if there's a guy on the roster better in the pass game than the lead back.
I see offenses primarily designed to funnel the pass game through slot type receivers and the TE, unless there are superior options outside and inferior ones inside (the Brandon Lloyd years especially)

So, in Vegas next year?
Jacobs, a true 3 down back, IF they retain Drake, 3rd downs maybe a problem for him though.
Renfrow-a straight up clone of Welker/Edelman/Amendola. And Waller, one of the best TE's in the game, and no superior outside options, although Edwards might finally blossom a little.
Now, outside of '08 with Matt Cassel, and '20 with Squishy Mac, McD has put up sub par offenses without Brady. As much as I don't like Carr, he is better than Cassel, K Orton, Bradford, Cam Newton, and Squishy Mac (although I think Squishy Mac may eventually prove to be better).

I dunno what to expect, but I sure hope that at minimum, McD makes the Raiders offense more entertaining..wether that translates to wins? I dunno. But, I do like the fantasy implications his history points towards for Jacobs, Renfrow and Waller.
you could have just said mcdaniels was a great OC when brady was his QB:suds: