• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine hitting on your QB in the draft, only to have front office wreck your team so bad, that your QB doesn't want to play for your anymore
Right?? I mean, it's deeper than, "I don't want to play here any longer"..there's something toxic going on that would make a guy like RW go public with discontent. Talk about the model "team player". Watson too, and it's probably worse in Houston. It's not about the cap or the contract, or the money...something bad is going on, and as the team leaders, they're saying something. Something will break

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've said this before, but it's worth saying again:

Nothing compares in the age of the internet to the fantasy group we've somehow assembled here on the hoop.
I know there have been plenty of heated debates/arguments throughout the last 5 or so years here, and that we've seen some good guys come and go, but the only other fantasy experience I've had online has been on twitter, and the jackoffs on twitter are toxic AF

so even if we don't agree on values/projections/analysis, the Hoop is still the best place to discuss and analyze football for fantasy and real life.

ok, I'm drunk, it's time to go to bed, but still, this is the best place for real football talk without the bullshit.

anyone that reads this, I'm talking about you, even if we haven't interacted here yet!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine hitting on your QB in the draft, only to have front office wreck your team so bad, that your QB doesn't want to play for your anymore
Its kind of the same scenario to trade for a QB.

I think the Rams made an excellent deal in Stafford. But the demands for Watson or Dak (while justifiable) will cripple a team if they are trading first and/or 2nd round picks for 2 or 3 years into the future.
Watson in particular may end up going to a situation that will be just as bad as the one he is in now 4 years from now.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its kind of the same scenario to trade for a QB.

I think the Rams made an excellent deal in Stafford. But the demands for Watson or Dak (while justifiable) will cripple a team if they are trading first and/or 2nd round picks for 2 or 3 years into the future.
Watson in particular may end up going to a situation that will be just as bad as the one he is in now 4 years from now.

I wonder if Rams kicked the tires on Watson at all, as his situation has been going on a bit longer than Wilson's. Or if they had a shot at Stafford and took it before someone else does.

As much as I like seeing any team go for it when they have a window, I fear they're delaying a rebuild, and continually kicking that can down the road will make it last longer

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I've said this before, but it's worth saying again:

Nothing compares in the age of the internet to the fantasy group we've somehow assembled here on the hoop.
I know there have been plenty of heated debates/arguments throughout the last 5 or so years here, and that we've seen some good guys come and go, but the only other fantasy experience I've had online has been on twitter, and the jackoffs on twitter are toxic AF

so even if we don't agree on values/projections/analysis, the Hoop is still the best place to discuss and analyze football for fantasy and real life.

ok, I'm drunk, it's time to go to bed, but still, this is the best place for real football talk without the bullshit.

anyone that reads this, I'm talking about you, even if we haven't interacted here yet!
It is the Hoop now. before it was CBS board. Participating with the guys on these boards have been a major source of entertainment for me for years-over a decade. I have only met one of the on line guys but consider many to be friends. when I type it out it seems strange but I mean it!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well JJ Watt went to the Cards. 2 years $31 million with $23 million guaranteed.

For that price tag I am glad the Packers didnt sign him. This means the Cards lose Reddick and they are still no better than the third best team in the division IMO as long as RW stays in Seattle.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well JJ Watt went to the Cards. 2 years $31 million with $23 million guaranteed.

For that price tag I am glad the Packers didnt sign him. This means the Cards lose Reddick and they are still no better than the third best team in the division IMO as long as RW stays in Seattle.
Kinda surprised, I figured he'd put more weight into being a bona-fide super bowl contender. Nothing against Watt, but even he isn't great enough to elevate ARZ into that category

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda surprised, I figured he'd put more weight into being a bona-fide super bowl contender. Nothing against Watt, but even he isn't great enough to elevate ARZ into that category
AZ does get Chandler Jones back but this move likely costs them Reddick.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sounds like Milano is testing the market... leaves Buffalo without a big piece.

what are your thoughts on Kirksey? Bills could be looking there.

I am also glad we didn’t pay for JJ

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like Milano is testing the market... leaves Buffalo without a big piece.

what are your thoughts on Kirksey? Bills could be looking there.

I am also glad we didn’t pay for JJ
Kirksey played very well down the stretch but health is always a concern

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got crucified on the nfl board for pointing out that watson asks for his release and is murdered. Watt, they let go, dont even attempt a trade. Was told repeatedly his contract made him untradeable, even for a late rounder...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree, who knows, Zona could take the next step and Kyler continues to develop, but this is a last contract deal, not a "Let's win a SB" deal.

not saying there's a single thing wrong with his decision, football doesn't last forever, need to get paid as long as you can play.

Only way they get over the hump would be if this makes it more attractive for other players to join him.
Haven't looked into their cap situation, but QB on a rookie deal, now is their time to spent big elsewhere and go for it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got crucified on the nfl board for pointing out that watson asks for his release and is murdered. Watt, they let go, dont even attempt a trade. Was told repeatedly his contract made him untradeable, even for a late rounder...
I'm with ya on the apparent double standard. They could've gotten something for Watt. I get not wanting to part with a young stud QB and how a 30-something DE/OLB is a different ball of wax..but..just don't make no sense how night and day they're being treated by Houston

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya on the apparent double standard. They could've gotten something for Watt. I get not wanting to part with a young stud QB and how a 30-something DE/OLB is a different ball of wax..but..just don't make no sense how night and day they're being treated by Houston
Yep. Exactly. I get the age and positional stuff i do. But edge guys are what? At worst a top 3 position in todays nfl...Like you could of attempted to get a late round draft pick. Dont tell me hes not tradeable. You think another team in the running wouldnt of given up a seventh and paid him his 17.5 as opposed to 15.5.....to ensure they get him....bullspat imho

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe

What has you wondering about my post? Them finishing 3rd in that division?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe

Quite honestly, if we dont get a serviceable QB, i could see us finishing last. Bears have a tougher schedule this year. And while the Lions may have a new QB and new HC, sometimes that can give a team an adrenaline rush. Whereas Bears have the same ole Nagy.

What that line from Star Wars? "I got a bad feeling about this."

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe

Sorry. Was zoning out on a NFC north divisional thought.

I dont think AZ may finish 3rd. They split with SEA and SF last season. And if my FSOS numbers are any indication, SEA has the hardest schedule against opposing defenses whereas AZ has the softest.
I think LAR run away with the division. But its a coin toss for 2nd place imo.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Was zoning out on a NFC north divisional thought.

I dont think AZ may finish 3rd. They split with SEA and SF last season. And if my FSOS numbers are any indication, SEA has the hardest schedule against opposing defenses whereas AZ has the softest.
I think LAR run away with the division. But its a coin toss for 2nd place imo.
With SF getting healthy, I think they finish much better than last year. Its all speculation now at this point.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1614880843961.png

don't see your team on the list?
that's cause they are so far in the hole, they're fucked

(or the salary cap is a myth? could be the way teams work it)